closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: China town restaurant recommendations.

China town restaurant recommendations.

Wife and I are in London for the weekend. Went to the Soho brasserie branch of the Ivy tonight which was amazingly good.

Fancy a Chinese tomorrow, but they don’t seem to come up on Open Table or Booking apps.

Do we just walk into Chaintown and find a nice looking place or should we call up the best one and book?

Quite a few good ones. Just go to the one you fancy (after walking around the place) and the one which is full of Chinese (if you can get a table).
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Most restaurants open at 11:30am, I haven't eaten in Chinatown on a Saturday for a long time but if it is like a Sunday get there before 1pm or you will be waiting for a table. Most if not all are walk in's, the busiest days are Sunday's as lots of Chinese families and friends usually go to Chinatown to have dim sum.

There are lot's of restaurants to choose from regarding price and food type - dim sum (steamed food), roast meat (duck, belly pork, BBQ pork), regional cuisine (Peking, Shanghai, Sichuan) as some do everything and some just specialize in one or two.

For dim sum I can recommend Golden Phoenix (no service charge) on Gerrard Street and Joy King Lau Leicester Street (just off Lisle Street), for roast meat Little Four Seasons or Overseas on Gerrard Street or Young Cheng on Lisle Street.

If you are looking for a Michelin star restaurant then Hakkasan on Hanway Place (just off Tottenham Court Road) or Yauatcha on Broadwick Street.
    These two will probably need a reservation booking.

Or check out the recommendations from Time Out

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Wife and I are in London for the weekend. Went to the Soho brasserie branch of the Ivy tonight which was amazingly good.

Fancy a Chinese tomorrow, but they don’t seem to come up on Open Table or Booking apps.

Do we just walk into Chaintown and find a nice looking place or should we call up the best one and book?
    If you insist on China town itself....Dumpling Legend not bad

Alt choice would be Royal China in Queensway, and I think theres one still on Baker St, and canary wharf

Simon

I know that this is not Chinese restaurant, but if you consider also Korean cuisine, I suggest Assa restaurant which is not far away from China town.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...n_England.html

We were looking for a place to have dinner and found this one. I don't think they take reservations, but line moved quite quick. Inside was a big bright room with loud music and even louder Koreans. I think we were the only ones that did not speak Korean. Most importantly - food was great.

Banned
    Plum Valley in Chinatown is probably the most ‘posh’, otherwise, they’re all pretty good - Golden Phoenix as mentioned. Or you could treat the wife (but make the call soon) to Pan Asian of Novikov, Nobu, or Sexy Fish.

Thank you for all the tips! Very helpful. We did walk about and grabbed a great meal in a walk in. 15 min wait which was fine. Absolutely no idea which one it was as we had already had a few drinks!

Lovely food and a great atmosphere.

We will go back!

I hadn’t thought they’d all be walk in, but now I realise why none of them are on the booking apps.

Cheers.

Master
    I always go to New World for lunch. I like the dim sum they offer and it's all pushed round on carts that you just flag down if you want to see what they have.

Master
    The legendary Wong Kei's. Though sadly it has cleaned its act up now 😀