closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SRP653 4R36 crystal clean

Master

SRP653 4R36 crystal clean

Had a bit of a fiddle this morning, a rare treat to have time and quiet to do something watch related.

I grabbed an SRP653 from SC a few days back, and I absolutely love it. Only thing that niggled is that it looked like the crystal had been wiped on the inside with a J-Cloth. Only noticeable in hard direct light, but of course once I noticed it, it was all I could see.

So I grabbed my case back opener, grabbed my selection of very tight fibre cloths, grabbed my dust pump, grabbed a few thin watch tools and proceeded.

After half an hour and a bit of twiddling, the crystal is ultra-clean, ultra-hand-cleaned. Lovely!

I wrestled with a couple of bits of dust for ten minutes (which amazed me as the pump really blasts a stream of air, only to realise that the SRP653 has a very slightly speckled finish, almost impossible to see without magnification. They were just slightly larger speckles! :0)

Anyhoo, super clean now and nice new seal.

Last edited by Filterlab; 7th October 2017 at 16:42.

Grand Master
    A piece of clean Rodico works wonders when getting dust off dials etc. Using the blower doesn`t always dislodge everything. I buy the premium grade Rodico, it's a bit dearer but it leaves no residue behind.....provided it's clean and not oil-contaminated!

Paul

Master
    Rodico, cheers for the info. I’ll grab one for my box.

Nice job, always satisfying to bring your watch up to its best.

Master
    Thanks!

Yep, nice to clear niggles and just enjoy. I have to say that despite its size and weight, the combination of a slim profile and the scallop case makes this a hugely comfortable piece. I bought it for its legibility and it surpasses all expectations - the lume being nothing short of incredible. I must get my SLR out of the loft and do some proper shots.

Good to see some more pictures. I admit it's a watch I wouldn't have looked twice at until I joined the forum. Recently I spent about half an hour in a shop in New York deciding which one I might buy :).

I can vouch for Rodico. I bought some after Paul recommended it previously. My top tip is to remember it even picks up the oils from your skin so handle it carefully or even use tweezers or something to hold it if you are dabbing it on a dial.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Good to see some more pictures. I admit it's a watch I wouldn't have looked twice at until I joined the forum. Recently I spent about half an hour in a shop in New York deciding which one I might buy :).
    Which did you choose? 😃

Journeyman
    Yep, Rodico is what you need. I got the Bergeon stuff.

Tidy job there. Can hardly see the glass!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    Yep, Rodico is what you need. I got the Bergeon stuff.
    I always use the premium quality, a little dearer but worth it IMO. Absolutely essential for jobs like this.

Paul