closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolex uk price rise again

Banned
    I would guess this is why the gray dealers have increased there offers on sports models recently.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    me, me, me, look at me, look at my car, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheripper View Post
    Point, point, point. Got to make a point. Pointing to the point you just made. Or the point you made previously. Jesus, just relax.
    You started it :-)

I am relaxed.

EDIT: Don't think quote is working so for clarity, this is in response to Chairman LMAO's previous post.

That sounds like you are accusing me of bigging myself up. Not sure how you've come to that? My involvement in this thread started out by my stating that I can't really afford a new Rolex BLNR just yet. If I have inadvertently begun to sound like I am bragging about my car (a pretty modest lease car by apparent forum standards) then I apologise. This was not my intention.

@ Chairman LMAO.

Exactly.

You started it :-)

I am relaxed.
    You started it.

EDIT: Don't think quote is working so for clarity, this is in response to Chairman LMAO's previous post.

That sounds like you are accusing me of bigging myself up. Not sure how you've come to that? My involvement in this thread started out by my stating that I can't really afford a new Rolex BLNR just yet. If I have inadvertently begun to sound like I am bragging about my car (a pretty modest lease car by apparent forum standards) then I apologise. This was not my intention.
    Just get a freaking tax deductible BLNR on lease or summit.

People forget, that it is perhaps Rolex pricing policy of the last 20-30yrs, that has elevated their product to the extent that they are now clamouring to buy?

Possibly the highest 2nd hand market for watches, in some cases outstripping inflation?

I don't think you can have "I want it to be the same price to buy as 2010, but - I want escalating future 2nd-hand values".

I hope they go up and up and up - my days of buying Rolex are over.

Al

Apprentice

Price rise

In regards to the speculation on the price rise and the affect on the Grey or pre-owned markets, i am never that convinced it makes any difference to these markets at all.

They all seem to adjust their prices upwards in relation to the %rise and will still always appear to get the Rolex Sports model unworn etc etc , whilst everyone else sits on the AD lists hoping to get a phone call one day. When the phone does ring, that sports model which you had saved up for when you put your name down has now jumped in price by maybe 2 or 3 price increases.

The UK might get more AD availability but we are all aware of how many of these seem to end up on the secondary market dealers window with the usual mark up.

D

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Been browsing Rolex watches again at ADs today, both said that price rise is coming in November. Sorry for those that find this subject dull.

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk
    Well there goes my dreams of owning one in the next year then... sigh..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Are you sure about this? It would be a highly unusual business practice and I doubt many of the smaller ADs would be in a position to stomach the risk.

A currency shock like the one-day appreciation of the CHF by 20% in 2015 would have wiped out their complete dealership.
    No, but I'm quite sure I've read on here that's it's the practice Rolex employs, written by people who do know. Now you're questioning it, I'm questioning my recall!

Anyone who does know, please confirm whether Rolex charges ADs in Swiss francs.

EDIT

I found this, it's probably what stuck in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Rolex sell their watches in CHF not GBP. Makes no difference to them how the pound is doing, only matters to the buyers.
    Last edited by sean; 7th October 2017 at 12:36.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Very good
    Would that not be the case that yours moved slower than everyone else's? The queue I mean 😀😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

From something I heard today I would put money on a rise on November 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    How much? 20 quid in favour of the fundraiser? I hold against it.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    No, but I'm quite sure I've read on here that's it's the practice Rolex employs, written by people who do know. Now you're questioning it, I'm questioning my recall!

Anyone who does know, please confirm whether Rolex charges ADs in Swiss francs.

EDIT

I found this, it's probably what stuck in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

They pay in £

The price Rolex UK pays will be determined by the CHF/GBP rate

^ Yes, but that is Rolex UK, a company of the Rolex group. So the risk of exchange rate fluctuations is within the Rolex organisation and not with the ADs.

Journeyman
    Until a few days before it actually happens very few people outside Rolex HQ have any real information about any forthcoming price rise.

How much? 20 quid in favour of the fundraiser? I hold against it.
    You going to put your money where your mouth is?

You going to put your money where your mouth is?
    Sorry just saw this, not too bothered either way but yeah course

In fact I hope you are right as I am boxing up my only Rolex (Sub) I sold on SC for (what I believe is) a reasonable price :)
    Last edited by Montybaber; 8th October 2017 at 12:27.

Sorry just saw this, not too bothered either way but yeah course

In fact I hope you are right as I am boxing up my only Rolex (Sub) I sold on SC for (what I believe is) a reasonable price :)
    Ok, 20 quid, 1st November. Money to TZ fundraiser. OK?

I'll play. If by 8th Nov a ND Sub isn't £5950 (within £50) I will stick £20 into fundraiser.

In the interests of transparency I do have a reliable source :)

Ok, 20 quid, 1st November. Money to TZ fundraiser. OK?
    Yep ok :)

Master
    Virtually every thread about Rolex price increase has been wrong ; they all come with claims about secret sources and all the rest. Ignore. No-one outside Rolex really knows.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Virtually every thread about Rolex price increase has been wrong ; they all come with claims about secret sources and all the rest. Ignore. No-one outside Rolex really knows.
    Make a charitable wager then - by your reasoning, you’ll not part with a penny.

Journeyman
    Correct.

It’s all a fugazi.

Apprentice

20%

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I hope it's a proper price increase(20%) and not a wimpy (5%) one.

Could you imagine a 20% increase, that would be food for thought on your next Rolex purchase.

If you were going to do an increase then i suppose a pre-christmas hike is good a time as any.

