closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Freshening up my Railmaster

Master

Freshening up my Railmaster

Hi
    Have been going through my collection today. Haven't worn my Railmaster in ages and have been contemplating selling it.

However it's a great watch that I've had for years so I'm reluctant to move it on without exploring all options.

I've been thinking about giving it a new lease of life with a new strap. It's currently on a brown alligator.

Lug width is 21mm so that can rule some options out.

What thoughts have you got?

For those of you unfamiliar with a Railmaster there's a pic below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    What thoughts have you got?
    Nice watch, Nice strap, wrong wrist..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Got to agree. Nothing wrong with that combo.

Master
    Ah yes, as a lefty my dad thought I ought to wear my watch on the opposite wrist and that's how I've always worn it. Tried it on my left wrist and it feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    Ah yes, as a lefty my dad thought I ought to wear my watch on the opposite wrist and that's how I've always worn it. Tried it on my left wrist and it feels wrong.
    Yes, I’m a righty and wear on my left, on my right it feels so wrong!!

Apprentice
    Yes, I’m a righty and wear on my left, on my right it feels so wrong!!

Left hand every time.

Master
    What size is that? My RM 39mm has 20mm lugs, yours must presumably be bigger?

The tweed run being kindly run by a member here would let you get one at whatever dimensions you require I think. Some of the options are stunning!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    What size is that? My RM 39mm has 20mm lugs, yours must presumably be bigger?
    Yes mine is the 41.5mm version so has larger lug width

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    The tweed run being kindly run by a member here would let you get one at whatever dimensions you require I think. Some of the options are stunning!
    Haven't see now that thread, will do a search for it. Thanks

Love my Railmaster I think it looks good on both strap or bracelet

I've just put my Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial on a dark brown (chocolate brown) hand-made strap from watchgecko [ https://www.watchgecko.com/classic-h...ther-strap.php ] at £40 {but look for discounts: 10% often offered}. A bit more relaxed than an aligator type strap and I think it would suit your Railmaster rather well!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchIng View Post
    I've just put my Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial on a dark brown (chocolate brown) hand-made strap from watchgecko [ https://www.watchgecko.com/classic-h...ther-strap.php ] at £40 {but look for discounts: 10% often offered}. A bit more relaxed than an aligator type strap and I think it would suit your Railmaster rather well!
    Thanks very much for the suggestion

I think tan straps work well on the Railmaster. This one is from Peter Watchacc:

Master
    What size is it? It looks quite a large watch on your wrist. I think it looks really good on the leather. Much better suited than on a bracelet. It would be like a whole new watch on one.

Master
    If boredom sets in let a NATO come to the rescue. I’d actually go more colourful than the one below as I like to contrast but all tastes are equally valid. Worst case scenario is you spend £20 or so for a few straps from Watch Obsession. I would buy more than one as they are cheap as chips and you can then vary at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    If boredom sets in let a NATO come to the rescue. I’d actually go more colourful than the one below as I like to contrast but all tastes are equally valid. Worst case scenario is you spend £20 or so for a few straps from Watch Obsession. I would buy more than one as they are cheap as chips and you can then vary at your leisure.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post

I like NATO’s but that really doesn’t work for me, bit like trainers and a sharp suit..

Master
    I agree looks much Classier on the Leather.

Journeyman
    Loverly looking watch. Prefer the leather.

Never really liked the railmaster until now, looks much better on leather, much like the aqua terra does, simple design lines

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    I think tan straps work well on the Railmaster. This one is from Peter Watchacc:

Hi Colin

I got my strap from Peter as well. I originally wanted tan but he'd run out so I went for dark brown instead. I think yours looks much better on the Railmaster

Craftsman
    I'm fortunate enough to have both the bracelet and leather deployant. I actually prefer neither and went for a 21mm custom made grey strap with an Omega buckle. eBay for the win!

Edit: Had to post a link to image rather than embed: https://mgerrard.remotewebaccess.com/s/oPokkUDPMGq0VzA

M.

On a Hirsch Leonardo. It's a versatile look that works with a suit our casual and doesn't look delicate, unlike some of the other leather options for the watch. A very dark brown which almost looks black in most lighting. Stitching works well with print on the dial. Suits the contours of the lugs well.

Craftsman
    I have mine on a mid brown croc strap with white sticking, looks very nice combination