timefactors watches
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 59

Thread: Schiphol today (Rolex content)

  1. #1
    Master Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Teesside/Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,674

    Schiphol today (Rolex content)

    Bit of a Rolex fest today - BLNR, Sub date, DSSD all in the case at Gassan.

  2. #2
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg & Berlin
    Posts
    10,179
    3, 2, 1, ... ACTION!

  3. #3
    Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    8,339
    Have you bought the BLNR yet?

  4. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    182
    Not a bad line up. Get them bought :-)

  5. #5
    Master Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Teesside/Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Have you bought the BLNR yet?
    No. I don't want one myself and knowing my luck Goldsmiths will be overflowing with them next week if I buy it.

  6. #6
    Thats alright... sell it to WF today ;)

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    292
    Most definitely gone by now!

    Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Master Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Teesside/Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,674
    They have a few ETA Black Bays in as well.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    1,910
    What's the price of the BLNR?

    Just wonder with the change in £/euro whether it's still a good deal.

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    not dan saf
    Posts
    1,648
    Blog Entries
    2
    form an orderly queue. no hands in pockets or slouching at the rear

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    422
    Not when I was there this morning!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    422
    She did tell me about the White 116500, SD50 and SkyDweller they'd had this week too


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  13. #13
    Craftsman Arcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotAbroad View Post
    She did tell me about the White 116500, SD50 and SkyDweller they'd had this week too


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I wonder if they even made the display cabinet?

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,250
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    I wonder if they even made the display cabinet?

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Nearly worth doing a Tom Hanks and sleeping there for a month

  15. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotAbroad View Post
    She did tell me about the White 116500, SD50 and SkyDweller they'd had this week too


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

    I think they just say that to amuse themselves when they see the look on people's faces.

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    422
    Well if that's the case she's a good actress. The White Daytona made the display case, the buyer was so surprised he asked if it was actually for sale. She said their consignments are sent from Rolex so a lucky dip for buyers


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,298
    I've stood in front of a few of the staff at Gassan and most of the time they just look bored rigid, so nothing would surprise me.

  18. #18
    Gassan was fantastic value in 2015, before Rolex raised their European prices and when £1=€1.4.

    Useful as a source of watches, but even tax free the value is not there.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    122
    I was there at 5. No subs. Both gasman and the rolex shop has deeesea's. Only Rolex had explorer 2's (both colours). I think some GMT's were there but they aren't my bag so I didn't pay much attention. Gassan had a Pelagos LHD too, but no cheaper than UK prices. The explorer was around £400 cheaper than UK RRP.

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    1
    I’m back there next week, will keep an eye out for anyone interested.

  21. #21
    Craftsman willie_gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    798
    I am there Monday and fly out Tuesday, so will be interested to see what remains.....


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    1

    Schiphol today (Rolex content)

    I’m there again, they have

    Explorer €4958
    Airking €4710

    Explorer 2 and a milgauss

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I’m there again, they have

    Explorer €4958
    Airking €4710

    Explorer 2 and a milgauss
    How much is the exp2??

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    1
    Didn’t look, can have a mooch on Friday for you. They had black and white in

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    How much is the exp2??

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    That s dearer than UK😣

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

  26. #26
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    1
    I thought that was cheaper than uk? What is the UK rrp?

  27. #27
    Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    8,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I thought that was cheaper than uk? What is the UK rrp?
    £4800 and £4550

  28. #28
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    1

    Schiphol today (Rolex content)

    So a few hundred cheaper in Schiphol then even with the poor exchange rate.

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    How much is the exp2??

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    €6142 only the black face in stock.

  30. #30
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    53
    Would you happen to know how often does the Schipol Gassan restock on rolex? Is it monthly like most branches ?


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  31. #31
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    1
    No idea, my guess would be the same as any other dealers.

  32. #32
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    1
    No idea, my guess would be the same as any other dealers.

  33. #33
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    468


    First two tone SkyDwellers I have seen in a cabinet.

  34. #34
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    422
    I saw the white dial SkyDweller in the cabinet in Doha a couple of weeks ago, and also in the AD in Perth (Oz). Seems to be one that sticks around.

  35. #35
    I enquiried at Rolex in Trafford yesterday, the guy said they have only had one SD43 in since its launch and on average get 4 subs a year! Also they have capped the waiting lists at 50 people. Maybe utter bull but it kinda ties up with what everyone else is saying.

  36. #36
    I’ve jut spent a few enjoyable minutes watching their Rolex watchmaker working in his workshop at the back of the store.

    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  37. #37
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Merseyside
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    I enquiried at Rolex in Trafford yesterday, the guy said they have only had one SD43 in since its launch and on average get 4 subs a year! Also they have capped the waiting lists at 50 people. Maybe utter bull but it kinda ties up with what everyone else is saying.
    Annoying thing is I bet of the 50 on each list at least half of them are just in it for the profit and not to actually keep and wear

  38. #38
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,250
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post


    First two tone SkyDwellers I have seen in a cabinet.
    wow - so bare lol

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    I enquiried at Rolex in Trafford yesterday, the guy said they have only had one SD43 in since its launch and on average get 4 subs a year! Also they have capped the waiting lists at 50 people. Maybe utter bull but it kinda ties up with what everyone else is saying.
    Sadly it's not bull. Rolex simply cannot keep up with the worlwide demand. As the company is owned by a private family and no shareholders, they have no desire to expand or increase capacity.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

  40. #40
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,424
    I was through Schipol yesterday and the saleswoman said they get SD43s fairly regularly but that they obviously go very quickly with their discount.
    Im not sure what she is classing as fairly regular though.

  41. #41
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Leics/Notts border
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    Annoying thing is I bet of the 50 on each list at least half of them are just in it for the profit and not to actually keep and wear
    Thats a fact.
    I asked at Gold Smiths in Leicester about LV Sub got told 18 months, for a laugh I asked about black faced ceramic Daytona.
    Would you like to hazzard a guess at how many YEARS!

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    wow - so bare lol
    Even barer today, plus a far-eastern family were doing some hard-core buying:

    "Just the one of this model, Sir?"

    "No, I take two of them."

    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  43. #43
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,250
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Even barer today, plus a far-eastern family were doing some hard-core buying:

    "Just the one of this model, Sir?"

    "No, I take two of them."

    R
    Not enough to unlock the Daytona in the safe then haha?

  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I was through Schipol yesterday and the saleswoman said they get SD43s fairly regularly but that they obviously go very quickly with their discount.
    Im not sure what she is classing as fairly regular though.
    That sort of ties in with what I was told in Paris CDG a couple of weeks back. The guy there claims they get ‘a few’ each month. Indeed he showed me one, I tried it on, wanted to buy it there and then and he said unless I buy another ‘less desirable’ model he wouldnt sell me the SD43. Personally I think this is a shocking tactic. He says its to stop the profiteers, in so much as any quick buck made from a sale of the SD43 would be negated by the spend on the other one he wanted me to buy. I tried to reason with him I wanted it to wear and keep, but he was having none of it. I eventually found one later on my holidays so not really bothered, but I will never buy from CDG now on principle.

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #45
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    That sort of ties in with what I was told in Paris CDG a couple of weeks back. The guy there claims they get ‘a few’ each month. Indeed he showed me one, I tried it on, wanted to buy it there and then and he said unless I buy another ‘less desirable’ model he wouldnt sell me the SD43. Personally I think this is a shocking tactic. He says its to stop the profiteers, in so much as any quick buck made from a sale of the SD43 would be negated by the spend on the other one he wanted me to buy. I tried to reason with him I wanted it to wear and keep, but he was having none of it. I eventually found one later on my holidays so not really bothered, but I will never buy from CDG now on principle.

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you recall the price? Thanks

  46. #46
    Worked out at £8200

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    That sort of ties in with what I was told in Paris CDG a couple of weeks back. The guy there claims they get ‘a few’ each month. Indeed he showed me one, I tried it on, wanted to buy it there and then and he said unless I buy another ‘less desirable’ model he wouldnt sell me the SD43. Personally I think this is a shocking tactic. He says its to stop the profiteers, in so much as any quick buck made from a sale of the SD43 would be negated by the spend on the other one he wanted me to buy. I tried to reason with him I wanted it to wear and keep, but he was having none of it. I eventually found one later on my holidays so not really bothered, but I will never buy from CDG now on principle.

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know the same thing happens over here, its ok as long as you want the other watch/jewellery

  48. #48

    Schiphol today (Rolex content)

    I can sort of see the logic in it. He suggested I buy a datejust for my partner, even though she was actually wearing one !!. I am not a millionaire and explained this to him, he just shrugged his shoulders and said its up to me. Its the folk who buy to flip for a quick profit, and of course Rolexes apparent policy of limiting certain models that have created this situation I guess.

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cinnabull; 7th December 2017 at 09:39.

  49. #49
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Thats a fact.
    I asked at Gold Smiths in Leicester about LV Sub got told 18 months, for a laugh I asked about black faced ceramic Daytona.
    Would you like to hazzard a guess at how many YEARS!
    Ten?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

  50. #50
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Worked out at £8200

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •