closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bladerunner 2049 discuss (Thread may contain spoilers)

Grand Master
    I think 2049 doesn't look as futuristic as they explain that after the blackout and the move off world by most of the wealthy, the Earth hasn't seen much advancement, it also focused on areas outside the city this time, so we see the dead areas, with those areas more mad max than blade runner.

The 3 x mini youtube films that were done to fill between the original and 2049 do explain a little i think.

Blog Entries
    Too slow and too long ....

Bladrunner 2049 discuss (Thread may contain spoilers)

Well with little to do this evening I answered my own question in the end. Its a Microma PVD (the three button version on the right).

Well spotted.

The only one on eBay at the moment is rather pricey.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Mi...MAAOSwlBNZ35Kz

Bladrunner 2049 discuss (Thread may contain spoilers)

I saw that one. I read up a bit about these last night and apparently prices have always been quite high but have increased a lot since news of 2049 came out.

I went to a private screening (corporate jolly) of 2049 a couple of weeks ago and wore this, as a bit of nostalgia from when I saw the original back in the day. Amidst the Rolexes and Panerais I doubt anyone noticed. Made me feel good anyway

Im a big fan of original BR and was thinking that the sequel has very low chances of succeeding but I was so wrong about that!

Brilliant film, I wouldnt make it shorter by even a minute. After reading previous comments Ive got to see it in 3d as well

Exclamation

Would the OP please correct the typo in the title - it's really bugging me! Thanks. :)

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I've just watched the original Director's Cut again. It is still utterly utterly brilliant.
    Why does the original in 1982 still look and feel more futuristic than the new one.
    In part, because the vision of the future in the original film was revolutionary, very different to anything else at the time. It's influence has been seen ever since in film, tv, adverts etc.
    The sequel obviously has to inhabit a world derived from the one in the original film. The makers of this version didn't have the freedom to create another completely different vision.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    The makers of this version didn't have the freedom to create another completely different vision.
    No criticism of the fact that they didn't, but they were perfectly at liberty to create something as novel as the 1982 'world'. Villeneuve was no more constrained by the past than Scott was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    No criticism of the fact that they didn't, but they were perfectly at liberty to create something as novel as the 1982 'world'. Villeneuve was no more constrained by the past than Scott was.
    While understanding MCH's point, I agree with this. There could have been something more unexpected, 30 years on. I think something about the way the original was filmed, the optical effects etc. also made a difference.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    Would the OP please correct the typo in the title - it's really bugging me! Thanks. :)
    didnt even notice it lol, and done

Watched the 4k original on Sunday and then watched it on Imax - loved how they set up a generic Hollywood trope and then pulled the rug from under your feet.

Having watched the original aged 13 (I thought anything with Harrison Ford and sci-fi would be another Star Wars!) - in one of those independent soho cinemas - the original was always a favourite even though I think it works so much better on the big screen. Needs to be watched in a dark room with a decent sound system imho - anyhow, took my 16 year old son to see it earlier this week, having watched the original on blu ray the day before, and he was blown away by 2049. We had a good chat about it afterwards and realised he’ll be the same age I am now in 2049, which was a bit sobering! I loved the look of the film and the sound design even though I felt the story was needlessly simplified at certain points. Really immersive and the Joi character was very clever (and gorgeous) - if they build her into the iPhone 11 my wife may find herself surplus to requirements!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    ...and the Joi character was very clever (and gorgeous) - if they build her into the iPhone 11 my wife may find herself surplus to requirements!
    Wouldn't she have to 'merge' with your wife?
    If it's ever possible, I'd be interested to know how that conversation goes...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Wouldn't she have to 'merge' with your wife?
    If it's ever possible, I'd be interested to know how that conversation goes...
    I was discussing this very thing with a friend of mine yesterday. Obviously the downside would be having to involve a third party and I hardly think that her merging with my estranged wife would be a viable proposition, or indeed be in any way desirable. If the technology could be evolved to incorporate a 'hard' holographic projection with substance then that would be ideal. In the meantime I would be quite happy with the basic holographic model I think. At least you could ensure that the programme doesn't growl at you like a demented bear, berate you with a long list of your character faults etc - and you can simply turn it off, put it in you pocket and be off about your business as the mood takes you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    At least you could ensure that the programme doesn't growl at you like a demented bear, berate you with a long list of your character faults etc - and you can simply turn it off, put it in you pocket and be off about your business as the mood takes you.

Ah you know my ex-wife too.