closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: York nice places to eat.

York nice places to eat.

I know this may have been asked before but me and the wife have booked a few days in york next week stopping in an apartment so we are in need of a few recommendations for places to eat, breakfast,lunch and dinner .
    Any locals or regular visitors have any gems they want to share 👍🏻

Breakfast, if you're a short walk from Bishopthorpe Road I'd go to Pig & Pastry for breakfast. If you're more central try The Rise at The Grand.

Most women love a trip to Betty's for afternoon tea, although you may prefer a pie in The House of Trembling Madness on Stonegate or a Pulled Pork Bun from Shambles kitchen.

Evening: Fine dining at The Park off Bootham. Skosh on Micklegate or for something a bit cheaper Gusto off Stonegate, Mediterranean try Delrio's next to Micklegate Bar, or Mumbai Louge for a good curry.

Blog Entries
    Our son went to uni in York 10 years ago and ended up staying, marrying, supplying us with more grandchildren so we go to York lots.

He has his own place in Clifton called Bella's Kitchen doing coffee, cake and breakfasts in the mornings and closing and opening up as a pizzeria in the evenings at weekends doing pizza's.

Places we eat, young son so Italian feature lots.... La Piazza which is a really old traditional Italian, Delrio's is a really really nice Italian, Spring Espresso is a nice place to stop off for a sit down, if you want to grab a drink in a nice quiet nook in the city head to Macumba near Barley Hall. If the weather is warm its lovely to sit outside.

Enjoy.

La vechia sculo ,Italian,I always go in here and have never been let down,they also do a cheap lunch menu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for those suggestions guys any one else have any?

Trip Advisor is pretty accurate, you won't go far wrong with the top rated places.

A quick summary of those that I've tried...

Rustique is a good value, good quality french restaurant, two in the city.

The Whippet Inn is great for Steak, you may need to book.

Khao San Rd is a great Thai, as is Rice Style on Bishopthorpe Rd (run by same family)

Brew & Brownie for exactly that, and breakfast

Melton’s - long established fine dining with a solid reputation

Pairings is great for wine and cured meats

Little Italy, a foodie’s italian - more that standard Pizza/pasta

Los Moros - best street food outfit in the city

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...e_England.html
    Last edited by chrisparker; 20th October 2017 at 10:14.