closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Watch Company sales soar to £268 million in the UK 2016

Hybrid View

Rolex Watch Company sales soar to £268 million in the UK 2016

"Rolex Watch Company Limited has reported sales of £268 million in 2016, a 41% rise over 2015.

Operating profit for Rolex’s UK subsidiary rose by 13% to £22.5 million in 2016.

The Rolex Watch Company Limited accounts, published today at Companies House, give a rare glimpse into the finances of Rolex, which is owned by Hans Wilsdorf Foundation, a private family trust that never shares financial information.

Rolex Watch Company Limited has seen sales double in the UK over the past five years, while operating profits are up five-fold."

http://www.watchpro.com/breaking-new...-rocket-41-uk/
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Interesting info. Well the 41% increase is clearly not because the local population got richer and suddenly started buying Rolexes. But ar least now we have a factual evidence that UK is the cheapest place to buy Rolex new and a lot of people are buying here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app

Oh no I feel a 10% price increase coming soon...

& factual evidence that Rolex UK have not been deprived stock, or limiting sales!
    It's just a matter of time...

Apprentice
    If your paid in usd, eur, aud, etc... come to the uk and save 10-15% off all luxury goods this year!
    Also depending on where your from, claim all taxes back before you leave.

This might have something to do with uk sales.

All aboard the bling bus, standing room only!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardon View Post
    If your paid in usd, eur, aud, etc... come to the uk and save 10-15% off all luxury goods this year!
    Also depending on where your from, claim all taxes back before you leave.

This might have something to do with uk sales.
    you might just be right. welcome BTW. Have a happy Forum engagement!

Quote Originally Posted by dabear View Post
    Interesting info. Well the 41% increase is clearly not because the local population got richer and suddenly started buying Rolexes. But ar least now we have a factual evidence that UK is the cheapest place to buy Rolex new and a lot of people are buying here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Cheap credit?

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Cheap credit?
    Foreigners all coming here and buying all our Rolex's !

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Foreigners all coming here and buying all our Rolex's !
    Seriously? Would that not reuquire an element of luck - to turn up just as one was available?

Master
    As usual, much misinformed comment here.

The leap in profits actually derived from a massive increase in under-the-counter sales of stickers, acrylic boxes and swing-tags.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Seriously? Would that not reuquire an element of luck - to turn up just as one was available?
    Majority of the sales is definitely not from BLNR, DBlue, SD43, and Daytonas.

But yeah, this massive increase in sales is clearly due to the drop in pound. And foreigners taking advantage of it.

Craftsman
    Be interesting to see how these figures compare to the rest of Europe and the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Hell of an increase. Be good to see RoW sales figures to give some context

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

"Rolex Watch Company Limited has reported sales of £268 million in 2016, a 41% rise over 2015.

Operating profit for Rolex’s UK subsidiary rose by 13% to £22.5 million in 2016.

The Rolex Watch Company Limited accounts, published today at Companies House, give a rare glimpse into the finances of Rolex, which is owned by Hans Wilsdorf Foundation, a private family trust that never shares financial information.

Rolex Watch Company Limited has seen sales double in the UK over the past five years, while operating profits are up five-fold."

http://www.watchpro.com/breaking-new...-rocket-41-uk/
    That's a lot of mugs.

Rolex prices up, ooh lovely, more please.
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    That's a lot of mugs.

Do elaborate - you suggesting buyers of high end watches are mugs?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    It certainly reads that way.

Weird.... I bought an mint 2015 LVc on this very forum a couple of years ago for 5k......ive worn it happily and regularly in rotation with other nice watches. It's two years older, more used. I could get my 5k investment back in seconds on SC.......I don't feel like a mug....Rolex is your friend:D

Master
    Blog Entries
    Weakening of the pound post Brexit. Hardly rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Who said anything about high end watches?

Rolex board meeting...

How big an increase do you think we can get away with this year?

If they will pay thousands for a mass produced watch that cost 20p to make then they'll swallow at least a couple of hundred.

Let's make it five, Chris-in-the-UK will lap that up.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

Banned
    That's a lot of mugs.

Who let the poor into the thread?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    Who let the poor into the thread?
    I never wanted to think that was the reason behind Luddite's bitterness, but after reading his ongoing bile about Rolex I really think it is.
    shame really.

mike

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    I never wanted to think that was the reason behind Luddite's bitterness, but after reading his ongoing bile about Rolex I really think it is.
    shame really.

mike
    I actually admire Rolex, they have worked out a formula for shafting the general public and making them not only like it but adore them for it.?

FYI I actual own a Rolex Sub, bought before prices went insane, and a couple of Tudor watches.

I'm not short of a bob or two and could easily buy another, but I'm not the kind of person who views watches as investments.

I have many more watches than would be considered sensible by a non watch enthusiast, I haven't counted then recently but it must be around 120-150 and all of them are worn in rotation.

That includes my multi thousand pound ones.

Poor? I suppose I am compared to the guy who lives in Harrogate. (wrings flat cap in both hands)

Blog Entries
    I actually admire Rolex, they have worked out a formula for shafting the general public and making them not only like it but adore them for it.?

FYI I actual own a Rolex Sub, bought before prices went insane, and a couple of Tudor watches.

I'm not short of a bob or two and could easily buy another, but I'm not the kind of person who views watches as investments.

I have many more watches than would be considered sensible by a non watch enthusiast, I haven't counted then recently but it must be around 120-150 and all of them are worn in rotation.

That includes my multi thousand pound ones.

Poor? I suppose I am compared to the guy who lives in Harrogate. (wrings flat cap in both hands)
    If you really dislike Rolex that much why would you buy one?

Your impression is correct, however I have been collecting for quite some time.
    I'm quite eclectic in my taste and number a few Bulova watches in my collection, the majority from when they were made in Switzerland.
    Unfortunately that brand has gone in the opposite direction and though they are of equal quality to Omega the perceived value is diminished.

Sent using my finger and the TZ-UK app

Strange question but I thought that UK businesses with a turnover in excess of £36 million had to publish a Modern Slavery statement on their website.
    I was interested to see the Rolex one - has anyone seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk