closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New UK Watchmaker Arrival

New UK Watchmaker Arrival

I had always like the Schofield design philosophy and their marketing appealed to me. Plus they are based in the village next to where I use to live in West Sussex. However, apart from the discontinued Signalman and Beater First Generation, there wasn't a watch in their current line up that I really liked.

I then received an email regarding preloved Schofields and I gave Giles a call to see what was available. During the conversation we turned to the new model Beater that he was developing and I mentioned that I liked the sound of the blue dial but not the bronze case and as you do, we then created a one off custom order for a new blue Beater is a steel case with an exhibition case back. The movement is just an Elaboré ETA 2824. So servicing will be a breeze and while it may not be fully deserving of an exhibition caseback, I like them and so that is what matters.

It is classed and branded as one of Schofield's Rare Things as it is currently 1 of 1 but I am sure that there will be others at some point. Now on a blue tweed strap with red ceramic coated steel pin buckle

I must say the service and attention to detail is fabulous and everything is very high quality from the straps to the cigar tube to the watch itself. Now 2 months on I have my new addition and I am very happy that I was able to support a U.K. Watch maker with a unique design.

Last edited by paw3001; 17th October 2017 at 14:46.

I think you have created the nicest Schofield i have seen yet.. lovely.

Looks lovely, but I wouldnt add it to the "Let's have a thin off" thread!

Master
    I really like that. Looks heavy? What's it wear like?

The packaging is extremely nice too!

Craftsman
    What's the price on one of these? Can't find any info on this model on the site, but the other models look pricey.

Looks a high quality piece and designing your own specification with the company owner is really special!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Got a look of Bremont about it apart from the unusual (strange/itchy) strap

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Nice to see something a little different. Did they include the cigar? No snug shirt cuffs, that's for sure.

Ohhh that’s nice....

Currently have a signalman and a blue ti beater..

Just waiting on the beater2 to be built... you will find the next addiction will be straps...the schofield & cudd straps are very nice as well!

Cheers

matt

Journeyman
    very nice, not sure on the 0 instead of 12 but the dial is very nice.

The hands on that are really lovely

Nice Michael Morris too.

Sent from my XT1580 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    That is superb, I am rather envious!

I am looking forward to seeing what they bring to SalonQP.

Dave

Master
    the entire package looks very attractive. Love the watch and dial and but looks a tad high, how thick is it?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    the entire package looks very attractive. Love the watch and dial and but looks a tad high, how thick is it?
    Meters first ??

Blog Entries
    Nice looker but hands a bit too long for my liking.
    Good to support smaller manufacturers.

Height is 15mm which is high for a non-Chronograph but the watch isn't made to be worn with a suit!

Nice watch - must have been fun collaborating with Giles. I have a Blacklamp and enjoyed the whole purchase experience and fell victim to the accessories catalogue too. The cigar on ordering is a really nice touch too.

I saw a prototype of the Day Mark and really liked those - and I love the "sign of life" seconds hand on the custom beaters.

Enjoy the watch they are a great company to buy from and a great product to own.

PS The Screwdrivers are good too - I have the first set so if you want to change straps often they are a good purchase.
    Last edited by MB2; 17th October 2017 at 09:15.

They do fit under standard shirt cuffs though - never had a problem their even with the signalman which is a bit thicker.

cheers

matt

Master
    For me, it's just too thick and , because of this, looks awkward on the wrist.Too high. Also, the greatest skill of Schofield is arguably marketing. You get a watch with a basic, cheap, movement but you pay over £4000. Nice work if you can do it.
    Still, you won't come across anyone else with one, if that matters. And great straps.
    Last edited by paskinner; 17th October 2017 at 09:44.

I suppose that if you are a "larger" gentleman this would fit beautifully.
    However as a 12 stone 5'10" "weakling" this is never going to make my must have list.

Ps, the box by itself must be worth circa a grand.
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Great looking watch , not sure of the height , but still a good looking watch .
    Last edited by Tazmo61; 17th October 2017 at 10:30.

That looks like quite an unusual beast - I'm thinking you'll probably need to test whether it's curry proof some time soon?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    That looks like quite an unusual beast - I'm thinking you'll probably need to test whether it's curry proof some time soon?
    That is a very good idea! I'll have to ask Giles how Scoville proof the watch is!

I will send some dates by PM

If anyone buys one and wants to flog the box I'd be interested.
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    If anyone buys one and wants to flog the box I'd be interested.
    You could always contact Giles and see if he would sell you one.

Mine will be staying as a 'full set' I'm afraid.

Master
    That's nice and something different too!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Blimey....that's thicker than Joey Essex. I do like it although I would be interested to see what it would look like with shorter hands. Nice box as well.

I like what Schofield are doing and it's good to be kept updated via the mailing list. I like the case and overall design of their watch products and I particularly like the 'prepared' bronze beater. It's also good to see a one-off like this which looks very nice.

But the whole ethos of the company is one of exclusivity, so there is a hell of a premium to pay for the privilege of owning one.

If I had the cash spare, I wouldn't hesitate in the least.

Thanks for all the comments. Can’t say I agree with all of them but I can understand your points of view. I’m just glad that you took the time to comment on a watch brand we don’t see much of on here and I would highly recommend Schofield and Giles for the level of service and help in choosing and deciding.

Finally, yes it is an expensive brand but may not be as expensive as you would think, especially when you consider what you get for your money compared to what people are paying for a Speedy Tuesday and this is much more limited!

PS Village, the hands aren’t too long, the chapter ring is in the wrong place!

I should have my standard Beater 2 in a few weeks.

Always wanted a bronze version but missed out on the first batch.

Nice to see some real world pics of the new dial... cant wait :)

Just will need to find somewhere to put the third box!

Enjoy..

Cheers

Matt

A couple of new shots with a little more light!