closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entire Collection Stolen

Master
    I'm very sorry to read this Krispy.
    I had a similar experience many years ago.
    I was distraught at the theft of just one watch, and it was many years before I replaced it, so can only imagine what you're going through.
    I hope that at least some of your collection may be recovered eventually and hope that you can re-build it one day.

Grand Master
    terrible, and the emotional cost of burglary can be even worse, someone i know ended up moving because she couldn't feel secure in her home anymore.
    hope they catch them but in the meantime make sure you check craigslist, gumtree , cash converters locally et al, you'd be surprised how stupid thieves can be.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very sad to hear this.

Hope you manage to recover all your possessions. Best of luck

Master
    It's too bad about your loss I am sure the emotional part of having someone rummage through your house is a much worse feeling. Friends of ours had a break-in and lost of lot of valuable jewelry but the worse part was the feeling of invasion and the loss of security which they still feel today.

Hopefully you will have better days ahead.

All the best
    John

Sorry to hear about this.
    Let's hope the law catches up with the scroats who is this.

Awful thing to happen. I've never seen google alerts, could be useful in this situation.

Craftsman
    Really sorry to read this.

It might be worth Krispy or someone with the Google add on that can see the photos posting a list of all the models involved / sharing the photos again. Those of us who spend far too much time trawling the usual sites for watches can then keep an eye out.

So sorry to hear this. What a nightmare. Hope they get caught!

Absolutely gutted for you, scumbags doesn't even come close.

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear that. It’s inspired me to get decent pics of mine and check the insurance situation tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    It's too bad about your loss I am sure the emotional part of having someone rummage through your house is a much worse feeling. Friends of ours had a break-in and lost of lot of valuable jewelry but the worse part was the feeling of invasion and the loss of security which they still feel today.

Hopefully you will have better days ahead.

All the best
    John

I can echo those feelings, happened to me a few years ago, house was ransacked in broad daylight while I was at work, lost my collection and much else besides. To this day I leave the house wondering if it'll happen again. BTW the two men were caught soon after and initially admitted to 15 other break ins within the previous month. Until the day of the trial when they changed their plea to not guilty.. they walked! At the time I had bog standard house insurance bought online via Direct Line, which I didn't realise had a limit of £2500 per item, so even though there were no issues with the pay out (luckily I had kept receipts / docs), I lost out overall by over £10,000 on my watch collection.

Lesson learnt, and now other than the one I'm wearing all my watches are kept in a safe. When I see collections on here kept out on display in lovely watch boxes at home, I think to myself, I hope the owners don't lose their collections as I did.

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear about this.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Given the collection has quite a few unusual watches. Set up Google Alerts for new postings about them. The same for Ebay and Gumtree listings.
    What a brilliant suggestion.

Sorry, Krispy - gutted for you.

Makes me think I should get around to installing a camera in my house.

Don't mean to rub salt in, but were they in a safe?

was thinking of buying one.

Hope you get something back )-:

Master
    Gutted for you mate - must be an awful situation to find oneself in.
    I hope the sticky fingered pondlife get their comeuppance one day...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Merch131 View Post
    I can echo those feelings, happened to me a few years ago, house was ransacked in broad daylight while I was at work, lost my collection and much else besides. To this day I leave the house wondering if it'll happen again. BTW the two men were caught soon after and initially admitted to 15 other break ins within the previous month. Until the day of the trial when they changed their plea to not guilty.. they walked! At the time I had bog standard house insurance bought online via Direct Line, which I didn't realise had a limit of £2500 per item, so even though there were no issues with the pay out (luckily I had kept receipts / docs), I lost out overall by over £10,000 on my watch collection.

Lesson learnt, and now other than the one I'm wearing all my watches are kept in a safe. When I see collections on here kept out on display in lovely watch boxes at home, I think to myself, I hope the owners don't lose their collections as I did.
    how the hell did they get away with it!!

The mind boggles....

Journeyman
    gutted for you OP, my brother in law lost a hefty sum on watches too when he had his house broken into.....

Hope they catch and punish them!

Appalling ...so sorry you have had this happen to you...

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Really sorry to read that this has happened to you.

Sorry to read this.

As others have said, posting the pictures from a different hosting site might help us spot some of your obviously less common watches which may appear on the likes of eBay over the next few days.

Craftsman
    Really sorry to read this! Really makes my blood boil!!

Entire Collection Stolen

Hope your sharing of your collection on here had nothing to do with earmarking them as a target....goes without saying I hope they find them and you are not harmed. I have a list of all the serial numbers of my watches and have recently stopped leaving my watches out instead have a safe box for when I'm not wearing them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 5th October 2017 at 14:04.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wantasub View Post
    how the hell did they get away with it!!

The mind boggles....
    I don't know, but I suspect once they'd admitted to all the crimes, the police didn't bother to do much more, then on the day of the trial they changed their plea, and there wasn't enough evidence to convict. That said the CID officer later told me the two were well known to the police, they had numerous offences for theft to finance their drug habit. He assured me they weren't skilled thieves and they'd get a conviction sooner rather than later.

Really sorry to hear this Dave and hope that you're holding up okay everything considered. As others have said set up some alerts for eBay, Gumtree, Google,etc and keep an eye out in local jewellers/pawnbrokers.