closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fires hit California again >>

Blog Entries

Fires hit California again >>

Sad news - some of my wife’s relatives affected in Napa - loads of damage - winearies gone up in smoke and 39+ killed known so far and 1000s of properties destroyed. It is Armageddon on Earth.

Oh look out UK - hurricane heading our way early next week. what the hell is happening?

Martyn.

Craftsman
    If this is a regular thing why don't they put fire breaks in and maintain them, that would limit where the fires can spread to.
    Last edited by BadgerUK; 16th October 2017 at 19:50.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    If this is a regular thing why don't they put fire breaks in and maintain them, that would limit where the fires can spread to.
    I don’t think their Forestry people have the manpower, meet new or legislative powers to do this except reactively, ie to put out a fire, not prevent it!
    They would need BIG funding commitments from the Government to achieve this.

Not saying it’s a bad deal, just explaining why it won’t work.

Rob

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    One of the articles I read said that the embers were being blown by 50mph winds. This had enabled them to jump a 6 lane highway that would normally have acted as a fire break.