closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Speedmaster 2915-1 sold at auction

Journeyman

Omega Speedmaster 2915-1 sold at auction

Interesting read - an Omega Speedmaster 2915-1 was recently sold at auction for a record breaking price.

https://www.bukowskis.com/en/news/1278

Prices seem to have rocketed is less than 10 years
    It's just a matter of time...

To be fair that model is regarded as almost impossible to source in any condition and Speedmaster101.com rate a running example at $55k and a good one between $75k and $125k - but try and find one for sale at any price.

On a similar theme I was in a pub last night and a guy at the bar was wearing this:

Had an interesting debate with him. He claimed he was a jeweller and bought it off a punter a while back, he thought it was 1959-1960 and I told him he was wrong, I said it was a 105:003 Ed White, probably a -65 dating to 1966/67.

I told him to whip the caseback off if he had the tools and check the reference and the serial number. We also differed on price, I said £10k+, he thought £7k so I offered him £7k there and then, but he wouldnt sell.

Nice watch though, correct dial, hands, don insert, bracelet - I tried it on and took the photo. Only went to the bar to buy a few pints.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 26th October 2017 at 20:47.

Journeyman
    How many of them were made?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    To be fair that model is regarded as almost impossible to source in any condition and Speedmaster101.com rate a running example at $55k and a good one between $75k and $125k - but try and find one for sale at any price.

On a similar theme I was in a pub last night and a guy at the bar was wearing this:

Had an interesting debate with him. He claimed he was a jeweller and bought it off a punter a while back, he thought it was 1959-1960 and I told him he was wrong, I said it was a 105:003 Ed White, probably a -65 dating to 1966/67.

I told him to whip the caseback off if he had the tools and check the reference and the serial number. We also differed on price, I said £10k+, he thought £7k so I offered him £7k there and then, but he wouldnt sell.

Nice watch though, correct dial, hands, don insert, bracelet - I tried it on and took the photo. Only went to the bar to buy a few pints.
    Very nice. Not sure if I would wear a £10k watch to the pub though!

Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    How many of them were made?
    I think it is more a question of how many have survived. The metal bezel on the 2915 is £10k+ on its own.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 26th October 2017 at 21:16.