timefactors watches
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 95 of 95

Thread: The APpreciation thread.

  1. #51
    I've gone off Goyard. I still love the look but have issues on the durability, the canvas is too weak. The canvas on both my bag and my belt has cracked without huge amounts of use. My wallet is still in decent condition though.

  2. #52
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    55

    My T3 was stolen

    last year. I`m hoping it will break and the eventual owner will have to get it repaired at AP. Then I will get my wonderful T£ back again. May the thieves rot in hell!

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony E View Post
    That looks really good, did Goyard do the artwork for you.
    No I had painted by an artist called Russell who advertises under Maison Gris

  4. #54
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    97
    anyone know what the current waiting times are at the boutiques for the 15400 blue version? I was reading on the rolex forum it seems to very massively based on location.

    The ones in Europe are around 6 month wait, while in certain places in the states you can see them in windows.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by ASD25 View Post
    anyone know what the current waiting times are at the boutiques for the 15400 blue version? I was reading on the rolex forum it seems to very massively based on location.

    The ones in Europe are around 6 month wait, while in certain places in the states you can see them in windows.
    You have a PM :)

  6. #56
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Looks really good Tony, I think I need another AP back in my collection. Anyone have any good pics of the 42mm ROO Chrono on the wrist?
    Fantastic, there's something about these, stunning. Getting near to the 15400 or 15450 in steel after many years of saving.

  7. #57
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by ASD25 View Post
    anyone know what the current waiting times are at the boutiques for the 15400 blue version? I was reading on the rolex forum it seems to very massively based on location.

    The ones in Europe are around 6 month wait, while in certain places in the states you can see them in windows.
    Asked AP yesterday about the blue dial one, said to to book an appointment for London but no lead times given - otherwise Paris is the nearest boutique.

  8. #58
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen. Scotland
    Posts
    1,152
    I personally like the AP diver with display back. Total weapon with heaps of class.

  9. #59
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,744
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Another pic of the brutes.
    I'm particularly fond of the massively ugly scratched to eff white one.
    Ideal beater and comfy as hell.

    Since you and I were chatting about these, I've been thinking about a post of yours I can't find, it must be on another thread, you were wondering how you would choose between these two.

    After seeing your picture of the black in the Friday thread I thought, ah yes definitely the black, just looks so perfect and classic. Now I come in search of this post, I see you cooing especially over the white.

    Best just keep both, forever

  10. #60
    Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg & Berlin
    Posts
    9,750
    My taste seems to be a little different from the majority - still like my AP a lot.



  11. #61
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Since you and I were chatting about these, I've been thinking about a post of yours I can't find, it must be on another thread, you were wondering how you would choose between these two.

    After seeing your picture of the black in the Friday thread I thought, ah yes definitely the black, just looks so perfect and classic. Now I come in search of this post, I see you cooing especially over the white.

    Best just keep both, forever
    This one? http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ver+comparison

    The white is off for its maintenance service for warranty extension. The black is just back and rather pleasingly running with 0 deviation after my initial grumping about timekeeping.
    I do love both but I'm still half tempted to switch one out for a classic RO. Dunno. They've definitely rekindled my interest in watches which was getting a little flat while concentrating on Rolex.
    Also lol at "cooing" :D
    Last edited by verv; 14th October 2017 at 10:43.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    This one? http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ver+comparison

    The white is off for its maintenance service for warranty extension. The black is just back and rather pleasingly running with 0 deviation after my initial grumping about timekeeping.
    I do love both but I'm still half tempted to switch one out for a classic RO. Dunno. They've definitely rekindled my interest in watches which was getting a little flat while concentrating on Rolex.
    Also lol at "cooing" :D
    For reference you just need to register your watch on the AP site for the 3rd year extension.

    However all watches purchased in 2017 and from now on will have a 5 year warranty with registering with AP :)

    Not officially announced but validated by AP
    Last edited by pitbull666; 14th October 2017 at 12:24.

  13. #63
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yes. But I wanted to take advantage of the free 2 year service.

