closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bad 24 hours

Craftsman

Bad 24 hours

Bad watch day yesterday for me.

Started off with an Archimede that I purchased two weeks ago from a good member of the forum. Unfortunately the strap was too short and I couldn't wear the watch. While waiting on a longer strap I just wound it a couple of times and all was good until yesterday. I was going to visit a watch buddy so I decided to bring along my new watch to show him, wound it set the time and pushed the crown in. Second hand didn't move and watch not ticking. Richard Askham originally done the work to replace the dial months ago so I asked him to have a look, unfortunately he is heading off on holidays and won't be back for a bit so I have sent a message to another guy here to see if he will have a look at the watch for me.

Later in the day I come back home and there is a ping and something hitting the floor, my Oris Aquis started to fall off my wrist. Ratchet clasp would not lock and a button was missing. A lot of crawling and squinting of eyes and I found a button and a spring. The second button was also loose and came out in my hand.

I am assuming it needs clips to hold the buttons back in on the clasp. Jomashop won't cover the clasp under warranty. I have emailed Oris to try find a fix or solution.

Lock the watch box - don't open till tomorrow. Too risky! Bad day indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Sorry to hear that fella, I hope I don't have such bad luck

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Lock the watch box - don't open till tomorrow. Too risky! Bad day indeed

My luck has turned, today's watch survived and is now safe back in my box.

Archimede on it's way to Duncan (thewatchbloke) to get sorted. Still waiting on Oris to reply before I head down to the ad to get the clasp fixed.