closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone else having problems viewing Imgur links?

Anyone else having problems viewing Imgur links?

I’ve noticed that I’’m not seeing a lot of images that are being posted on the site (on my iPhone/iPad). I’m simply seeing small placeholder squares. It appears to be only images that have been uploaded via imgur.

Has anyone else had this problem and then found a solution?

Thanks.

Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED. Vodafone broadband settings are blocking the imgur links.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 21st October 2017 at 08:37.

I'm not seeing anything at all but am mostly logging on from Macs using Firefox or Chrome. Maybe try a different browser?
    "A man of little significance"

Edit: Just bumping this as I’ve changed the original post after realising my problem is with Imgur images.

I just checked my car crash of a Pogue sales post, which I populated with resized images from my Imgur account.

I can see them fine; whether that is because they are from my own account I don't know, but feel free to check out my sales post to see if they are visible to you:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-ish-withdrawn

Thanks for that. Having checked your post this is all I see instead of images...

This is happening with all images that are uploaded via Imgur and on both my iPhone and iPad. Very strange indeed.

Have you tried clearing all the browser histories and refreshing the page? I use imgur and no one seems to have a problem viewing mine.

Also, try logging out and back in. Could just be a minor bug. I sometimes get the blank squares with other people's posts, but very rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Have you tried clearing all the browser histories and refreshing the page? I use imgur and no one seems to have a problem viewing mine.

Also, try logging out and back in. Could just be a minor bug. I sometimes get the blank squares with other people's posts, but very rarely.
    I’ve tried clearing history and logging out. Still have the issue. I’ve also tried using Chrome on my iPhone and still no joy. I’m wondering if a setting on my phone is blocking the images as it’s treating them as pop ups?

Master
    Not much help but I can see them on my iPad using Safari.

Ahaha, I’m getting somewhere. It’s an issue with my broadband. When I disconnect from my Vodafone router and use 4G the images appear.

Very strange. Parental controls perhaps? I’m going to have a look at my router settings.

Edit. Apparently it’s an issue with DNS settings. I’ve read the solution is to change my DNS from automatic to manual and then use Google’s DNS 8.8.8.8.

Would this affect security settings etc?
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 20th October 2017 at 22:57.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Edit. Apparently it’s an issue with DNS settings. I’ve read the solution is to change my DNS from automatic to manual and then use Google’s DNS 8.8.8.8.

Would this affect security settings etc?
    No, unless you are paranoid about Google logging all the websites you visit. It is claimed that this happens.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    Not much help but I can see them on my iPad using Safari.
    Also visible on my pad with Safari.