  14. #64
    Master hhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On the M25...probably
    Posts
    2,724
    I had this one....




    But sold it for some reason.

    Mistake.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    I had this one....




    But sold it for some reason.

    Mistake.
    Stunner, would love own this very one, one day.

  16. #66
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76

    The APpreciation thread.

    My new 15450 in steel with white dial, purchased recently.
    I preferred the proportions of the 37mm dial over the 41mm dial, feel the 3120 movement fits the 37mm case better and . . . is the larger reference is bigger for the sake of being bigger (it’s also more expensive)?

    One additional whole link fitted for my 6.75" wrist.



    Last edited by slever; 14th November 2017 at 09:41.

  17. #67
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    That's lovely. The metal dial really catches the light well.
    I went the opposite way. Tried a 37mm on but it felt too smalI so did exactly as threatened and swapped out the black diver for a black 15400.
    I prefer the bigger case but it's true what you say about the movement.



    [url=https://postimg.org/image/rgxffq4s7/][/url




  18. #68
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,744
    Was the 39mm extra-thin a possibility? I've no idea of availability or £££ (or how annoying not having a seconds hand would be) (or how annoying its only coming in blue is, for that matter)

  19. #69
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nah. I didn't want a thin one.
    No point on a fat lass

  20. #70
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76

    The APpreciation thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    That's lovely. The metal dial really catches the light well.
    I went the opposite way. Tried a 37mm on but it felt too smalI so did exactly as threatened and swapped out the black diver for a black 15400.
    I prefer the bigger case but it's true what you say about the movement.



    [url=https://postimg.org/image/rgxffq4s7/][/url



    Gorgeous and they’re fantastic pictures - will have to get my camera out and take some proper photographs of mine. If only they did one in 39mm . . .
    Last edited by slever; 14th November 2017 at 09:43.

  21. #71
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    If you do then could you please do some of the dial in daylight?

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Was the 39mm extra-thin a possibility? I've no idea of availability or £££ (or how annoying not having a seconds hand would be) (or how annoying its only coming in blue is, for that matter)
    They are boutique only but here in the UK the service centre is acting as the UK boutique/lounge so you can source there.

    Price last time I checked was just over £19k (£19,300 I have in mind) as for availability 6 months wait at a guess.

  23. #73
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    If you do then could you please do some of the dial in daylight?
    Will do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #74
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    They are boutique only but here in the UK the service centre is acting as the UK boutique/lounge so you can source there.

    Price last time I checked was just over £19k (£19,300 I have in mind) as for availability 6 months wait at a guess.
    Yes they are quite a bit more expensive and I wanted the more modern super-duper calibre (and a seconds hand).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    Yes they are quite a bit more expensive and I wanted the more modern super-duper calibre (and a seconds hand).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep all down to personal taste, I prefer the 41mm over the 39mm & 37mm but like I said to you it’s all down to what suits you.

    BTW the silver dial looks great on you :)

  26. #76
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,400
    Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    Gorgeous and they’re fantastic pictures - will have to get my camera out and take some proper photographs of mine. If only they did one in 39mm . . .
    They did – the 15300. Discontinued 4 years or so ago, but still available NOS or lightly used.

    Some on C24, and this one – http://www.shop.rivierawatch.com/en/...full-set-.html – a member of TRF’s which he found NOS, and then decided the only ROs for him were his ceramic Offshore diver.

  27. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    They did – the 15300. Discontinued 4 years or so ago, but still available NOS or lightly used.

    Some on C24, and this one – http://www.shop.rivierawatch.com/en/...full-set-.html – a member of TRF’s which he found NOS, and then decided the only ROs for him were his ceramic Offshore diver.
    A friend of mine who’s on TRF (might also be on here) has the 15300 and must say I know the AP logo on the lower dial half is historic but fell in love with it as a 12 marker on the 15300.

  28. #78
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76

    The APpreciation thread.

    Audemars Piguet 15450 pictures.

    Better daylight (no sunshine today) shots, as promised.







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #79
    Nice! Great photos, great watch.

