closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTS

SOTS

Special programme next Saturday chaps - they're reforming the band.
    They are recreating the first ever Radio 1 programme; Blackburn, vinyl, same playlist, the works. 'Tis of course the 50th anniversary of Radio 1 to the day next Saturday.
    I am away and unlikely to listen in real time but will record it and would like to compare notes afterwards.
    They are even broadcasting some of it live on Radio 1.

And while I'm on - Blackburn.
    Having listened to him for a good few episodes now, I have begrudgingly downgraded him to Extremely Annoying.
    I railed about the dumping of Brian Matthew, but as he died about 15 minutes after my diatribe it fell somewhat flat.
    The playlist under Blackburn is I have to admit more to my liking (probably more populist that Matthew used to play) and amongst the djdrivel are some moments of humour that do make me chuckle ( Oh! Here's the Director of Radio 2. He often pops in to see how we're doing. Good morning sir. I have often wondered - do you have any other occupation besides the Beeb?(RECORD STARTS) I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE AND I BRING YOU......)

So - bottom line - I still listen.
    Last edited by unclealec; 23rd September 2017 at 20:34.

I don't mind Blackburn and he's a relief from Chris Evans. The issue for me is it's on too early now. I don't know why they had to change from the 8-10am slot and bring in Smugbert O'Leary.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    I don't mind Blackburn and he's a relief from Chris Evans. The issue for me is it's on too early now. I don't know why they had to change from the 8-10am slot and bring in Smugbert O'Leary.
    Agreed. I have it on my digibox record schedule, and still listen from 8-10am, just like the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    This sums it up for me.