closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: iOS 11 Now available

Craftsman
    I have an iPhone 7 and have done all of the updates. Not noticed any problems with any of them personally. I wonder what percentage of phones are effected. My partners iPhone had a couple of glitches with the first ios11 but 11.1 straightened them out for her.

Unfortunately the more you ask of the software the greater the risk of error. Stands to reason.

Wasn’t the bulk of this update just a security patch the the ‘Home’ sharing issue they had which they disabled on the last update and this just reinstates it.

11.2.2 now available.

11.2.2 downloaded overnight.
    Sounds like it is predominantly a security update.

It'll be interesting to find out what the mysterious IOS 11.2.5 update will actually bring. It's been out in beta form since 11.2.1 was released, and is now in beta 2, with no word from Apple about what it will do or why the version number jump. Forbes are usually reliable . . . https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#735c916f4ba7
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It'll be interesting to find out what the mysterious IOS 11.2.5 update will actually bring. It's been out in beta form since 11.2.1 was released, and is now in beta 2, with no word from Apple about what it will do or why the version number jump. Forbes are usually reliable . . . https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#735c916f4ba7
    A bit more info here......

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/03...to-developers/

I’ve not read the MacRumors article but if I were to guess, the 11.2.5 update will provide support for the HomePod when it eventually gets released.

Thanks my phone hadn’t got this yet so manually updated this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

iOS 11.2.5 now available.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post

The IOS 11.3 beta is already hot on it's heels, including more involved battery monitoring and an option to turn off the so called " throttling".
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I’ve not read the MacRumors article but if I were to guess, the 11.2.5 update will provide support for the HomePod when it eventually gets released.
    Turns out I was right on this. The HomePod goes on sale tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Yet another, what are Apple playing at, it seems there is a new update every ten minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Yet another, what are Apple playing at, it seems there is a new update every ten minutes!
    It includes support for the new HomePod speaker. It’s a long scheduled release that has been in beta for well over a month.

Updated to 11.2.5 yesterday. However when I now switch on airplane mode WiFi stays on. Manually switch off WiFi and it switches back on. Anyone else encountered this?

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Updated to 11.2.5 yesterday. However when I now switch on airplane mode WiFi stays on. Manually switch off WiFi and it switches back on. Anyone else encountered this?
    By manually switch off do you mean via the Control Centre? They did this to bluetooth an update or 2 ago and to turn it off properly you needed to do so in settings, otherwise it was only sort of temporarily off.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Just tried mine and airplane mode still does as it should and turns everything off including WiFi. I have an iphone SE on 11.2.5
    Last edited by oiljam; 26th January 2018 at 16:03.

By manually switch off do you mean via the Control Centre? They did this to bluetooth an update or 2 ago and to turn it off properly you needed to do so in settings, otherwise it was only sort of temporarily off.
    Control centre initially but just tried via settings and exactly same happens. Nothing on for a second or two the WiFi connects

Master
    You’re right, just tried mine again. Airplane mode switches everything off as it should then you can turn on WiFi while still on airplane mode. Another Apple oddity I suppose, much like their new control centre that only partially turns things off. Still not got used to this!

In iOS 11, switching off wifi from Control Centre temporarily disconnects you from the local wifi network until the next day. It does not switch off wifi. The first time you use it you are given a message explaining this. Airplane mode turns off mobile, wifi and bluetooth.

You can turn wifi and bluetooth back on with airplane mode enabled to allow you to use bluetooth devices and airline wifi. If you toggle airplane mode on and off after switching wifi and bluetooth on whilst in airplane mode, they stay on when airplane mode is active. Airplane mode has always worked like this in iOS.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 26th January 2018 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    In iOS 11, switching off wifi from Control Centre temporarily disconnects you from the local wifi network until the next day. It does not switch off wifi. The first time you use it you are given a message explaining this. Airplane mode turns off mobile, wifi and bluetooth.

You can turn wifi and bluetooth back on with airplane mode enabled to allow you to use bluetooth devices and airline wifi. If you toggle airplane mode on and off after switching wifi and bluetooth on whilst in airplane mode, they stay on when airplane mode is active. Airplane mode has always worked like this in iOS.
    Not on mine it doesn't - only mobile data.

It turned wifi off fine prior to 11.2.5. It literally switches all off and within a second, wifi is automatically activated

The IOS 11.3 beta is already hot on it's heels, including more involved battery monitoring and an option to turn off the so called " throttling".
    Can’t come soon enough. My 7+ is far too sluggish but the battery is apparently perfect. Can’t trust Apple anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    Airplane mode switches everything off as it should then you can turn on WiFi while still on airplane mode.
    It has been possible to do that for years. It’s nit particular to iOS 11.

These updates are good aren't they?
    Bwawahahahahahaaaaa!!!!
    When my SE goes Tonto, I'll be going Android.
    Fu*K Apple.

As well as messing up airplane mode on mine it’s absolutely battered the battery. 10% gone in under 10 min browsing.

Airplane mode has always for me switched all off and you can toggle WiFi or BT back on but not mobile data.

From the last major update the only change I’ve had is in normal use turning WiFi or BT off just whites it out and it comes back on next day unless I manually turn it back on, and in airplane mode instead of it going white it just has a line through it.

iOS 11.2.6 now available.

'iOS 11.2.6 includes bug fixes for your iPhone or iPad. This update:

Fixes an issue where using certain character sequences could cause apps to crash

Fixes an issue where some third-party apps could fail to connect to external accessories
    '
    Last edited by Skier; 20th February 2018 at 09:41.