closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My credit card has been hacked!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Indeed. This is a substantive reason to use credit cards that goes over and above mere convenience.

Nevertheless, cash is king. I prefer to use it wherever possible where I don't need Section 75 protection.
    can you still claim under section 75 once the balance has been cleared on the card ?

i have tried to find the answer to that question before but never found an answer.

Had the same recently. Very careful with my card, always on my person, used at 'respected' online sites only etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

5 payments in rapid succession to giffgaff for £25 each and Barclaycard were straight onto it. Card cancelled new one delivered in a couple of days and all fraudulent payments refunded.

Would have been a pain to unravel with a debit card I suspect. That is why I use a credit card. Not the points but the security.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Timely thread this. My c/c card/account was fraudulently used a couple of days after I used the card to book a hotel. I thought something was up at the time but as I purchased the hotel via a link through Trivago I thought I was worrying about nothing. Two days later some tw@t used my card to book something from airbnb. The credit card company were okay about it and I have logged in today to find the fraudulent transaction gone. Obviously I now have no credit card which isn't ideal as I'm abroad but I suppose it means I'll spend less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestarp View Post
    can you still claim under section 75 once the balance has been cleared on the card ?

i have tried to find the answer to that question before but never found an answer.
    I suspect that no-one has asked the question before. You can still claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I suspect that no-one has asked the question before. You can still claim.
    many thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestarp View Post
    Yes, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Yes, absolutely.
    ta muchly

Master
    Update! All losses now refunded. However as part of the fraud a chunk of money exceeding 1K was credited to the account too which is still showing 2 weeks later. This could be good news if the company is only concerned with crediting losses......