closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Speed master Apollo 45th anniversary

Omega Speed master Apollo 45th anniversary

Whilst walking past my omega ad last night, I saw the blue dial Apollo 45th anniversary. Having seen previous posts about rarity and desirability of other speedie Ltd editions, is this a lucky find? Or is this model less desirable in what is becoming a regular event of another limited speedmaster. I have to admit that it looks really beautiful.

Craftsman
    I am torn between two thought processes on Speed Masters. First one says, cool watch just buy it, the other says that this is just another supposedly ‘limited’ edition possibly just to commemorate the first time someone used a space toilet or similar. That sort of kills the coolness factor for me.

Master
    I have no idea but a couple of months ago when I asked about a different watch, a salesman at Heathrow T5 presented the Apollo 45th instead and tried to convince me this was a great investment. Apparently he only had one because a customer ordered/reserved it but had been having difficulty collecting it. He said I could have it and was surprised when I passed because I wasn’t sure about it after trying it on.

A quick search on chrono24 showed a lot of these and despite the fact I like the look, it seems a lot of money for a watch where supply outstrips demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Whilst walking past my omega ad last night, I saw the blue dial Apollo 45th anniversary. Having seen previous posts about rarity and desirability of other speedie Ltd editions, is this a lucky find? Or is this model less desirable in what is becoming a regular event of another limited speedmaster. I have to admit that it looks really beautiful.
    I was tempted to buy one but in the end never bothered. There less than 2000 pieces and it is nice but I feel Omega in the last year made too many Limited edition pieces which bar the Speedy master Tuesday all of them still floating round in ADs if you shop about.
    Speedmaster, seamaster, railmaster, and it's the price too 5k ouch

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    A personal opinion, but barring a couple of exceptions such as the Snoopy, it seems LE from Omega are struggling under the new pricing regime and sheer numbers being issued. Even the Speedmaster 57 60th which was predicted to be a sellout is far more obtainable than anyone thought it would be given the evidence that numbers of them that are appearing on this and other forums at retail price

£5000-£5500 is simply too much for the build quality you're buying in many cases (my opinion). I thought that the Speedy Tuesday at £4100 was on the limit in that respect in comparison to the standard Moonwatch at £3300.

I bought the Speedmaster 57 60th online but sent it back - it was very nice but not worth the money imo. At £1500 cheaper I'd have sold my Moonwatch and kept it for it but not at that price.
    Last edited by Scepticalist; 5th March 2018 at 10:32.

Craftsman

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Danpd View Post
    I am torn between two thought processes on Speed Masters. First one says, cool watch just buy it, the other says that this is just another supposedly ‘limited’ edition possibly just to commemorate the first time someone used a space toilet or similar. That sort of kills the coolness factor for me.

Every time another LE comes out the “coolness factor” certainly drops another notch but it does make you appreciate the basic moonwatch even more. Great value for money with a decent build quality and superb history, everything you could want from a watch.

Unfortunately Omega just cannot stop itself from going back to the well and draining more cash from it’s fans with the LE editions. As other members have stated, go to any dealer, eBay and chrono24 and you can find them all, languishing either with high mark ups that no one is willing to pay or just through lack of interest.

They should celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing next year and then stop with the LE editions, there is no were else to go with any credibility.

Master
    Blog Entries
    A nice 50th touch would be to simply produce a special case back and strap for every Speedmaster sold in that year. They won't do that of course. It'll be a limited edition which the ADs will deal out to their favoured customers.

OP:

Just buy the original Moonwatch. I've tried the Speedy Tuesday and the 60th LE and kept the original over both. It's a classic.