closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iOS 11 Now available

Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    Battery life on my 6s has taken a nosedive. Anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, has been widely reported, hoping for a minor update soon to fix a few things i.e v11.1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would say my battery life has been halved

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    I would say my battery life has been halved
    Agreed - mine is awful now I have it installed. I’ve tried running it down, and also having background refresh for most apps turned off, but no joy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    Battery life on my 6s has taken a nosedive. Anyone else noticed this?

My wife’s 6S has the same. She tried to find an answer on the internet. She found this: It looks as if there’s still a lot going on in the background - certainly when you have a lot of apps. She certainly has.
    Last edited by thieuster; 25th September 2017 at 06:50.

I noticed that battery during night went down 15-20%. Normally, before I installed final release, battery dropped 1%, max 3%. I tried low power mode, but no avail. Finally I took a look what's going on with location services, switched off everything except location sharing and find my phone and now it seems that battery is back to normal - this morning it was 99% and after I went to work listening spotify I have 92%. I suspect either compass calibration or motion activity.

Craftsman
    Updated on my 7.
    Battery life is reduced and I can't get my sky mail but my business Outlook e mail is fine. I'm working on that but looks like I'll haver to delete the account and start again unless anyone has any fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Not sure Geoff, all they said was there is compatability issues with 365 - especially mail. But thats all I know. Its a huge umbrella advertising agency above us, so I assumed they would know their stuff... but the bigger things get it feels the less they do really know!
    Guess it must be WPP seeing as its not the large umbrella agency I work for ;)

I'm on a 7 and I have to say so far battery life seems worse but I'd need to keep more of an eye on things.

A journalist/reviewer on the Forbes website gives the following as a possible reason for the battery drain that many are experiencing. As usual I will wait several weeks before doing the upgrade.

"After you install a new version of iOS, it has to do something called "re-indexing." During this process, iOS 11 will comb through all of the data on your device so that it can be cataloged for quick Spotlight searching. As you can imagine, this takes a lot of processing power and can account for why I'm hearing stories of iPhone 6s' losing half their battery life while sitting idle.

The good news is that both of these things are temporary and, after a few days, you should see battery life return to normal."
    F.T.F.A.

That’s good to know, my 6 lost nearly 20% battery overnight.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    A journalist/reviewer on the Forbes website gives the following as a possible reason for the battery drain that many are experiencing. As usual I will wait several weeks before doing the upgrade.

"After you install a new version of iOS, it has to do something called "re-indexing." During this process, iOS 11 will comb through all of the data on your device so that it can be cataloged for quick Spotlight searching. As you can imagine, this takes a lot of processing power and can account for why I'm hearing stories of iPhone 6s' losing half their battery life while sitting idle.

The good news is that both of these things are temporary and, after a few days, you should see battery life return to normal."
    While I agree that system does indexing and that drains battery, in my experience there must be something else that drains it besides indexing, because indexing might take an hour, two maximum, not days.

Master
    iPhone SE here (new so no real data on it) - no change to performance/battery life, can't really see that much in the way of update really - more of a subtle update.

Does anyone know how to change App Store locations in the new OS?

In addition to my UK account I have a US account to get apps that are only in that store, and now some of them need updating which requires being logged into the US store, but I have no idea how to do that now. Googling hasn't turned up anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Does anyone know how to change App Store locations in the new OS?

In addition to my UK account I have a US account to get apps that are only in that store, and now some of them need updating which requires being logged into the US store, but I have no idea how to do that now. Googling hasn't turned up anything.
    Log out of UK store account and log in into US one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post

Exactly the info my wife found and I was referring to. This exact text is even better.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    Log out of UK store account and log in into US one.
    Thanks. How? There used to be a sign-out button at the bottom of the main app store page, but there's no longer an option there.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Thanks. How? There used to be a sign-out button at the bottom of the main app store page, but there's no longer an option there.
    Click your 'head' icon at top right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Click your 'head' icon at top right.
    Thanks.

Crumbs, what a faff now. It takes me to a webpage in safari and I have to log out of my apple ID and back in again. Two-factor authentication.

And it hasn't updated my apple ID in the app store.

Craftsman
    Great. For reasons unbeknown they have taken playlists out of the podcast app. 😞

Master
    Anyone else got a constantly freezing touch screen on their iphone, seriously driving me nuts even with multiple reboots it is still sticking or lagging on key presses

Master
    There's a new iOS 11.0.1 update out. Release notes mention bug fixes, of particular interest is the Exchange email server bug fix... Installing now.

Craftsman

iOS 11 Now available

Apparently the 11.0.1 update helps battery life and performance on pre-8 iPhones plus iPads. Now it’s out I’m upgrading my 6S and Pro from iOS 10.

Last edited by tswatch66; 26th September 2017 at 23:24.

Master
    Still hasn’t fixed the lag/freeze screen and siri still wont translate anything as cant cope with ‘british’ english yet!

Downloaded 11.0.1 for iPhone 7.
    Thanks for the heads up.

11.0.1 still not addressing half the issues on my 7+. Battery terrible, apps sluggish.

