closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ross Povey in "Educating Manchester" on Channel 4

Master

Ross Povey in "Educating Manchester" on Channel 4

Many here will be familiar with Ross Povey, especially if fans of Tudor watches.

You may currently see him in "Educating Manchester" --- and one cannot but admire the job he does.

The Times describes him as “a stylish, substantial, confident man with a russet beard, the owner of both a cravat and a smoking jacket. Out of hours, he is an internationally respected expert on watches...”

Typical tz-uk member!

Nice man. I thought members might like the heads-up.

H

I didn't even realise! I watched it the other night and Ross does a great job, must be incredibly rewarding and frustrating in equal measure!

For those like me who don't watch much television, own a Tudor or subscribe to the Times, here's a short background piece - https://www.revolution.watch/a-lesso...or-ross-povey/

I leave it to the more knowledgeable to comment on how accurately it describes the subject.

I’ve met him, surely this makes me famous too?
    Lovely chap, great beard.

I heard the name on last week's programme and wondered if it was that same person.

Clearly education is in his blood. Respect.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Typical tz-uk member!
    Well, it's probably how most of us see ourselves, not sure about the rest of the world though! I've dealt with Ross on a number of occasions and he's definitely all those things. Top man, and I'm sorry I don't get Channel 4 over here in the Netherlands.

Craftsman
    Very interesting read Haywood - thanks.

I did see this the other night, and wondered if it was the same chap.

As someone else has already remarked, an inspirational teacher, who is clearly passionate about things, from his school, the welfare and development of his charges, to his watches.

I wasn't aware that his 2 brothers also worked at the school - surely that must be unusual in itself. Fascinating to read a little of their career paths prior to joining the school.

Well done to them all, as well as all the other staff, and of course the pupils, on their dogged determination to fight against the odds to take the school to where it is now!

Nice post Haywood - I shall watch next week's with added enthusiasm!

Never seen the show but Ross is a good chap and it doesn't surprise me.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Just watched last weeks episode on 4 on demand. Excellent stuff - top work, Mr Povey :-)

Cheers

Foggy

Master
    I was at an awards dinner on Tuesday, and at our table from the programme was Jack and Rani (Jack won an award), both nice lads. Jacks mother was there as well and a staff member. As an aside, at another table was Eric Pickles, now he is a BIG lad!