closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I Phone Question

I Phone Question

A family member has just upgraded from 5s to 7 and I fail to see any difference between the 7 and my 6s. The nav button doesn't click anymore and the camera looks different. I'm sure it will handle IOS 11 better but I haven't and won't upgrade from 10 anyway.
    Also I've noticed various WTB's for 6s lately.
    Has Apple got it wrong?

Master
    Haptic on my 7plus feels as good any other in terms of feedback. If you are just web briwsing ir sending emails then any half decent android phone will work fine (I have a couple as secondary phones) . However my main iphone 7plus completely outclasses them in every way . Its just so easy and nice to use . Android I always have to hunt around and search for non-intuitive ways of doing the same thing I can do on my iphone in a tenth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    A family member has just upgraded from 5s to 7 and I fail to see any difference between the 7 and my 6s. The nav button doesn't click anymore and the camera looks different. I'm sure it will handle IOS 11 better but I haven't and won't upgrade from 10 anyway.
    Has Apple got it wrong?
    The camera in the 7 is much better as well.

Has Apple got it wrong?
    No.

Master
    The 4s and 3g were with me for years.

I’ve got a moto g5 as a secondary phone and its a total piece of crap compared with even the 3g.

I think I’m done with android after a 3days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    No.
    Apple rarely get it wrong. Even when it seems wrong, eventually it makes sense.

Even the headphone thing on new models will probably be normal soon.

I have the 7, but bought my daughter an 8 when she lost her 6S. I can’t see any real world difference between 6S and 8 for day to day use.
    It's just a matter of time...

I am back on my 4s as I just sold my 6s on here, just waiting till the 15th to see what I am offered as an upgrade to the 8plus as I fancy the better camera and larger screen

I have just gone from a 6 to an 8 only really as someone needed the 6 and whilst phone calls seem better, battery life is improved and the button a bit frustrating I see it as a small upgrade too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Has Apple got it wrong?
    Why won’t you upload IOS 11?

Is is there a problem with this release, it’s fine on my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post

I'm happy with how it runs atm and I keep hearing horror stories of lower battery life and unwanted changes. I wouldn't mind if someone convinced me otherwise however.
    Last edited by Harry Smith; 14th October 2017 at 10:58. Reason: spellig

Master
    I'm happy with how it runs atm and I keep hearing horror stories of lower battery life and unwanted changes. I wouldn't mind if someone convinced me otherwise however.
    Its very buggy . I’ve never had any issues with IOS before but this release has all sorts if weird bugs and lock ups on an iphone 7plus.

Running iOS 11 on a 5’s and it’s flawless. A few sequence changes to get used too, but not buggy at all

I have a 7 and it works fine on iOS 11. I don’t think Apple really gets its phones ‘wrong’ but I was in a John Lewis today and had a play with an iPhone 8 and apart from minor design changes (which make no odds to me as I always keep my phone in a case) it appeared identical in function, in fact I couldn’t see anything different ‘in real life’ at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from a six to an 8 plus as I didn't see any worthwile benefit in getting the 7. I would have held out for the ten but the battery was shot on the the six and for the first time ever, I droppped it and smashed the screen. It slipped ouit of my hand as I was transferring some money to our daughter... for a new phone lol.

I don't like the new non click home button and have it set on level three to give me the most feedback. When I downloaded IOS 11 it was buggy as f*** but 11.2 is absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I went from a six to an 8 plus as I didn't see any worthwile benefit in getting the 7. I would have held out for the ten but the battery was shot on the the six and for the first time ever, I droppped it and smashed the screen. It slipped ouit of my hand as I was transferring some money to our daughter... for a new phone lol.

I don't like the new non click home button and have it set on level three to give me the most feedback. When I downloaded IOS 11 it was buggy as f*** but 11.2 is absolutely fine.
    How are you finding holding and putting the plus in your pocket, I am itching to hit the buy button after selling my 6s but worrying about the size, but want the better camera

^ I bought the 7 plus when it came out but could not get used to the size or weight, luckily Apple have a great returns policy and I have been happy with the 7 since.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post

iOS 11 has knackered my 7+ and I regret upgrading to it. Currently on 11.0.3 and we’re only half way through October. What an embarrassment.

Best phone from Apple right now is the 7+. Great processor, more RAM than 7, the 8 is basically is a 7s even though the 7 is a 6s and the X is priced £100 less than an iMac. Ridiculous.

If the Pixel 2 XL had a 256GB option I would have bought that and sold my 7+. And this is from someone who has had a new iPhone every year since the 4S.

Apprentice
    I think the main difference is in the camera itself.

I upgraded from a 64gb 6 to a 128gb 7+ a couple of weeks ago. It came with IOS 11 installed which works flawlessly. The battery life is massively better, even taking into account new 7+ vs 2.5yr old 6, I get 2 days out of a charge. One of the reasons I got the 7+ over the 7 was the 3gb of RAM, up from 2gb on the 7 and 1gb on the 6, the 7+ flies along. The camera was certainly good on the 6, but it's obviously better on the 7+. Smallish hands? For most use the 7+ isn't a problem, but if you need to type a text or mail one handed then a long press on the Emoji button and you can reduce the keyboard width in either direction. My only reservation before upgrading was predictably the increase in size, but after many a session comparing this phone to Samsung's offerings before deciding that Android still isn't for me, I found it sat OK in the pockets of my clothing where I carry a phone. There was also the issue of the disappearing headphone socket, in practice I keep the supplied adapter in the case with my RHA 750i headphones so a non-problem really. RHA do a couple of bluetooth models now so I may go that route in the future.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robti View Post
    How are you finding holding and putting the plus in your pocket, I am itching to hit the buy button after selling my 6s but worrying about the size, but want the better camera
    I have no problems with the 7plus. I have it in a griffin survivor toughcase which makes it bigger but it still fits in a standard trouser pocket.

I can use it one handed for browsing. Typing I use two hands . I don’t thumb type like a kid so even with a smaller phone I would still use two hands.

Battery life is excellent. IOS 11 has introduced a bunch of bugs. I probably need to do a clean install to get it working.

Loyalty, that's nice.

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.