closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Airline Carry On / Cabin Rucksack suggestions

Airline Carry On / Cabin Rucksack suggestions

I'm putting less luggage in the hold and so need a cabin bag for the next trip. I don't like the hard wheeled variety so am looking for a rucksack version, the straps need to zip away though.

There are quite a few on amazon but they look quite cheap and not great quality anyone bought anything like this recently? My budget is up to £100, any high st suggestions would be good as its easier to check out the quality/weight etc. Thanks!
    Last edited by vulcangascompany; 29th September 2017 at 17:05.

Ebags weekender thingy is ok
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Bought one of these recently and it's really good IMO.

Bit over budget, but there are smaller versions which are closer.

https://www.homeofmillican.com/colle...aphite#product

Master
    Osprey Farpoint 40 as used by minimalist travellers the world over. There is now the Fairview 40 in a female fit. The wife and I got a pair recently for Easyjet flights and they worked a treat. Also look pretty smart. The biggest issue is the carry on liquids limits tbh.The usual high stores will have the Farpoint. The Fairview is still a bit new and took me a bit of finding online - at least in stock online!

Master
    I've a couple of Millican bags and they are nice and the customer service is good if you need it. They are expensive but have I mentioned they're nice?

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Ebags weekender thingy is ok
    Use mine a lot, good value.

I have bought a Gate8 suiter bag - they also have a nice rucksack and it is hand baggage certified as that is their business

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Another vote for Ebags Weekender, loads of pockets and works very well with packing cubes.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Osprey Farpoint 40 as used by minimalist travellers the world over. There is now the Fairview 40 in a female fit. The wife and I got a pair recently for Easyjet flights and they worked a treat. Also look pretty smart. The biggest issue is the carry on liquids limits tbh.The usual high stores will have the Farpoint. The Fairview is still a bit new and took me a bit of finding online - at least in stock online!
    Just buy your liquids in departures?! More expensive yes, but I'd rather that than the hassle of checked luggage!
    Although I have two kids under 4 so it's impossible to travel with cabin bags only, well so the wife tells me...I still try!

Master
    It's the wife's stuff not mine! I had quite a lot of hers anyway

Master
    I've had my Tumi Alpha slim backbag for at least ten years and it's in great condition despite having been used daily and for hundreds of flights.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Just buy your liquids in departures?! More expensive yes, but I'd rather that than the hassle of checked luggage!
    Although I have two kids under 4 so it's impossible to travel with cabin bags only, well so the wife tells me...I still try!
    Travelled with the gf once, she bought loads of posh smellies etc at duty free, when we had to change planes in Germany we had to go through security again and they confiscated the lot (all over 100ml)
    She wasn't very happy, but I think the female security staff were very happy

Craftsman
    https://lowealpine.com/uk/at-lightflite-carry-on-45-22

Purchased one of these after Flybe shrunk their cabin bag size and its holding up well after a year of abuse.

Craftsman
    We've got a Hot Tuna from SD and it's surprisingly good value for the money:
    https://www.sportsdirect.com/hot-tun...lcode=71027726

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    try!
    It depends how often you fly - for a holiday or regular location maybe but for frequent business flyers it isn’t practical.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    It depends how often you fly - for a holiday or regular location maybe but for frequent business flyers it isn’t practical.

Decanting is the future

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Decanting is the future
    Indeed and that is what I do. Even shaving cream and moisturiser now as the small sizes cost almost as much as large ones - samples are another useful source of supply !

Hold fire a month Ryanair are talking about changing their sizes again.

Thanks for all the suggestions, something here will be ideal. Cheers!

Master