closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My husband needs opinions please..

I always get stuck behind people like the OP at the Post Office when sending a watch.

Can I put £1.37 on this card, £3.89 on that card, oh a tenner on that card, three scratch cards please and can I withdraw £400.00 please.

If you can afford to withdraw £400, set up direct debits like the rest of us. Always amazes me that these people always have the latest brand new trainers, a smart phone and arms and legs covered in tattoos.

Get off your big fat ar*e and get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I always get stuck behind people like the OP at the Post Office when sending a watch.

Can I put £1.37 on this card, £3.89 on that card, oh a tenner on that card, three scratch cards please and can I withdraw £400.00 please.

If you can afford to withdraw £400, set up direct debits like the rest of us. Always amazes me that these people always have the latest brand new trainers, a smart phone and arms and legs covered in tattoos.

Get off your big fat ar*e and get a job.
    But won't the free money stop?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    But won't the free money stop?
    Good point well presented.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
    Dear Okapi, looking back at your previous posts I think you have a few good points there .

If times were tough and my wife were supportive, taking care of the family, and being very understanding that I am working hard despite my job not being as high paying as we'd like, I'd probably be really thankful and continue working harder to improve the career and build for the future.

If I had a wife who went on the internet with the sole purpose of shaming me, and complained a lot about how life is so difficult (due to me only having a "smallish income"), I'd probably just be depressed. Maybe I'd go buy a watch if I was depressed enough. Of course I wouldn't admit that this was just retail therapy for me feeling low - she's got the moral high ground, with me having done something financially irresponsible. And she'd be too busy telling me how me buying that watch shows a lack of appreciation for the financial discipline, sacrifice, and hard work she puts in to take care of the family (which of course is completely true). So now's not the right time to tell her about me feeling low, so instead I'd make up some crap about how this kind of buying behaviour is normal for watch fanatics, because I don't want to make the fight worse by telling the truth about what drove me to buy the watch in the first place.

Maybe some other time, I'll sit her down, and tell her "baby, yeah, times are tough. The career isn't where it's meant to be right now, but we are already doing what we can about it. I feel low because it feels like the difficulties of our situation are all on my shoulders because I don't earn enough money, which is why I end up doing stupid things like buying a watch to make myself feel better. Lord knows I appreciate your hard work taking care of the family, I hope you can appreciate I'm doing my best and we will get there. I know it's tough not feeling any sense of achievement and progress in the meantime. How about we both find a proper hobby (i.e. not going down to the pub) and we work in just one/two hour(s) [adjust as necessary depending on your schedule] a week into the schedule to devote to the hobby. Then we will have a source of achievement and personal development. I'll watch the kids during your hour(s) so I'll get more time with them too, and you can get a well deserved break. Maybe this can help us feel more positive on our outlook."

But then again it'd probably never be the right time because either I'd be at work, we'd be asleep, we'd be taking care of the kids, or we'd already be fighting about something else.