closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NY baseball tickets May/June 2018

Blog Entries

NY baseball tickets May/June 2018

Dutch school exams are in May and it’s my son’s turn next May...
    After the exams, my wife wants to take him on a city trip to NY, including a baseball game. Ticket prices are around $ 200 /piece.
    Does anyone here has experiences, tips or tricks to get cheaper tickets?

Menno

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Dutch school exams are in May and it’s my son’s turn next May...
    After the exams, my wife wants to take him on a city trip to NY, including a baseball game. Ticket prices are around $ 200 /piece.
    Does anyone here has experiences, tips or tricks to get cheaper tickets?

Menno
    That can't be right.
    There are loads of tickets available usually. Prices for the cheaper seats are good value but you will be sat in the higher seats.
    I wouldn't advocate booking this far in advance by any means.
    If you can, go on the subway to the Stadium. It's a great way of getting around and you can follow the herd to the ground too.

Journeyman
    Hi,

Unfortunately that price is about right!

I paid more to sit in a great seat for a Yankees game but the bleacher seats (bit further away under the scoreboard) were about $30 - i'd get them next time as it was more about the experience of being in the stadium than the view itself to be honest.

Glenn

You could try contacting one of the Dutch baseball clubs to see if they have any contacts that can help ?

The club that comes to mind immediately is Amsterdam Pirates

http://www.amsterdampirates.nl/

Went to the Yankee stadium last year with our Grandaughter. Best place for tickets, and you get to see a virtual view online is the official Yankees website.
    Agree it may be too early for tickets though but worth checking. I think for a first timer the cheaper seats, we paid $70 dollars each, are fine. You get to see all the action and the crowd are funny and entertaining. Atmosphere and food are epic. Yankees vs the Red Sox.
    We went on the subway, get it early if choosing that route, its very very crowded, but again fun
    Enjoy if you go.

Yankee Stadium holds 47,422 people and last season they averaged 39,835 so there is scope for a walk up ticket. There are 81 home games in the season and May/June is early in the season. Ticket availability does depend on start time and opposition. I went to the previous Yankee Stadium twice in 1998 when the Yankees had their best season ever. I got tickets for both games from the 5th Avenue Yankees store the day before each game. I would buy direct from the Yankees once individual game tickets go on sale.

I got the subway from downtown Manhattan where I was staying to the Bronx. It was an easy trip.

Journeyman
    Another point to note - when i was there people were having to throw away perfumes as it was liquid in a bottle?! There were some unhappy female faces on the way in....

Not suprised about that. I was at the Mets (and paid USD 40 at the stadium or so for decent seats) with 6 guys. All clearly 35+ but had to show ID every time we bought a beer.

I've been 4 times to the new Yankee Stadium, once to the old. I used Stubhub at the hotel and paid...I recall, 32 dollars for 7 tickets. Indeed. The booking fee was the same again. Lol. Bleacher seats too, really, just a few dollars on the day of the game. Yankees won all 5 games...Let's go Yankees!

You can walk round the stadium and stand behind the first tier home plate seats that are hundreds of dollars each. We did it to get out of the blazing sun.

- - - Updated - - -

It was 2011 btw.

Stubhub with electronic tickets... got fantastic hyundai clib tickets at the mets when i was there!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Stubhub with electronic tickets... got fantastic hyundai clib tickets at the mets when i was there!

Agreed. Stubhub is key.

Blog Entries
    All: thank you very much for the info!

As so often, here on the forum there's a ton of information and/or experience about nearly everything I can think of. In fact when we (my wife and I) discussed how to obtain tickets, my first reaction was "I'll ask on TZ-UK. I bet that members have been on that road before us!"

My wife will take it from here and I am sure they will enjoy a game in May/June.

Menno