Was only worth downloading for iPad imo.

Hopefully a more stable update comes before Christmas. Beginning to feel like an Android owner.

iOS 11 Now available

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    11.0.1 still not addressing half the issues on my 7+. Battery terrible, apps sluggish.

Was only worth downloading for iPad imo.

Hopefully a more stable update comes before Christmas. Beginning to feel like an Android owner.
    +1 Here for battery life on a 7+

Master
    Battery life has gone down on my 6s and I've never updated it since 9 something or other.

Craftsman
    My mail seems to get stuck now when downloading

iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Mini 4.

The only issue I'm seeing with iOS 11 is that the App Store spends an inordinate amount of time with 'Loading' shown on a blank white screen. Other than that all is good and fast.

I'm not keen on the expanded description of apps - it just takes up more real estate for no real benefit.

Craftsman
    Really like the customisable control center. Now I can set battery saver mode without messing about in settings for example.

IOS 11.0.1 now available (That was quick)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    Been out for two days mate.

Not fixed my battery problem. Gone from 1 charge to 3 charges a day (sigh)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    hearing the same about battery issues across the board, this seems to happen with any major update from apple for incoming new devices from them, I am going to stick with the last 10 update for now, I just cant afford issues right now, as I use it for work and use it all day for job reports and accepting jobs.

on a side note, I have not been around a lot for a while, I need to leave G&D and head to the pit, to really catch up.

soundood incoming

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    hearing the same about battery issues across the board, this seems to happen with any major update from apple for incoming new devices from them, I am going to stick with the last 10 update for now, I just cant afford issues right now, as I use it for work and use it all day for job reports and accepting jobs.

on a side note, I have not been around a lot for a while, I need to leave G&D and head to the pit, to really catch up.

soundood incoming
    You need to come to the next Manchester GTG matey for a real catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post

IOS 11.1 beta is just out, I'd at least wait for the full release of that before updating. Saying that I have a new phone coming next week so I'll be selling my 6 with 10.3.1 intact. From what I read pre-installed 11 seems OK, it's updating that brings the problems, so hopefully the new phone will be OK.
    F.T.F.A.

I was getting poor performance on battery and also the phone was quite sluggish.
    So I did a full encrypted backup via iTunes (so you can save passwords etc), full factory reset and then restore from backup.
    Its a bit of a pain and you have to wait a while for all of the apps to get re-installed.

But it has been a lot better so maybe worth considering.

Been out for two days mate.

Not fixed my battery problem. Gone from 1 charge to 3 charges a day (sigh)

Master
    Battery seems much the same on the Pro 10.5

Master
    Blog Entries
    No way could I put up with this any longer with my iphone 6 plus.

Ive downloaded the full iOS 11.01 ispw and wiped / restored completely. i didnt want to do this and prat around putting everything back since I have 100gb of crap however it is now back to normal speed wise, no freezes or sluggishness.

Will see if the battery improves / returns to normal however it made my iPhone more responsive and back to normal in that respect. No way could I carry on until the X release as it was.

Master
    Had to do the same mine was constantly freezing and needing reboots, since the full reset/resinstall it does seem to be cured, total pain in the **** to have to do it though.

Master
    HEIC photo files on a PC causing a problem!

Master
    On my 7+ the battery life is very much improved and the whole device runs faster too.

Must be lucky I guess! :0)

No way could I put up with this any longer with my iphone 6 plus.

Ive downloaded the full iOS 11.01 ispw and wiped / restored completely. i didnt want to do this and prat around putting everything back since I have 100gb of crap however it is now back to normal speed wise, no freezes or sluggishness.

Will see if the battery improves / returns to normal however it made my iPhone more responsive and back to normal in that respect. No way could I carry on until the X release as it was.
    When you do this is there a way to make sure all the photos go back into the main camera roll and not into a new album?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Restoring backup put them back in the same place. E.g my camera roll has 4000 odd put back into it (same as before restore)

Restoring backup put them back in the same place. E.g my camera roll has 4000 odd put back into it (same as before restore)
    Ah, sorry, misunderstood you. You’re installing fresh but then restoring from backup anyway.

I have 18k photos on my phone and would be an ocd nightmare if they were all in a different album. Will prob install fresh then restore after. Cheers

11.0.2 now available with some bug fixes if your interested...

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Well spotted, and now updating.

Thanks for this will give it a try

Slight improvement but Instagram has crashed 6 times in the last hour. Roll on 11.1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    If you want to check which of your existing apps aren’t compatible with iOS 11, go to Settings > General > About > Applications and there will be a list of those that aren’t going to survive the transition. At least not unless their developer takes pity and fixes compatibility in a future update.

If you can’t see any apps, you don’t have any that are incompatible with iOS 11.

Timefactors App not compatible.
    Really weird i have an app that will not work ( needs an update by the developer )on my ipad but works ok on my i phone
    Both are running 11

Crikey, it's getting hard to keep up with the updates atm :-/

Master
    Put 11.0.2 on my iPhone 6 the other day and wish I hadn't. It's really slow since.