closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Not for everyone

Not for everyone

I've always liked these but knowing I'll take an hit on it I've held back,but it's not always about the money,sometimes you have to give other things a try.
    feel free to abuse me I'm big enough to take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Looks like a nice watch 👍🏻 The only thing I'm not hugely keen on is the giant XII marker, maybe it would look more balanced the same size as the other numerals. Certainly good to see something a bit different.

Did you buy new or pre owned?

Very nice indeed, different from the usual suspects.
    How seriously are Cartier taken in the watch world as you hardly ever see them.

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Looks like a nice watch The only thing I'm not hugely keen on is the giant XII marker, maybe it would look more balanced the same size as the other numerals. Certainly good to see something a bit different.

Did you buy new or pre owned?
    Preowned,still stickered and should of lost its main chunk of money

Craftsman
    I'm not sure about others but I have been a fan for a while. Was considering one at some point, then something else came along, you know how it goes.
    Agree with the sentiment regarding the large 12 marker. I feel if this was smaller would be a better overall aesthetic.

Master
    Not fan of the datewindow but otherwise lovely watch! I think the larger 12-o clock marker is nice though, makes it stand out. Prefer it on rubber but bracelet looks nice too :-)

A lot of riviera luxury in the design (and cartier)!

Master
    I really like that. I used to own a roadster chrono which was a great watch but that one looks stunning. May I ask what size the case is?

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I really like that. I used to own a roadster chrono which was a great watch but that one looks stunning. May I ask what size the case is?

It's supposed to be 42mm but it wears more like a 44mm

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    It's supposed to be 42mm but it wears more like a 44mm

Thanks. The more that I look at the pic the more I like it.

Thanks. The more that I look at the pic the more I like it.

I think it's a great looking piece definitely something other then the usual everyone else wears.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Master
    Bit busy for me but great to see something a bit different. Actually quite like u date window.

I like it a lot, probably the only Cartier I could see myself wearing. What sort of movement would that have in it?

Craftsman
    I like a number of Cartier watches - this would be another without that 12 marker!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Looks like a nice watch  The only thing I'm not hugely keen on is the giant XII marker, maybe it would look more balanced the same size as the other numerals.
    Took the words right out of my mouth! Though I'm sure you could buy something remarkably similar looking from Citizen or Seiko for a fraction of the price.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth! Though I'm sure you could buy something remarkably similar looking from Citizen or Seiko for a fraction of the price.....
    As you can for almost any watch, but some don't want copies. Steinhart owner by any chance?

Master
    If you like it that's all that matters. I got my wife a Cartier so I see them as women's watches, that said I like your as it's certainly not feminine. If I was to pop for one it would be the santos ADLC

Master
    Looks a bit tight?!

Nice watch though, I do like that. Nice to see someone go for something a bit different

Master
    I think it's cool, not many Cartier's designed exclusively for guys. I particularly like the two tone blue. Something different to the normal favs.

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    As you can for almost any watch, but some don't want copies. Steinhart owner by any chance?
    Copies??? who said anything about copies?? And who would have copied who? Yes, I have a Steinhart which, as many owners on here attest, is a great watch. And your point is???

Nice to see something different, but I've yet to see a watch with Roman numerals that I really liked.

Who cares, though, as long as you like it?

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Copies??? who said anything about copies?? And who would have copied who? Yes, I have a Steinhart which, as many owners on here attest, is a great watch. And your point is???
    No point, perhaps I should have been clearer - please show these cheaper, remarkably similar watches to which you refer. Assume you've taken in consideration the whole package when making such a negative statement to the OP's incoming?

Looking forward to your reply, or will you just hang on for the next BLNR incoming and flash your Steinhart and wallet full of saved dosh?

Apprentice
    I think it is a remarkable watch. I think the design is very appealing, it has an in house movement and it is different from what Cartier has done before and, if you listen to his new chief, will do in the future. It is one of the few designs where the big date window looks good to me. But, please, tell us a bit about your experience: how does it wear? How is the bezel action? Accuracy of the movement? Come on, share your owner's thoughts!

I'm not sure about Cartier to be honest, aren't they a major shareholder in bell and Ross?

If u like it that's all that matters and imo as long as u can afford it, depreciation isn't such a problem.

Personally doesn't do much for me but I do like Cartiers. I tend to worry more about resale value for watches that I want to try out, rather than those that I simply must have!

Sorry forgot to say- congratulations on the purchase of a watch that u really like!