  30. #80
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    That dial is lovely. Looks a lot crisper than the sprayed variants. :)

  31. #81
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    231
    Having never tried one of these on, I often wonder how comfortable the bracelet is. Anyone care to confirm / offer comparison? Beautiful watches btw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #82
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    Comfiest I've ever had. Bracelet integration holds the head perfectly and the links snake round the wrist. Can't feel it on sometimes and it's a fairly weighty watch.

  33. #83
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    966
    Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    Audemars Piguet 15450 pictures.

    Better daylight (no sunshine today) shots, as promised.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is beautiful! I'm also considering one just like that, in 37mm. How is the adjustment on the bracelet, half links or something else?

  34. #84
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    That is beautiful! I'm also considering one just like that, in 37mm. How is the adjustment on the bracelet, half links or something else?
    For bracket adjustment you add or remove links. There is also a 1-1/2 link if you want finer adjustment. I has to buy one additional whole link, and you really should get the dealer to do it because there is threadlock on the link screws.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #85
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    Having never tried one of these on, I often wonder how comfortable the bracelet is. Anyone care to confirm / offer comparison? Beautiful watches btw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s a very supple bracelet and the 37mm bracelet is a bit thinner and lighter than the 41mm one. Must be sized for you by the dealer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. #86
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    It’s a very supple bracelet and the 37mm bracelet is a bit thinner and lighter than the 41mm one. Must be sized for you by the dealer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting. They’re certainly very unique. A great addition to any collection


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. #87
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    That dial is lovely. Looks a lot crisper than the sprayed variants. :)
    I think you’re right. I don’t really know how the different dial colours are coated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #88

  39. #89
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I tell a little lie. I’ve watched that clip loads of times, and really enjoy seeing it again. I should have asked how is the white dial
    produced? Is it Rhodium plated? It seems the blue and black dials are painted, but are the white ones ‘nude’. I don’t really know.

    Perhaps a factory visit is needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #90
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,744
    Quote Originally Posted by slever View Post
    I tell a little lie. I’ve watched that clip loads of times
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

  41. #91
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,081
    It's about time this thread had a 14790ST, since no one else has posted one...



    36mm, which makes it quite subtle and a touch dressier for a sports watch, so it's very wearable in all situations and works well on a smaller wrist. A blue dial though you can't see it here, it has a habit of changing colour.

    These are very thin, like a slightly smaller 15202ST, and light. The movement is JLC. The bracelet took a couple of goes to size and is not something to be attempted yourself, but it's very comfortable once it's achieved. The key to a good fit turned out to be moving a link, to centre (more or less) the folding part of the clasp underneath, rather than the realise button, in case that helps anyone in future.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 17th November 2017 at 12:11.

  42. #92
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    11,550
    Blog Entries
    1
    That's beautiful its. Looks a lot more subtle than the newer ones.

    I have to confess at being a bit "give it a bash and see what happens" with bracelet sizing so did do my own.
    It's a slotted pin held in with a tiny screw. 1.4mm Panerai style screwdriver and a cocktail stick to poke the pin out does the job admirably.

  43. #93
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    That's beautiful its. Looks a lot more subtle than the newer ones.

    I have to confess at being a bit "give it a bash and see what happens" with bracelet sizing so did do my own.
    It's a slotted pin held in with a tiny screw. 1.4mm Panerai style screwdriver and a cocktail stick to poke the pin out does the job admirably.
    I'm usually happy to do my own and often find this is the only way to try enough combinations to get the correct fit (GS especially). However in this case I quickly decided I was out of my depth!

  44. #94
    Master Der Amf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,744
    I just came across this review from a few years ago of the ROO Diver, written by pbr: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=267701

    In the photos you can see it's got the solid caseback and the engine turned dial. Were the two details changed at the same time?

  45. #95
    Craftsman endo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I just came across this review from a few years ago of the ROO Diver, written by pbr: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=267701

    In the photos you can see it's got the solid caseback and the engine turned dial. Were the two details changed at the same time?
    Yep, that's the 15703st, it got the new dial and displayback when the model was changed to the 15710st


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •