closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedmaster 60th Anniversary LE - Heads Up

Speedmaster 60th Anniversary LE - Heads Up

Spotted this tonight:

https://www.vintagespeedmaster.com/p...anniversary-le

I have dealt with Darren before, top bloke. I suspect that he is selling it on commission for someone else, but he appears to have one.

I know people on here have an adversity to paying over the odds, but given the rarity of these I would act quick if interested.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 3rd October 2017 at 20:02.

Looks w**k. These will be the next CK2998 etc etc.

Master
    It's sadly turning into the runt of the litter....

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Spotted this tonight:

I have dealt with Darren before, top bloke. I suspect that he is selling it on commission for someone else, but he appears to have one.

I know people on here have an adversity to paying over the odds, but given the rarity of these I would act quick if interested.

Thx Ken

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Much nicer than the CK2998 and the ST.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

Is yours still on the way Ben?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Is yours still on the way Ben?
    Yep

Master
    Or you could save some money buying this.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...imited-Edition

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post

Lovely watch, but the Speedmaster was the tougher one to get hold of.

Blimey, I'm not sure what the RRP is on the Speedmaster, but the one advertised on your link is probably £2k over list. Maybe it is especially rare, being 42mm, i.e., one of one. The rest are 39mm.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Blimey, I'm not sure what the RRP is on the Speedmaster, but the one advertised on your link is probably £2k over list. Maybe it is especially rare, being 42mm, i.e., one of one. The rest are 39mm.
    Ah, that’ll be the point of the OP.

I think even Ryan has commented on how hard these are to get and we understand that in the US people were required to put 100% deposits down. I know a few on here have been very lucky and are on a promise, but given the ST madness, £2k over RRP if that is the case doesn't sound bad to me.

I wouldn't expect to see many of these at all on the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Ah, that’ll be the point of the OP.
    Ah, thank you for pointing that out Skyman. I have been around for a while, but didn't realise until just now, that each subsequent post on a thread should deviate from the point of the OP. I will desist from commenting from now on.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ah, thank you for pointing that out Skyman. I have been around for a while, but didn't realise until just now, that each subsequent post on a thread should deviate from the point of the OP. I will desist from commenting from now on.
    Excellent news.

Craftsman
    If I could nab one of these at list I think I would - be interesting to see how quickly this goes.

Appreciate the heads up post 🍺

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Looks w**k. These will be the next CK2998 etc etc.
    If only it said Rolex instead of Omega on the dial you and the boys would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Have you decided a price for yours when you list it on SC, about two days after arriving, like everything else that you buy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Much nicer than the CK2998 and the ST.
    I LOVE the CK2998, but it seems I'm in the vast minority. It's the only speedmaster I'd consider on par to my blue Gemini.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    If I could nab one of these at list I think I would - be interesting to see how quickly this goes.

Appreciate the heads up post 
    Its gone...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I LOVE the CK2998, but it seems I'm in the vast minority. It's the only speedmaster I'd consider on par to my blue Gemini.
    I must be in minority too as love my CK2998

Apprentice

Talking Blowers have one

[QUOTE=Wallasey Runner;4514411]Spotted this tonight:

I know people on here have an adversity to paying over the odds, but given the rarity of these I would act quick if interested.[/QUO

Quote Originally Posted by barn View Post
    Blowers have one
    Hello, don't bother using the "Title" box in posting - on the forum / tapatalk apps the contents of them don't get shown so nobody will using them will know what you're on about

Blowers have one
    Good first post, no they haven't, they have two CK2998s, but this thread is about the 60th anniversary limited edition, keep up.

Apprentice

Good first post, no they haven't, they have two CK2998s, but this thread is about the 60th anniversary limited edition, keep up.
    I've kept up fella who mentioned CK's???, I've bought quite a few pieces from Blowers and was told today that they will have a 60th Speedy in stock tomorrow, Lets see what tomorrow brings.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Hello, don't bother using the "Title" box in posting - on the forum / tapatalk apps the contents of them don't get shown so nobody will using them will know what you're on about
    Thanks for the advice

I've kept up fella who mentioned CK's???, I've bought quite a few pieces from Blowers and was told today that they will have a 60th Speedy in stock tomorrow, Lets see what tomorrow brings.....
    I hope you are right, you could have said that in the first place, I checked the website and there isn't one listed. I understand that Vintage Speedmaster might be getting a second one in if anyone is interested.

This is turning into Speedy Tuesday II - the revenge.

I hope you are right, you could have said that in the first place, I checked the website and there isn't one listed. I understand that Vintage Speedmaster might be getting a second one in if anyone is interested.

2 Actually

Apprentice

I'm not always right but seldom wrong, as below

https://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/...a-speedmaster/

Master

Terrible photos, do they want to sell it !!

Well done on being right, makes the one sold yesterday by VS look a much better deal. Anyone interested obviously needs to touch base with Darren for when he gets the next one in.

I really thought people would keep hold of these, but hay-ho, everyone's a tout these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post

Sorry - too late. I reckon it's a sleeper, actually.

