closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mini weapon..

Mini weapon..

https://futurism.com/videos/folding-...eid=77a730b496

Not a big advocate of firearms per se, but I do like the innovative design. Ironically, as its for shooting people, it should maybe be called the 'death card' ...

Being able to fire just one shot is not a good thing if unless you're a trained marksman or something. In situations of panic, fear, shock I don't think the average person can hit their "target" even if they're close-by.

Interesting little thing though...

Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    Being able to fire just one shot is not a good thing if unless you're a trained marksman or something. In situations of panic, fear, shock I don't think the average person can hit their "target" even if they're close-by.

Interesting little thing though...
    It's simply there to give the user an over inflated sense of protection, virtually useless when folded away in the sleeve, in your pocket when someone confronts you. What you supposed to do, politely ask the would be robber to hang on a second whilst you unfold a gun from your pocket?

Master
    Will it fit in a Secrid wallet? 🙂

Who thinks of this $h1t ?

I can’t see any use of that apart from getting through security and settling “beefs” with people who “disrespect” you. I have been a competition target shooter and will defend firearms but that really has no use apart from getting into places it shouldn’t be. A small ready to go pistol would be far more practical for self defence or any legal use. The engineering doesn’t even impress me is just looks liked hinged polymer ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I really can't see how something that is of such a small calibre and is single shot can be in any way effective as a self defence weapon. You would have to be very lucky to get in a shot that incapacitated an attacker. I would have thought that a gas spray or tazer type device would be much better.

Airport and public events/facilities security nightmare with no stopping power.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    The engineering doesn’t even impress me is just looks liked hinged polymer ?
    The spec sheet says it has a steel barrel and an aluminium frame, but other than that I'd agree with your observations.

Single shot (though 4 extra rounds can be carried in the handle), no sights, 22LR, has to be unfolded before use, unguarded trigger......I guess it's designed for the "scare" factor more than practicality. Though not quite sure who it might scare more - the user or the assailant!

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Airport and public events/facilities security nightmare with no stopping power.
    Stopping power counts for little, though, if you can't hit the target. This is where the 22LR can be very effective, since lack of recoil normally results in better accuracy. Of course accuracy may well suffer using a pistol with a 2" barrel and no sights!

But then again I doubt any assailant is going to worry about the caliber of the bullet as it is speeding towards them. And getting hit by a bullet from a 22LR is going to hurt.....a lot.

Grand Master
    It's not really that innovative, all you need for a firearm is a rifled barrel with the appropriate breech for the ammunition loading and obturation during firing, they've just done this and made it look like a gerber tool!

If you managed to hit someone, aren't you just going to annoy them even more?

Maybe a Christmas cracker filler for the cracker belt

It's called a LifeCard, a real gun lobby name. DeathCard would be more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I really can't see how something that is of such a small calibre and is single shot can be in any way effective as a self defence weapon. You would have to be very lucky to get in a shot that incapacitated an attacker. I would have thought that a gas spray or tazer type device would be much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by simon-c View Post
    If you managed to hit someone, aren't you just going to annoy them even more?
    Not to belabour the point but, depending on the ammunition used, that 22LR bullet is more than likely to be travelling well in excess of 1,200 feet per second when it leaves the barrel and will still be going 1,000 feet per second at 100 yards.

I wouldn't recommend sticking out a hand and trying to catch one

Velocity-wise that's much the same as bullets coming from most of those handguns you might see in the movies or on the hips of soldiers and police officers around the world.

Whilst a bullet from a 22LR weighs roughly 2.5 grams, so about the same as a CR2032 battery, and the bullets coming from those bigger caliber handguns might weigh 3 or 4 times as much, that's still going to be largely academic if you are unfortunate enough to get in the way of one.

Isn't that an over-hyped zip gun?