closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Boring front door/garage advice

Boring front door/garage advice

I’m based in Bedfordshire I looking to get two new electric garage doors and a nice composite front door.

Can anyone recommmend a company or at least a brand to look at?

I’ve found quality and workmanship varies quite a bit, an ideally would like the best of both.

Hormann garage doors and front doors are very good. Lots of styles, have a browse.

They also make electric garage door openers which are handy.

http://www.hormann.co.uk/?gclid=CJ3n...FQnGGwod4kwDKQ

The Garage Door Company in Hockliffe - despite the imaginative name - installed mine in 1998. With a bit of simple maintenance and one blown fuse, they're as good today as they've ever been. +1 for Hormann.

Craftsman
    I have a hormann that's insulated , thinks about 3-4cm thick and electric with a remote . I don't even have a house key as I just drive in and out if the garage ! Brilliant bit of kit
    It's the sectional type which is more secure than the run of the mill roller shutter type which you can peel out of the runners easily which I've seen done
    Last edited by P ELLIS; 22nd September 2017 at 21:51.

Thanks guys and bonus a local company.

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    The Garage Door Company in Hockliffe - despite the imaginative name - installed mine in 1998. With a bit of simple maintenance and one blown fuse, they're as good today as they've ever been. +1 for Hormann.
    The garage door company looks like a nationwide brand, I’ve found the garage door workshop in Hockliffe if this was the one you are referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    The garage door company looks like a nationwide brand, I’ve found the garage door workshop in Hockliffe if this was the one you are referring to?
    No - it was definitely this lot:

http://www.thegaragedoorcompany.ltd....FfYy0wodfysHDQ

I'd assume they sold off the Hockliffe branch and itz's been taken over privately and (slightly) rebranded.

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    No - it was definitely this lot:

http://www.thegaragedoorcompany.ltd....FfYy0wodfysHDQ

I'd assume they sold off the Hockliffe branch and itz's been taken over privately and (slightly) rebranded.
    Thanks

Craftsman
    They are a great door , just get the most secure you can . Mines insulated as the garages are centrally heated and they seal superb with a clunk amd there's no light or anything gets through ... Superb doors

Quote Originally Posted by P ELLIS View Post
    They are a great door , just get the most secure you can . Mines insulated as the garages are centrally heated and they seal superb with a clunk amd there's no light or anything gets through ... Superb doors
    Yes I’ll be after the section type

I’m currently dealing with Scott Mason from SDM Garage Doors who cover Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, and Hertfordshire. I’m using them for an electric/sectional Hormann insulated door.

Very nice guy who has been very patient and given good advice. His company’s Facebook page is full of all the word they do - before and after pics etc.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Yes I’ll be after the section type
    brilliant bit of kit, think mine is 6 sections , the only issue is the remotes are quite fragile and if you drop one they do crack/shatter quite easily. i have a couple of spares and one taped up to hell with masking tape