closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Viewing sales corner

Craftsman

Viewing sales corner

I'm sure it's been posted a thousand times before, so apologies for this but I've now reached over 50 posts, been a member for more than 60 days and yet I can't see a forum entitled "Sales Corner" Do I just wait for a moderator to give me access or do I need to do something?

Craftsman
    Update, logged out and back in again and now I can see the Icon. I'm in! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Culminator View Post
    We've been waiting with baited breath.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Lots of tempting goodies in there ;-)

You still need to PM the mods to confirm that your access is working.

Just make sure you familiarise yourself with the fundraiser - it's more important than sales corner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    You still need to PM the mods to confirm that your access is working.
    You monkey

Banned
    Glad you got it sorted today. Being a Sunday, members seem to post more than other days, usually after resting from the car boot sale they bought them earlier.

Master
    I remember my first visit to 'shoe corner' as if it was only yesterday, go on pull the trigger & wear those bad boys in good health.

Master
    Right, what can I sell you sir? Prepare for your wallet to never exist with the same weight as you previously knew it.

:0)

Craftsman
    I patiently waited to get access wondering what lie in wait .... boy was I in for a surprise with some of the "goods " for sale .... very diverse is the phrase I'd use

Craftsman
    I expected it to be better than it was to be honest. Plus a few posts in some of the ads were simply out of place causing the thread to be deleted by the OP or to simply fizzle out resulting in the OP not selling the item.

Not being able to post in the SC is a bit of a pain at first but nothing a few private messages can't sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by HEKTOR View Post
    I expected it to be better than it was to be honest. Plus a few posts in some of the ads were simply out of place causing the thread to be deleted by the OP or to simply fizzle out resulting in the OP not selling the item.

Not being able to post in the SC is a bit of a pain at first but nothing a few private messages can't sort out.
    You're a shining example of the spirit of the forum,

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    You're a shining example of the spirit of the forum,
    That's the aim ;-)

Craftsman
    There are indeed some nice time pieces in there and I've already been tempted! Missed a ceramic Daytona at a reasonable price by a few days but would have had that. Should have got my 50 post target completed sooner!

I'll be damned if I can see it! I've logged in and out numerous times. Not sure if it's cus I'm using the app maybe. Where I'm I supposed to be looking? The excitement is killing me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ogdensnut View Post
    I'll be damned if I can see it! I've logged in and out numerous times. Not sure if it's cus I'm using the app maybe. Where I'm I supposed to be looking? The excitement is killing me!!!

You won't see it, you need to be here more than 60 days and more than 50 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    You won't see it, you need to be here more than 60 days and more than 50 posts
    Whaaaaaaaat!? I thought it was either /or. Flipping heck- the wait goes on . Thanks for letting me know!

Whaaaaaaaat!? I thought it was either /or. Flipping heck- the wait goes on . Thanks for letting me know!

No problems, it's nothing special anyway, theres only so many Submariners under £4000 you can look at in one day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    No problems, it's nothing special anyway, theres only so many Submariners under £4000 you can look at in one day anyway.
    Oh, I don't want one of them. Lol
    Hoping to find a nice CWC diver. If I can't wait 60 days, my impulsivity might force me to buy a new one!

Master
    Missed a ceramic Daytona at a reasonable price by a few days but would have had that. Should have got my 50 post target completed sooner!
    I am the guy who sold that Ceramic; I'm afraid you probably wouldn't have 'had that' because you were just one out of many potential buyers. With SC the really tasty stuff goes before you can blink. I had ten firm offers in a few minutes. You have to be quick_____
    Anyway, the new owner is a regular TZ guy and it looked really good on him. Better than it did on me! You'l enjoy SC, most fun part of the forum in some ways.
    Last edited by paskinner; 17th November 2017 at 20:01.

Journeyman
    Huh...so that’s it, I’ve joined and now have to waffle on for another 40-odd posts and to come up with some meaningless irrelevances which no one here will read or care for to access SC?

- - - Updated - - -

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Guycord View Post
    Huh...so that’s it, I’ve joined and now have to waffle on for another 40-odd posts and to come up with some meaningless irrelevances which no one here will read or care for to access SC?

- - - Updated - - -

If you waffle for fifty posts in a post padding way, and then stop, everyone will recognise your reason for joining the forum. The SC is a benefit for members, not a free sales platform.

Btw, post counts can go down as well as up, so I shouldn't bother clogging up threads with that tactic.

Master

You won't make it to 50

- - - Updated - - -

That's the spirit.... keep posting those meaningless irrelevances...

Whatever you do, don't look at, engage with or communicate in a meaningful way with the varied and interesting contributors to this watch enthusiast forum!

