closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Rolex

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    BLNR is the window? That’s incredible that they don’t have long lists in the south west.

Here in Scotland they have long lists and not close to enough availability.
    In Truro a couple of weeks back, someone posted it on here as a heads up. They walked by and saw it. Also a sub in the very same branch a few weeks ago and a BLNR in Exeter not long before. I had a call about a deep sea blue from the AD in Bath a few weeks back as well saying they had one if I wanted it. I've got one already and was away at the time so couldn't post about it.

You can get them if you do the leg work. I remember last year Gareth on here wanted a deep sea blue for a friend, he made a lot of phone calls and put the work in and got it. It seems most people call 2 AD's then give up.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Please name the dealers I'm all ears???
    Out of 27 Ads I recently contacted not 1 has stock and the average is 12/18 months with many closing their waiting lists altogether!

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Wasn't an AD for BLNR but was brand new from high st. Dealer & not much premium over rrp but no one was tempted at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Seikoboy View Post
    I agree with a few on here , wear it and you wil learn to love and appreciate it
    I see that you are from London - is that North-London by coincidence?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned in watch collecting, it is not completely trusting my first impressions of a watch. Several watches I've initially loved have faded in my estimation over time; while others have grown on me and become favourites after more wrist time.

I'd give it longer before coming to a 'flip' decision.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    interesting.

After two days of wearing said watch I find it growing on me to the point I was I had to ask the wife to ask me the time more often.

Just checking , you know, like you do.

:-)

Journeyman

Great watch

I love it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    interesting.

After two days of wearing said watch I find it growing on me to the point I was I had to ask the wife to ask me the time more often.

Just checking , you know, like you do.

:-)
    I'm not surprised at all. You've very little to lose by wearing it for a month.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Well apart from work I cant take it off !
    Absolute love it .
    Shame I cant wear it at work but it's not the sort of environment that you would feel happy about .

Other watches I liked before now look very ' meh ' as the kids say nowadays.

I initially felt the same as the OP when I finally got my hands on the blnr. I suppose because it was a 'compromise purchase', I put my lack of enthusiasm down to the fact that the watch wasn't exactly what I wanted. What I actually wanted was either a 16610LV, rose gold Daytona or ,ultimately, a rose gold day-date. The 16610LV was just out of financial reach and the other two will have to wait for a few years.

However, having worn it a few times, I have to say that I absolutely love it. The bezel is something else, it has a different character in different light and it's just so easy to wear having previously worn an Omega Seamaster Professional as a daily. It goes perfectly with my suits (I mostly wear blue or grey suits) and equally well with casuals. Now I have it in rotation with my two Omegas and Tudor sub, and it's a real occasion when I wear the blnr. I intend to keep it a while, until I'm ready to upgrade.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
    I initially felt the same as the OP when I finally got my hands on the blnr. I suppose because it was a 'compromise purchase', I put my lack of enthusiasm down to the fact that the watch wasn't exactly what I wanted. What I actually wanted was either a 16610LV, rose gold Daytona or ,ultimately, a rose gold day-date. The 16610LV was just out of financial reach and the other two will have to wait for a few years.

However, having worn it a few times, I have to say that I absolutely love it. The bezel is something else, it has a different character in different light and it's just so easy to wear having previously worn an Omega Seamaster Professional as a daily. It goes perfectly with my suits (I mostly wear blue or grey suits) and equally well with casuals. Now I have it in rotation with my two Omegas and Tudor sub, and it's a real occasion when I wear the blnr. I intend to keep it a while, until I'm ready to upgrade.
    In my experience the ceramic GMT2 blows the 16610 out of the water for quality and solidity (is that a real word?). I kept my LV only a year or so, disappointed with it. Do try before you flip to buy.
    Ps love a rose gold Daytona.

With the BLNR you need to wear it in different lights, the blue on mine really comes alive in bright sunlight, but seems to be very dark, almost black indoors under ‘traditional’ lighting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    In my experience the ceramic GMT2 blows the 16610 out of the water for quality and solidity (is that a real word?). I kept my LV only a year or so, disappointed with it. Do try before you flip to buy.
    Ps love a rose gold Daytona.

Are you suggesting that a gmt2 blows a 50th lv out of the water here?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Are you suggesting that a gmt2 blows a 50th lv out of the water here?
    With regard to build quality and solidity yes. This is of course only my opinion, based upon my experience of having owned one of each.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    With regard to build quality and solidity yes. This is of course only my opinion, based upon my experience of having owned one of each.

True the build quality etc may be better but the lv is a modern day classic, of course in my opinion only as well, I like the fact that it doesn’t seem to be as well made (but it is), I feel it gives it character and I prefer the aluminium bezel to the ceramic, if you still had one you may feel the same

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    True the build quality etc may be better but the lv is a modern day classic, of course in my opinion only as well, I like the fact that it doesn’t seem to be as well made (but it is), I feel it gives it character and I prefer the aluminium bezel to the ceramic, if you still had one you may feel the same
    If I felt the same I would still have one...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    I have the black gmt and love it, still dont get the blue hype,its half a bezel and a blue hand difference…….?
    Look at the deep blue, no one wanted a dssd before that came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Give it some time. You could just be experiencing buyer's remorse and that familiar 'after all the fuss it's just a watch' feeling.
    Yep, the excitement of a new watch wears off and, unless it was bought as an investment, you realise despite all the hype it's just a watch.

What to try next...
    I'm just a very naughty boy.

Good deals with- VINSTINK, kevkojak, Optimum, Omegary, seikoking, acg, SPEEDY, kfman, Card Shark, wajhart, Jot, danboy, zenomega, gaz64, minke, Mal52, Alas, norfolkngood, Sparky, rdwiow, mrteatime, gravedodger, joeytheghost, lordoftheflies, Silver Hawk, Filterlab, brooksy, marmisto, Fray Bentos, Bootsy, Harvey69, Mantisgb, bristolboozer, Jedadiah, newtohorology, Zephod, jimm1, Draygo, Raptor.

I may have forgot one or two, apppologies.

Craftsman
    I felt exactly the same about my BLNR, I decided to give it time and maybe it would grow on me but after two years I just couldn't live with the maxi case and blingy nature of it so I sold it to a forum member for what I'd paid for it.

As said, that is the beauty of Rolex, if you decide you don't like it you can easily shift it on with little to no loss.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    The first rule of WIS Club is to buy what you like.
    Good advice !

I think the BLNR is a stunning watch, if they discontinue it watch the Values soar.
    Unless they bring out a Coke or a Pepsi...