closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Milgauss Z Blue

Apprentice

Milgauss Z Blue

Have the opportunity to add Z blue milgauss to my black gv and having tried it on was quite taken with it.

Does the Z bring something new to the milgauss or just a shiny dial.

D.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidalexander1968 View Post
    Have the opportunity to add Z blue milgauss to my black gv and having tried it on was quite taken with it.

Does the Z bring something new to the milgauss or just a shiny dial.

D.
    I don't like the colour at all and it's obviously widely spurned. It's one of the few steel models you regularly see in ADs.

If stick with your black GV and get something different.

I really don’t like the colours, but it will probably one of the most collectible, and expensive, models in 50 years
    It's just a matter of time...

The blue changes colour and hue in each lighting situation. It's a remarkable watch and all the more appealing (to me) that it's relatively unpopular.

I've only ever seen one "in the wild" on the wrist of a very well dressed lady in the seat in front of me in the royal opera house. It was stunning and I had to have one.

It is a Marmite watch. I bought one this week, having been concerned it would be too flashy (just as I regretted buying a Monaco), but love it. I think the blue dial is complemented by the GV.

My only concern was having seen how the power reserve of many Rolex are increasing to 70 hours, I've probably bought this too soon, but I love the quirky side to it and the bezel doesn't have massive numerals so wanted to indulge.

Master
    I've had every version of the Milgauss and the blue is my favourite. If you're going to have a lightening hand you may as well go the full hog. White and black are so vanilla (not that that is a bad thing if that is what you want) and the GV batons are a mess IMO and at times it's quite a dull colour. The Z pops!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I really don’t like the colours, but it will probably one of the most collectible, and expensive, models in 50 years
    Seems like a great reason to suffer it for 50years then whilst hoping you’ll still be alive.

Personally I like it though.

Master

Last edited by ASW1; 8th October 2017 at 22:10.

It looks better in the bottom two pics, but most times I've looked at this model the dial looked too light blue for my liking.

I always felt that they got the case shape on this model close to perfect.
    It's just a matter of time...

I have tried on all the Milgauss variants and the only one that I liked enough to buy was the Z Blue.

I think it looks a stunner and have been tempted on several occasions. The completely mad mix of the blue dial, orange lightning second hand and green crystal just work for me. I also like Rolex watches with the crown at the 12 o'clock position rather than a great big meaty white triangle, seems to give the dial a better balance and a smarter appearance.

I like it.

I like it. A lot.

If I was to go back a few years with what I now know, I think I'd be going for one of these rather than Sub, in this exact configuration.

Craftsman
    Just to chalk another up for the I love that column.

It's really very nice looking, and much nicer imo than the other versions I've seen.

Journeyman

Got one b/c I like Rolex and I think it’s the most fun watch they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Proper Engineers' Rolex (most salesmen wear Submariners and choose the date variant), they are quite heavy (massy) though. My favourite from the Rolex stable.

- - - Updated - - -

Proper Engineers' Rolex (most salesmen wear Submariners and choose the date variant), they are quite heavy (massy) though. My favourite from the Rolex stable.

Master
    Had the black dialled GV and loved it. Sold it and missed it. Bought the Z Blue a couple of years later and generally love blue dials, but for some reason couldn't get the same love back as the original. Maybe my tastes have changed in that time.

I still own the black GV Millie. Just amazing a watch.

I had the idea a while back of procuring the dial from a black non-GV and inserting it into my GV to produce an unique and classy watch (without the quirky hour markers from GV) + getting the Rolex day date president green watch leather strap to match the glacé verte.

I managed to get a green strap for it. Still waiting for the black dial...

Craftsman
    I really like them I m starting to like them more than the BLNR

Apprentice

Z Blue has arrived. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I like it. A lot.

If I was to go back a few years with what I now know, I think I'd be going for one of these rather than Sub, in this exact configuration.
    Thanks for the comments on this question i posted. The Z has arrived today and firstly a big thank you to Iconic for a quite superb px deal that we worked out.

Although i have the black dial GV, i thought the Z would add something a little different and it certainly has. Beautiful variants in the dial and stunning wrist presence with that flash of green. Although maybe not a super seller for Rolex compared to Sub, BLNR etc but one truly beautiful looking watch.

Have ended up with quite a late 60's style watch box with the two GV milgauss, the Omega re-edition MK11 Racing, Monaco vintage re-edition and daytona 6263

Journeyman
    Silly second hand! Cracker of a watch. Unfortunately it's a Christmas cracker!

Milgauss is my favourite Rolex and I'm a sucker for a blue dial (unless paired with chocolate bezel!), so I say Yes!

Not enough to own one myself though.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 13th October 2017 at 22:34.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Apprentice

christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mc View Post
    Silly second hand! Cracker of a watch. Unfortunately it's a Christmas cracker!
    So glad that Christmas came early this year!

D

Quote Originally Posted by davidalexander1968 View Post
    Thanks for the comments on this question i posted. The Z has arrived today and firstly a big thank you to Iconic for a quite superb px deal that we worked out.

Although i have the black dial GV, i thought the Z would add something a little different and it certainly has. Beautiful variants in the dial and stunning wrist presence with that flash of green. Although maybe not a super seller for Rolex compared to Sub, BLNR etc but one truly beautiful looking watch.

Have ended up with quite a late 60's style watch box with the two GV milgauss, the Omega re-edition MK11 Racing, Monaco vintage re-edition and daytona 6263
    Congratulations. Awesome watch. So glad I purchased mine. It looks like it complements your collection.

I was very close to buying one, but ended up with a Submariner LV instead. It was a close call. Although I was surprised that the bracelet on the Milgauss didn't fit my 8.5" wrist.

Journeyman
    Until the Z Blue was released I didn't really like any of the Milgauss models, the dial of the Z Blue makes it one of the most interesting models from Rolex. I particularly like the way the dial colour changes in different light and at different angles. Had mine a couple of years now, its still one of my favourites.

Milgauss Z Blue

Like!

My GV with a green strap...

Anybody know why the crystal is green? I found the following in the Rolex literature, but nothing as to the why...

"Green sapphire crystal green • sap • phire A unique watch crystal in green sapphire developed in 2007 by Rolex.Scratchproof, fade-proof and available exclusively on the Milgauss.Its light green shade, tinted throughout the entire crystal, turns nearly luminescent at the bevelled edges.The result of a secret process that required years of development to master and takes weeks to produce.Not patented, as it is so difficult to make that no one else would even venture to try.The Rolex Way."

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Anybody know why the crystal is green?
    I think it's pretty much one of those 'just because we can' exercises - plus the uniqueness.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Very interesting, thank you.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Yep, thanks for that.

Still... why? They normally give some sort of justification for stuff, eh?

Blog Entries
    Must admit I wasn't sure about the appeal of them but that blue dial looks great. Never tried one on so next visit will see if I can.

Apprentice

Cool

Love seeing others appreciate the Milguass as much as I appreciate mine!