closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Timepiece for Father

Apprentice

Timepiece for Father

If you had to buy a watch for the old man, what would it be and why. I'd go for a Patek 5127.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Buy for yourself, it will be yours one day.

Craftsman
    Mine's long gone, so, Grave-Dweller?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    Buy for yourself, it will be yours one day.
    Got a nice Explorer, the old man is retired and spends his time at formal balls, this is the piece I would get (and am thinking of as he my hero). He ain't a WIS, but this is the the watch I would like to gift him and think would suit his soul. He has wore 1 Seiko and 1 Omega for the last 30yrs, and these are the catalyst that started my addiction. A few good watches. Just my story.

Craftsman
    He's 94 and has imperfect eyesight, so it would have to be a full size (55mm) replica B-Uhr from Laco.
    Unfortunately, he probably wouldn't like it. He has spent a total of about 30 hours of his 94 years outside the British Isles, and is deeply sceptical about "foreign johnnies" and all their works.

Rolex Oysterquartz (17000) stainless steel beater; Cartier Santos quartz in steel/gold for dress wear; Audemars Piguet Huitième chronograph in yellow gold; Glashütte Original Senator Excellence (classic dial) in steel; Glashütte Original Panoreserve (blue dial) in steel.
    Need more . . . .

Craftsman
    Back in Feb/March I bought a Smiths Black Shadow from a fellow member here on the forum as a present for my father. He likes watches that are a bit different from the norm and he's also a keen vintage motorcycle enthusiast so the Black Shadow was a no brainer IMO. It was such a great feeling to hand the watch over and see the look on his face when he opened it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pearley8 View Post
    If you had to buy a watch for the old man, what would it be and why. I'd go for a Patek 5127.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I wish my lad would buy that for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Gave my old boy a 5711 Nautilus last year. Previously got him an AP Royal Oak Offshore Diver for his 60th and a Tag Carrera Twin Time for his 50th. I'm done for a while...

Journeyman
    datejust, then a solar seiko quartz.

the first one, because he wanted a steel watch.

the second because he couldn't keep his automatic watch sufficiently wound due to a (much) more laid-back lifestyle.