Master

Unlucky fella. Must have been hard working doing 50 posts in a few days all for nought. I’m sure there was some top quality comments in them though 
    Last edited by Devonian; 18th November 2017 at 10:28.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    You won't make it to 50
    I believe he's trying to make it to 0

Banned

- - - Updated - - -

Members who’ve been here for years post meaningless drivel constantly. Others pick on new members, some even think they run the place. Post what you want and as long as it’s not rude or offensive and also don’t forget, it takes 60 days to gain access to sc, so take your time to see what’s what. After you’ve taken a good look around, you’ll have made a mental note who not to deal with, as no one ever seeks to post about bad experiences so you can’t rely on the feedback section. Oh and Sc isn’t the be all and end all, so don’t wait if you see the right watch elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    no one ever seeks to post about bad experiences so you can’t rely on the feedback section
    Is that another little hint to the contents of the grievance you're hauling around with you? Poor Malvolio. On this doll, point to the place where they hurt you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Is that another little hint to the contents of the grievance you're hauling around with you? Poor Malvolio. On this doll, point to the place where they hurt you.
    Oh and the ones who follow you round just to take a pop as often as they can.

the ones who follow you round
    Trust me, your poisonous appearance on a thread usually prompts me to stop following it

Journeyman
    I fear I have a long way to go before I can go shopping 😀

Banned
    Trust me, your poisonous appearance on a thread usually prompts me to stop following it
    And again. Nasty and never self analytical, or he’d realise his posts are crap, yet he critiques others.

Speak your mind. I do, but the ones with big post counts don’t like it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2345 View Post
    I fear I have a long way to go before I can go shopping 
    Not true, all you need is the direct link through which you can get early access to buying and selling.... Early access
    Last edited by danmiddle2; 18th November 2017 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2 View Post
    Not true, all you need is the direct link through which you can get early access to buying and selling.... Early access
    Well, I'm glad I asked now! Lol

Spread the Love

Don't stay on my account.

Journeyman
    Members who’ve been here for years post meaningless drivel constantly. Others pick on new members, some even think they run the place. Post what you want and as long as it’s not rude or offensive and also don’t forget, it takes 60 days to gain access to sc, so take your time to see what’s what. After you’ve taken a good look around, you’ll have made a mental note who not to deal with, as no one ever seeks to post about bad experiences so you can’t rely on the feedback section. Oh and Sc isn’t the be all and end all, so don’t wait if you see the right watch elsewhere.
    Thank you sir for your supportive rely. Appreciated!

Not particularly interested in buying or selling or taking advantage of this "free sales platform". I was just wondering why the arbitrary set-point on accessing a part of the forum? Some of the trite responses below and those you have highlighted above explain why.

Kind Rgds

Thank you sir for your supportive rely. Appreciated!

Not particularly interested in buying or selling or taking advantage of this "free sales platform". I was just wondering why the arbitrary set-point on accessing a part of the forum? Some of the trite responses below and those you have highlighted above explain why.

Kind Rgds

This is, first and foremost, a community. We happen to have a facility to buy and sell. Become a trusted member of the community and you can use Sales Corner to buy and sell.

Behave as some sort of low-rent barrow boy who is keen to take advantage and you'll be treated as such. Post drivel to achieve the magic post-count and you may find that you go from 49 to 0. Which happens, and quite frequently.

And don't under any circumstances think that you can buy from Sales Corner and sell on eBay or similar for a quick earner. TZ-UK members are very, very observant, and the ban hammer can be swiftly deployed.

Can I nominate this for post of the week? Brilliant!

Posts of under 20 meaningful words auto reduce your count by 2 - is that still the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Can't you put comments on SC, just got access as would.luve to voice my opinion on some threads but not able to!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Can't you put comments on SC, just got access as would.luve to voice my opinion on some threads but not able to!
    you need 250 posts

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    you need 250 posts
    Cheers, thought that was to put items on for sale.
    Just love the debate factor of some post and like to have my two pennies worth, looks like I'll have to wait!

Master
    Blog Entries
    No. 250 posts I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers, thought that was to put items on for sale.
    Just love the debate factor of some post and like to have my two pennies worth, looks like I'll have to wait!
    That's usually frowned upon anyway.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good to see the OP has kept posting after getting his access to SC. 59 posts in 3 months followed by 1 post in the next 2 months.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    No. 250 posts I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

That's usually frowned upon anyway.
    Not in a way to slate the OP as to be honest some really great value watches for sale (struggling not to buy some of them)
    Just after reading some post some of the sellers seem to get slated for one reason or another (won't go into detail on.which post) just seems a bit unnecessary to me

Funny thread