Apprentice
    Well done on being right, makes the one sold yesterday by VS look a much better deal. Anyone interested obviously needs to touch base with Darren for when he gets the next one in.

I really thought people would keep hold of these, but hay-ho, everyone's a tout these days.
    I agree, although not really a big Omega fan, this is a very special watch and I am falling in love with it. I'm not sure how much the one was at the VS place was / is but the one at Blowers is £7950, there are a few on C24 but to be fair I wouldn't buy a watch from anywhere over the pond as you don't know who you are dealing with, especially when you see them in Turkey advertised with library pictures at low prices, like that watch will ever turn up!

Can't comment about the VS chap as I haven't had any dealings but to be honest and my opinion (not saying anyone else's) I went to their website a few minutes ago and the content wasn't showing and unless I'm wrong they don't have a shop window or premises?, hence I'd rather continue to transact with the guys at Blowers in Hull and pay a few quid more for a more secure transaction.

I like that speedy so much I am about to bail out of one of my collection, a BLNR which I have to say like many people now getting bored with Rolex.

Can't comment about the VS chap as I haven't had any dealings but to be honest and my opinion (not saying anyone else's) I went to their website a few minutes ago and the content wasn't showing and unless I'm wrong they don't have a shop window or premises?, hence I'd rather continue to transact with the guys at Blowers in Hull and pay a few quid more for a more secure transaction.
    https://www.vintagespeedmaster.com/pre-loved-watches

Two listed as incoming. I have dealt with Darren several times and he is a top bloke, I know others on here who have also dealt with him and he is a moderator on the Omega Forum. He works from home, but deal in complete confidence.

Are you on commission Ken ?

Honestly though, I really think the ST looks much better than this overly shiny and fake aged lume mess.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Are you on commission Ken ?
    No. Just that he is easy to deal with and his knowledge of all things Speedmaster is incredible. Barn said he couldn't see the listing and it is there, so I posted.

The killer for me is the arrow head hour hand. I appreciate that was what was on the original, but I have never been a fan of those type of hands.

Hello Chaps.

I thought I would do a small intro. My name is Darren and I run Vintage Speedmaster. I have been in to watches for 10 years now, what started as a hobby has progressed in to a business.

As Ken has suggested, I have dealt with him quite a bit in terms of transactions. Most of my pieces are sourced from all over the world or sold on consignment. I work from my mobile as to keep my overheads down, largely due to the town where I live being crazy to rent a little bricks and mortar store.

I have dealt with many people worldwide and I am known for being trustworthy on many counts. 99% of my clients pay me via bank transfer which to be able to have that trust with a first time client is hard to get and I pride myself on it. What I can say is rest assured you get what you buy, and if you consign and I sell the watch, you also get the cash that is yours, just minus my commission which is lower than eBay and PayPal.

As Ken has also mentioned I moderate the Omega Forums and I am known to many on there both personally and selling speedys.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. To keep this on topic, drop me an email HERE

Rgds

Darren - Vintage Speedmaster

My Instagram is @vintagespeedmaster
    Last edited by dlt222; 5th October 2017 at 22:28.

Apprentice
    https://www.vintagespeedmaster.com/pre-loved-watches

Two listed as incoming. I have dealt with Darren several times and he is a top bloke, I know others on here who have also dealt with him and he is a moderator on the Omega Forum. He works from home, but deal in complete confidence.
    Looks like the Blowers one lasted less than a day but I think the VS chap still has his

Apprentice

Speedmaster 60th at Ernest Jones

To anyone interested, Ernest jones got their full UK allocation a couple of days ago, 4x 60th anniversary speedies.

Have not yet checked this morning but they did have one left late yesterday afternoon if anyone is looking for a RRP speedmaster 60th.

D.

Apprentice

60th speedy, what a watch.

Thought that might be the case . Their is no doubt that these are going to sell out worldwide, although i am not sure about the railmaster or seamaster as i think that they could hang about a little longer in AD windows but the Speedmaster, beautiful re-edition.

The aged lume is barely noticeable on the speedy because of the slim indices as compared to the railmaster/seamaster and certainly works perfectly with the watch.

Absolutely stunning and you can understand why buyers are snapping these up.

D.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by davidalexander1968 View Post
    Thought that might be the case . Their is no doubt that these are going to sell out worldwide, although i am not sure about the railmaster or seamaster as i think that they could hang about a little longer in AD windows but the Speedmaster, beautiful re-edition.

The aged lume is barely noticeable on the speedy because of the slim indices as compared to the railmaster/seamaster and certainly works perfectly with the watch.

Absolutely stunning and you can understand why buyers are snapping these up.

D.
    It would be fair to say that any AD with an unsold speedy 60th wants the sack! I agree that although still nice the Railmaster will still be in the shop window at Christmas and I am sure if you made yourself busy you could get a seamaster300 within five calls but the reality is this speedy is the hot watch of the moment and the closer we get to Christmas the bigger the premium as the wife's of high net worth's try to get one.

Darren at VS still has one left, albeit at a premium, but be quick, it won't be there for long.

Apprentice

60th speedy.

