closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Un-dated warranty cards & papers - protocol

Master
    Blog Entries

Un-dated warranty cards & papers - protocol

I just wondered what the protocol is for undated warranty cards and papers?
    Would you tend to leave them incomplete untill later to extend the warranty or fill them in straight away?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    Would you tend to leave them incomplete untill later to extend the warranty or fill them in straight away?
    It depends. Rolex isn't stupid. They aren't going to warranty an F serial 16610LV regardless of what the papers say.

If they are stamped by the supplying dealer you will be ok with leaving it a bit. If they are however blank and not dealer stamped, I doubt very much if the warranty will be honoured.

There are a few watch suppliers in the US like Jomashop and Ashford, both of which sell new grey watches and supply their own warranty as the deal with them buying them from the manufacturers at a lower price means they do not come with the standard manufacturers warranty.

Master
    Bought a lot of Rolex, Omegas and others and the one thing that is standard is that AD's won't leave the date blank, whereas most will leave the name blank on request.

Master
    Watchshop.com never fill them in either.

maseman

Craftsman
    As others have said, if it's stamped then you have some lee-way to wait a bit, but if they're not stamped I would get them stamped ASAP, otherwise I don't think they're valid.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, they are Tudor papers, dealer stamped but undated.

If you buy a Rolex or Tudor from Upchurch Jewellers in Colchester, they'll backdate the warranty for you

im sure new ones a swiped the day you leave a ad and the warranty is activated regardless

Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    im sure new ones a swiped the day you leave a ad and the warranty is activated regardless
    I thought the new process was that the buyer was registered with Role on the day of purchase - but it may just be a certain number of sales. I'm fairly sure that on the last new Rolex I bought full details were photo'd/scanned and sent to Rolex (including the completed warranty card).
    It's just a matter of time...

When I took my Explorer into the RSC for regulation shortly after buying it, I didn't have to show the warranty card. Now, it was a model that was released in 2016 so obviously it was still within warranty, but looking up my name on Rolex's database brought up the details of where, and I suppose when, it was purchased. So for newer models, it seems like the warranty card may not be what's important when it comes to establishing when the warranty begins.

The warranty card is registered at the time of purchase by swiping through the store credit card machine.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    The warranty card is registered at the time of purchase by swiping through the store credit card machine.

This.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies.

Alas, I was not present at the AD as it was sourced for me by a grey market agent so although I assume it was swiped, I cannot be sure.
    The AD is in Spain so it won't be easy to ask them.

Do you think I will get any info if I call Rolex St James tomorrow? Uncertain how to explain where I aquired it from without mentioning the grey market aspect.

Thanks for the replies.

Alas, I was not present at the AD as it was sourced for me by a grey market agent so although I assume it was swiped, I cannot be sure.
    The AD is in Spain so it won't be easy to ask them.

Do you think I will get any info if I call Rolex St James tomorrow? Uncertain how to explain where I aquired it from without mentioning the grey market aspect.
    It could have been a present.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    If you buy a Rolex or Tudor from Upchurch Jewellers in Colchester, they'll backdate the warranty for you

Not any more ... http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/l...fter_60_years/

"we learnt from September 2016, Rolex was going to close its account with us and gave a year's notice."

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Not any more ... http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/l...fter_60_years/

"we learnt from September 2016, Rolex was going to close its account with us and gave a year's notice."
    They're actually closing down completely and the sale starts Saturday according to an email I received today.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just to update....

my concern is whether or not the warranty has been activated, a call to Rolex St James and alas they were were unable to confirm this as only Rolex Spain would know.

Having expressed my concern to the grey market dealer regarding the undated papers, thy have volunteered to have a courier collect the warranty card, send it to the AD in Spain and the AD will then confirm it has been activated and will date it accordingly before returning it to me.