closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Has anyone dealt with Vintage-watches-collection.com

Has anyone dealt with Vintage-watches-collection.com

As some may recall?

A couple of weeks ago, I started a thread about getting my "Birth Year" watch.

While searching the Web, I came across this company www.vintage-watches-collection.com

On looking at their site, they appeared to have several watches from the year that I was looking for.

So, I emailed them about the watches that they had on their site. Much to my surprise, they emailed me details of 2 x S/S Omega Seamaster & a Rolex Oyster-date.

I rang them up and left two messages on the 3rd attempt, I finally spoke to gent called Marcus.
    During our conversation, he explained that they were based in Hull.
    I asked him about the watches that he had advertised on his website, to which he replied that it had not been updated for aprox 5 years!!
    As they had been too busy buying and selling watches. This I have to admit to being a bit strange, none the less I enquired about the S/S models that he had, and he gave me some details. I asked him (the question just popped into my head) did the Rolex have the Roulette Date Wheel, he said that he would take a look and let me know.
    After a day I hadn't heard anything, so I emailed him, he responded back, saying that I was in luck and that it did. But he suggested that I acted quickly, as from next year, watches from 1959 would be in short supply, this seemed completely logical to me, so I asked if he could send me a photo showing the red date.

After a further few days, I hadn't heard from him, so today, I again emailed him. And I received the following reply.

"Sorry for the delayed reply. The Christmas buying rush seems to have started and we’re rushed off our feet here at the moment.

Unfortunately, we don’t take additional photos. This policy applies to everyone and is something we’ve had to adopt simply due to lack of time. We get requests every day for buckle/ extra dial/ on the wrist shots and if we took these, we just wouldn’t have time to do anything else.

You’re most welcome to come along and have a look at the watch in person if you wish"

Is this a reasonable answer and its me being overly suspicious?

To my way of thinking, if I was trying to sell something, I would do everything in my power to promote a good relation and trust between the customer and myself.

Or should I be right to be wary?

Master

Master
    Haywood doesn't provide additional photos either, stated clearly on his website.

It certainly wouldn't put me off, and you've been invited to go and look at it in person so I fail to see a problem.

Not updating the website in 5 years is a bit unusual, but they could have out sourced the web design and may not have the technological know how to update it in house.

All sounds a bit unsatisfactory - shame, as the Watches look nice.
    I wonder if anyone has bought from these people ?

http://sonningvintagewatches.com

I’d really like a classic doctors watch, but not committed enough to pay ££ for a vintage Rolex prince.

This is a guy called Marcus Harding or Hardy. If you have any problems with any watch you buy from him, you will have trouble either getting it fixed or getting money back.
    Avoid.

Thanks gents for confirming what my "Gut" was telling me.

The links made for interesting reading!!

Craftsman
    one word....avoid!