closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Skx007 vs skx173

Skx007 vs skx173

Just a quick one on these two. I’ve read in several places online that the skx173 diameter is 41mm while the skx007 is 42.6mm. Is this a misprint or is the skx173 actually smaller? They look to have identical cases to my eye.

Happy to hear opinions & see some pics on the two as well while on the subject 😀

Cheers

Banned
    Very similar watches but yes the skx007 is slightly larger than the skx173 . The skx173 is the North American model whereas the skx007 is seikos international model

Seikoboy

I have both models and I'm pretty certain that both use the same exact case. The only differences are the dial and lollipop second hand.

The case is a specific part number on boley, but then the caseback is 0028 instead of 0020. I'd be surprised if they were that much smaller, pretty much the same watch as the 7002-7039 and I think that's the same size. Never measured it to compare and while I have the 2nd gen 7002 here I no longer have an skx...

Like the 173, though. I think the dials on those and the 7002 1st and 2nd gen often get overlooked.

It's the same case and size.

Thought as much, really couldn’t see Seiko making small variations of the same case. This must just be a misprint somewhere that’s been re-quoted a few times.

I’d have gone for the 173 if it was a tad smaller but prefer the 007 if there’s no size difference.

Master
    If you’re looking for a smaller skx007 take a look at the skx013.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Case/Lug shape always looks poor on 013 compared to the normal size to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    I have both models and I'm pretty certain that both use the same exact case. The only differences are the dial and lollipop second hand.
    i've had both and i also concur they are almost identical if not so....

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    It's quite thick though on the wrist in a top heavy sense. I know the thickness to the 007 is probably identical but it wears completely different. Spoken from experience.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    It's quite thick though on the wrist in a top heavy sense. I know the thickness to the 007 is probably identical but it wears completely different. Spoken from experience.

Agreed. As a result, I have an 013 sitting in a drawer at home.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Agreed. As a result, I have an 013 sitting in a drawer at home.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Mine went a few years back...

Craftsman
    I bought a 013 when I was trying to give smaller watches a chance. I never quite got on with it. The dial just seemed hard to read at a glance. Maybe it was a little busy because I have other 38mm watches and have no problems with reading those. And as mentioned, it is still quite thick for a smaller watch so it wore top heavy. I sold it and bought a 009 instead. The bezel click on the 013 was far nicer than the 009 though! A crisp 'click' compared to a dull 'tick'.

Yeh the 013 looks a bit too small for the height of the watch. I recon 41mm as stated for the 173 in some places would have been a great size for me but I recon I’ll get away with the full size 007 (just) with my 6 3/4 inch wrist!