Having owned now for 24 hours,my thoughts.
    Bezel-I like the layout and the movement is smooth,the clicks are closer than say my PO
    When changing the time there's not a lot of resistance when winding and the hands move really nice ,hard to explain but when I first moved them I thought this feels different but in a good way .
    Bracelet is a bit like a blnr with the polished links ,feels good quality.
    People have mentioned the 12 o'clock,but I think it earns its money at night,pics to follow.
    The crown,I really like that with the sapphire,totally different.
    Time keeping spot on as would be expected over 24hrs.
    Are Cartier a serious watch brand ,I think so ,but I thought this before my purchase

Craftsman
    Congratulations on your new watch.

Overall I think it's quite a nice bold statement from Cartier, and perhaps a window of things to come from the new chief there.

Enjoy the watch.

Master
    Liking it even more when I see the lume. Congratulations on a great watch choice.

I like that a lot and can you fit the Cartier rubber strap option yourself ?

Master
    Having owned this watch on rubber I'll add a few comments and answer a few questions ...

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Very nice indeed, different from the usual suspects.
    How seriously are Cartier taken in the watch world as you hardly ever see them.
    It's often thought Cartier are a fashion brand and nothing could be further from the truth.
    Much of their range is in the "haute horologie" end of the market - and I really like some of the skeleton movements they've created.
    On the high street - they're well known for design classics like the Santos.

Looks like a nice watch  The only thing I'm not hugely keen on is the giant XII marker, maybe it would look more balanced the same size as the other numerals. Certainly good to see something a bit different.
    I might be mistake but I think ALL cartier watches have roman numerals

From my own experience - I bought on the grey market so got a good deal - knowing I would take a bath as residuals on Cartiers are not good.
    The reason I sold was poor legibility .. the thin white hands (to my poor eyes) got lost over the white in the subdial.
    The hands should be thicker if you ask me.

Anyway in answer to another question ... Cartier is part of Richemont (IWC, JLC, VC, Cartie, Panerai) and I traded my Cartier for my first Panerai.

I know what you mean about the hands,I'll keep my eyes open for rubber strap as they do seem to suite it

Master
    AFAIR with Cartier Roman numerals one leg of the 10 has Cartier in very fine script along it. But I may be incorrect.

Master
    AFAIR with Cartier Roman numerals one leg of the 10 has Cartier in very fine script along it. But I may be incorrect.

This is true ... meant to help ensure watch is genuine.

Wore the Cartier for a full weekend,time keeping spot on ,it then went into the watch box until the next weekend.
    So I puts it on ,gave it 20 winds ,whilst I was out it stopped,reset the time and rewind ,wore all night,woke up wrong time,back to the shop it's gone,will see what happens

Master
    What a disappointing update! :-(

Master
    Hardly an inspiration to buy Cartier.

If they offer you a refund, take it and run.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockinho View Post
    Not fan of the datewindow ....
    It's rather bizarre. If I know the date today, I can hazard a guess at what it was yesterday and what it will be tomorrow!

That aside, quite a nice take on a diver.

I purchased the Cartier from goldsmiths in Meadowhall using hallmark vouchers ,this was a preowned watch ,I new I obviously wouldn't get a refund but wasn't sure of my options.I wasn't too keen on the watch being fixed as it was essentially new as it was still stickers,so I asked if they had anymore in stock as I did like it ,the answer was no ,I was dealing with a guy called Tim who I think may be the manager,anyway he says pick something else,so I trawled through there website,and came across a watch that I have had before and should never have sold and would never expect to see on the preowned site,gave Tim a ring and asked if he could get hold of it which he did a very pleasing outcome really,I know goldsmiths get a bit of stick on here but they couldn't of handled this any better,as for Tim ,had a couple of decent chats with him,and he knows what he's talking about,I would definitely use them in the future

Much better IMO. Good result.

Master
    As long as you're happy! Fair play to Goldsmiths on this occasion, refreshing to read them come out of something in a good light.

Pity about the Cartier, it really grew on me and I prefer it to the Panerai

Master
    Each watch is lovely in its own right. So long as you are happy then that is a good result.

Master
    Cartier has a very solid track when it comes to horology and I'm always puzzled that they don't get more recognition for this. I previously worked for a company that was acquired by Richemont just over a decade ago and watchmakers moved around the different watch maisons within the group; your Cartier might well have been made by someone who trained at JLC or Vacheron.

I owned a Tank Française for a brief period of time and it's still a watch I miss. A really simple and elegant dress watch IMO. Just couldn't get on with the thing in terms of bracelet sizing - it was always either too tight or too loose and it drove me mad. The Calibre model that passed through the OP's hands is definitely a big bigger and brasher than most of their other models and I was very surprised when they added the bezel and launched the diver's version but I do like it. I'd actually rather have it than the Panerai but then I have wrists like a ballerina and so they'd both probably look like ashtrays on me!

SGR