closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Frederique Constant

Craftsman

Frederique Constant

What's the view on the offerings of Frederique constant?

I keep looking at the Healey ltd edition set from a couple of years ago.

Probably because I'm into classic cars I'm being drawn in with the Healey connection and big box set with the model Healey.

I've resisted the temptation so far as they had a quite eye watering RRP for what I perceived to be a lower end brand. I may be doing them a disservice so thought I'd ask your views on the brand.

I've been offered the three hand automatic limited set, ( https://frederiqueconstant.com/news/...ey-collection/ ) as new with tags still on and with everything with it for around £500 and although it looks a lot for the money I've had my fingers burnt before buying lesser known brands like this.

I know that if I buy it the novelty will wear off at some point and I'm not sure if there would be a secondary market for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

Sister brand to Alpina and now owned by Citizen I believe. I've got a Fredrique Constant smartwatch which is very nice and well made - the bracelet was pretty useless though (every time I flexed my wrist it popped open). All I can say is don't pay anywhere even remotely close to RRP - current models can often be found on US sites such as Jomashop and Ashford with massive (50 to 75%) discounts.

Craftsman
    Their offerings over the last few years have definitely caught by eye - particularly the new flyback chronograph from Basel.

Master
    I think anyone producing manufacture movements has to have a certain level of respect. Do they still have the cheapest manufacturer perpetual? But no, I wouldn't spend RRP on most of their stuff.

The brand used to be under Dutch management, Peter Stas and his wife Aletta, they started the brand and did a great job. They even managed to produce inhouse movements for their higher end watches.
    They sold the brand to Citizen, and Peter is still the CEO for a couple of more years.
    They offer excellent value for money. I would highy recommend an FC in anyone's collection.

Craftsman
    Decent pedigree, but essentially a better version of Raymond Weil (well, much better). Like others have said, a brand I would only buy when on massive discount.

Seen a couple in person, and they're nice in the hand.

With a retail price of over £1400 the offer the OP looks like most of the hit has been taken already.
    But that doesn't mean that it will hold its value at that, but if you like it, buy it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    Their offerings over the last few years have definitely caught by eye - particularly the new flyback chronograph from Basel.
    Love that in rose gold. Shame it''s a touch on the large side for a dress chrono imo.

I picked one a Healey GMT in New York for buttons from a sale in an office block...

I wouldn't pay anything like RRP but for what I paid for it I was pretty happy:

Grand Master
    I've owned a couple, excellent quality but as others have said, don't pay anything like rrp....
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    FC deserve respect and make beautiful time pieces. If I drove a Healy I'd get one!

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

The joke is - I've never even owned a car - it was just the price was right and I liked the watch!