closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Las Vegas shooter

As per their plan (link); "The National Rifle Association said Sunday it opposes any legislation to ban the use of "bump stocks" on semi-automatic weapons — even as it has said some regulation may be necessary." See link.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    It only takes one disgruntled person with access to firearms, plus of course military style stuff will cause many more casualties.

I have family and friends in the US and this is part and parcel of the right to bear arms.

The fact is that there are so many guns in the US now that if I lived there I would have one too.

The situation will never change, America loves its guns.

Given the same freedom to own weapons for normal civilians in the UK don't kid yourself it would be any different here.

We had gun massacres before they were banned.

Sorry to reply to this late, but I'm not sure Neil .. I remember Hungerford, and Dunblane of course. The guy in Cumbria a few years ago, quite some time after the firearms control legislation in the '90s, to be fair. But they seem to happen every couple of months in the US. There's something cultural about it, something in American society that provokes it. Probably the same root cause that sees them lock up a greater proportion of their population than any other Western democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    As per their plan (link); "The National Rifle Association said Sunday it opposes any legislation to ban the use of "bump stocks" on semi-automatic weapons — even as it has said some regulation may be necessary." See link.
    "Washington Ponders"...link.

What are the odds of anything happening...?

The NRA has far too much power to be healthy, interestingly enough, they donated thirty million dollars to Trumps presedential campaign..make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by D3ckard View Post
    The NRA has far too much power to be healthy, interestingly enough, they donated thirty million dollars to Trumps presedential campaign..make of that what you will.
    And coincidentally, his views on gun control changed dramatically at that very moment...

Incredible, eh?

M

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    You, I and many others know that its stuff like that which helps keeps the NRA stranglehold on US politics, there's always a conspiracy theory.
    Or is there????

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    And coincidentally, his views on gun control changed dramatically at that very moment...

Incredible, eh?

M
    I don't even know where to begin with that awful man? What is also incredible, is the ability the NRA has to quash any kind of analysis into the perceived problems. I read somewhere that given the shooting of children didn't warrant a law change, what real hope is there for change?

Very sobering.

Master
    Seems I may be the only one that thinks this could be another false flag to elecit exactly the responses given i.e. ban the public from owning guns,unless they are faked ,which clearly could be the case,there seems to be mounting evidence that there was at least 1 other shooter on floor 4 and may have also been snipers.

Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    Seems I may be the only one that thinks this could be another false flag to elecit exactly the responses given i.e. ban the public from owning guns,unless they are faked ,which clearly could be the case,there seems to be mounting evidence that there was at least 1 other shooter on floor 4 and may have also been snipers.
    Is any of this evidence delivered by the Police or just people wearing tin foil hats on the internet?

The sound of shooting, or the breaks to reload/swap weapons, doesn't really seem to support the idea of multiple shooters...

M.

Master

No, you're not the only one - there are delusional paranoiacs all over the world.

1 There is zero evidence that other shooters were involved. Obviously that doesn't stop paranoid people saying "yeah, but they would say that, wouldn't they?"

2 It defies belief that an anti-shooting organisation would murder 58 people and injure ten times that number in order to prove that killing is bad and that automatic weapons need to be better regulated.

3 When you say "another" false flag ..... can you give examples of the "another" you're thinking of?

If you choose to believe that it's all a left-wing conspiracy, and that this proves the world needs more guns rather than fewer, fair enough. But don't expect anyone even vaguely sane to support your viewpoint.

Master
    Is there any credible evidence to support the contrary view other than the BBC and CNN reports ?

Master
    Is there any credible evidence to support the contrary view other than the BBC and CNN reports ?
    Don’t go round in circles. You’re stating that there’s some sort of false flag operation, that there’s evidence of multiple shooters.

Just present your evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    But they seem to happen every couple of months in the US.
    More like couple of days...

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting

Ex-competition shooter here but glad we have controls in the UK, although don’t agree with all of them, uncontrolled doesn’t seem to be working either.

Whilst I understand the point that “now is not the time to discuss gun control” does prevent knee jerk reactions with daily incidents it seems there never will be a time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    More like couple of days...

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting

Ex-competition shooter here but glad we have controls in the UK, although don’t agree with all of them, uncontrolled doesn’t seem to be working either.

Whilst I understand the point that “now is not the time to discuss gun control” does prevent knee jerk reactions with daily incidents it seems there never will be a time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    "Now is not the time" is an obvious ploy, always has been. Nothing short of amazing how well this gets kicked into the long grass.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D3ckard View Post
    "Now is not the time" is an obvious ploy, always has been. Nothing short of amazing how well this gets kicked into the long grass.
    Depends on how you define it, but if you use the four-or-more-casualties (not including the shooter) which has been adopted by gunviolencearchive.org you'll see there have been 1516 mass shootings in 1735 days in the US - this is up until last week. Within that, there have been 1719 killed and 6510 injured.

In the UK for the same period the number is zero (I think - please correct if inaccurate). That doesn't mean that it's all sunshine and bubbles, just that we don't have mass shootings.

Now is the time. Now is always the time.

Craftsman