D

Master
    I was in the AD on old bond street a few months prior to the last one, they convinced me now was the time to buy because of the upcoming increase. They were spot on the money.

Even inside Rolex UK there are probably less than five people who would know in advance of, or be party to such discussions about an increase.

Until it happens, or until Richard De Leyser signs up and lets us know, it’s all conjecture and BS.

Apprentice

Increases but still the demand

The increases whenever they come always happen but it never seems to dent the demand for the brand either purchased from the AD or secondary markets.

In truth, probably to the detriment of many other quality brands.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Even inside Rolex UK there are probably less than five people who would know in advance of, or be party to such discussions about an increase.

Until it happens, or until Richard De Leyser signs up and lets us know, it’s all conjecture and BS.
    And Haywood obviously, I have my reasons to assume it will happen in November but of course it is very likely I will be proved wrong

Its a light hearted discussion and if the fundraiser makes a few quid what is the harm, I urge more people to join in the fun and give something back to the forum and help a few good causes

And Haywood obviously, I have my reasons to assume it will happen in November but of course it is very likely I will be proved wrong

Its a light hearted discussion and if the fundraiser makes a few quid what is the harm, I urge more people to join in the fun and give something back to the forum and help a few good causes
    He finds out when ADs find out and apart from making educated guesses - when various factors conspire together - he isn’t on whatever small committee there is that actually decides on and implements price increases.

I realise context is lost online or can be hard to gauge, so to clarify my previous post and what I’ve just written about HM aren’t meant in a snide way.

And yes, money in the fundraiser is great - and I’m glad you’re all having fun. I was more referring to all this “I have sources” BS. A local AD rep, local AD manager or even the guy on the front desk at St James doesn’t have a clue (until the bat signal goes out 48 hours before a price increase), and it’s laughable people cite them as sources.

But the problem is you can't buy now as there is no stock!

And there won't be any stock after a price increase judging by the lack of ss Rolex in all countries atm.

Where is Haywood ? Thought he would have commented on Rolex rise

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Jesus wept.............again.

mike

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    And there won't be any stock after a price increase judging by the lack of ss Rolex in all countries atm.

All countries?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'll play. If by 8th Nov a ND Sub isn't £5950 (within £50) I will stick £20 into fundraiser.

In the interests of transparency I do have a reliable source :)
    I think you’re absolutely spot on. £5,950.
    I also see BLNR at £7,150, SubC at £6,850 and LVC at £7,200.

Master
    But the problem is you can't buy now as there is no stock!

I could have walked out with the watch then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I think you’re absolutely spot on. £5,950.
    I also see BLNR at £7,150, SubC at £6,850 and LVC at £7,200.
    Just interested why not 10% across the board?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    I could have walked out with the watch then and there.
    What was the watch mate?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    All countries?
    I was in Holland last week, 2x AD’s said they are getting nothing SS Professional.

Master
    Just interested why not 10% across the board?

- - - Updated - - -

What was the watch mate?
    Explorer 2. Didn't buy it as was merely to check it out, didn't like the fat hands compared to the earlier model. Many seem to forget that rolex make more than just subs, blnr's and Daytona's.

Explorer 2. Didn't buy it as was merely to check it out, didn't like the fat hands compared to the earlier model. Many seem to forget that rolex make more than just subs, blnr's and Daytona's.
    Folk only buy the explorer 2s these days as cannot get the subs, gmt.s etc..

Master
    I was in an AD the other day (not one I usually deal with) and they casually said that their allocation of the SS models has been around 40% less than it used to be. They also said (when I asked their views on a price rise) that price rises were fine in the sports models as they can sell them easily but any rise could affect sales of everything else. . . . . .i guess most of their sales are ‘everything else’!

I can just see them going just under...just a feeling but I could be miles off.

Master
    Weirs in Dublin yesterday, Rolex AD, had YM and EXP2 in window, no other SS sport models.

Apprentice

Price ceiling

Is there a price point after increase, after increase that you just have to say I am out!

Or does the allure of having a Rolex on the wrist just make you find that extra ££ . When you see the secondary market prices for Blnr, Hulks etc, it must be close to the point were buyers just stop and just say, not paying that.

Not sure but i feel that prices are maybe getting beyond most buyers.

d.

Quote Originally Posted by davidalexander1968 View Post
    Is there a price point after increase, after increase that you just have to say I am out!

Or does the allure of having a Rolex on the wrist just make you find that extra ££ . When you see the secondary market prices for Blnr, Hulks etc, it must be close to the point were buyers just stop and just say, not paying that.

d.
    I’ve got to that stage in the past but the bug creeps back in lol.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Judging by the Ceramic Daytona prices I think Rolex still has wriggle room to raise prices and get away with it!! I think Omega may bottom out though if they keep trying to follow suit.

Interestingly it seems Rolex Sports models are even starting to dry up in the US judging by fellow posters over on the Rolex Forum.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Folk only buy the explorer 2s these days as cannot get the subs, gmt.s etc..

Quite possibly (although they don't seem to be buying them hence the stock) . I personally prefer the look of a vintage patinated Explorer 2 over my 16660 and 16800. I'll get one one day :)

Quote Originally Posted by davidalexander1968 View Post

d.
    This is exactly the game Rolex are playing. It's designed to push their brand even further upmarket and it won't stop - they don't want everyone to be able to afford one and they know if they push higher, there are still always going to be people out there with the cash. Get ready for the £10K steel sub.
    Last edited by jacktheripper; 8th October 2017 at 20:04.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Where is Haywood ? Thought he would have commented on Rolex rise...

Here I am, listening to my little birds.

No news reaches me yet from Kings Hill Landing.