Would have to agree with Wallasey, that when these do show up they will not be around for long, i think the one a Blowers proves that point.

Barn is right about this watch being probably the hot ticket in town right now and when they start to appear on the wrist, people will be searching to pick one up as it is really that good.

Not sure if comparable but even with the relevant mark ups over RRP, i think this 60th anniversary holds up very well against any Daytona if not better value for money.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by davidalexander1968 View Post
    Would have to agree with Wallasey, that when these do show up they will not be around for long, i think the one a Blowers proves that point.

Barn is right about this watch being probably the hot ticket in town right now and when they start to appear on the wrist, people will be searching to pick one up as it is really that good.

Not sure if comparable but even with the relevant mark ups over RRP, i think this 60th anniversary holds up very well against any Daytona if not better value for money.

D.
    To put a time scale on the ones I have...

First sold within 5 mins
    Second took 22 mins
    Third is on hold pending funds. (Didn't really see the market)

My Seamaster has also gone.

Most of my watches actually sell through Instagram as I have quite a lot of people who follow me knowing most pieces hit there first.

Apprentice

Supply and demand

Quote Originally Posted by dlt222 View Post

First sold within 5 mins
    Second took 22 mins

Most of my watches actually sell through Instagram as I have quite a lot of people who follow me knowing most pieces hit there first.
    Looks once again like the old adage of supply and demand. With only 3557. speedy 60th worldwide available, you can start to understand why buyers are trying to get hold of these sooner rather than later.

D.

Journeyman

First sold within 5 mins
    Second took 22 mins

Followed on instagram ! Perhaps a vintage grail piece will appear one day

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

What are the differences (aged lume aside) between this and the 3954.50? My dad has the 3594.50 and I got it for him a few years ago for about £1800. Do the 60ths command a premium due to rarity or because they're part of a trilogy?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    What are the differences (aged lume aside) between this and the 3954.50? My dad has the 3594.50 and I got it for him a few years ago for about £1800. Do the 60ths command a premium due to rarity or because they're part of a trilogy?
    Crown/pusher guards, and size off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    There are quite a few differences, that main one being the size difference. The 3594 is 42mm as opposed to 38.6mm for the 69th. Bracelet is all new on the 60th. They both use the same movement however, the robust 1861.

The 60th is commanding a premium because those who missed out on it are buying and obviously supply and demand is playing a part. Personally, I prefer the 3594.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    There are quite a few differences, that main one being the size difference. The 3594 is 42mm as opposed to 38.6mm for the 69th. Bracelet is all new on the 60th. They both use the same movement however, the robust 1861.

The 60th is commanding a premium because those who missed out on it are buying and obviously supply and demand is playing a part. Personally, I prefer the 3594.

All true but don't be deceived by the apparent difference in quoted measurement. The bezel, crystal and dial diameters on both watches are pretty much identical, it is the presence or lack of crown and pusher guards that leads to the difference in the stated diagonal diameter. In reality the main differences come down to natural vs faux aged S-L lume and the straight lug case design vs the crown guard version. The straight lug case has a slightly smaller and less convenient 19mm lug width too. For whatever reason, the 3594 never really took off, the similarity with the 60th may give it a bit of a bump in value but they are still available for not much more than the std Moonwatch in the used market.
    Last edited by Padders; 9th October 2017 at 11:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    All true but don't be deceived by the apparent difference in quoted measurement. The bezel, crystal and dial diameters on both watches are pretty much identical, it is the presence or lack of crown and pusher guards that leads to the difference in the stated diagonal diameter. In reality the main differences come down to natural vs faux aged S-L lume and the straight lug case design vs the crown guard version. The straight lug case has a slightly smaller and less convenient 19mm lug width too. For whatever reason, the 3594 never really took off, the similarity with the 60th may give it a bit of a bump in value but they are still available for not much more than the std Moonwatch in the used market.
    Thanks both. I really like the 3594 and don't think the differences would lead me to pay the premium for the 60th. I wonder how popular the 3594 would have been if it had aged lume and was linked to say the 50th anniversary?!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great on the leather!

Apprentice

Speedy 60th update

I have just heard that around 1443/5000 Omega AD's won't get a 60th speedy, hence not every retail outlet will see one, regardless of what the Omega rep has promised, the same rep that promised many a snoopy that didn't ever show!

The first and possibly only drop of speedy's (not railmaster or seamaster300) hit UK retailers at the very end of September, invoices landed week commencing Monday 25th September with goods landing later the very same week, it is alleged that circa 500 units were allocated in the UK and filtered between the big boys, i.e. Aurum holdings, and other select "if your face fits retailers". There are several UK AD's that have been promised but will not get a look in as it is very uncertain whether the UK will get a second wave of supply.

If you are one of the lucky ones where an overexcited AD has taken a deposit off you then a contractual obligation is in place, in the event that a speedy doesn't show then you are entitled to give the AD 7 days to get you one or you purchase one with a premium and pursue the AD for the difference, simple. If you haven't left a deposit then the chances of getting one are very remote, sorry. Hence there is an absolute justification of a premium.