closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AP ROO triple calendar question

Journeyman

AP ROO triple calendar question

Hey guys,

I was browsing an auction catalogue and my eye fell on an old AP ROO with triple calendar model nr: 25807ST
    I've always lusted after the AP RO and ROO but haven't gelled with anything in my price range yet. The new RO is too big, the 15202 too brittle, and the new ROO very pricey.

Now what I noticed was that on this watch head, the fitment for the strap is different than what we know of AP today, with the 2 metal bars connecting the strap or bracelet to the watch head.

First question: is this correct, and if yes how many of these alternative watch heads exist? some google searches turned up nothing other that finding similar looking models and a newer in in the Schwarzeneger T3 ROO which does seem to have the same system.

Secondly: Am I correct to assume that it's not possible to attach a metal AP ROO bracelet to this watch, I couldn't really see how.

This would mean that of this particular watch 2 versions exist: one with a watch head exclusively for a leather strap. And another head that can both take a bracelt or strap.

You cannot attach a bracelet to this model. This is a wonderful watch and I understand the movement is a JLC. It's a little smaller than the 42mm ROO's of old so more manageable for a lot of people. There are also some 42mm ROO's with the same case design.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidermonkey View Post
    This would mean that of this particular watch 2 versions exist: one with a watch head exclusively for a leather strap. And another head that can both take a bracelt or strap.
    This is correct. I own the version with the bracelet, the 25807st, and it's a wonderful, wonderful watch. I would very much encourage you to buy one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks for the feedback, but I didn't win the watch at auction.