closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS 11 Now available

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name

iOS 11 Now available

Now available on my SE and wondered if anyone has tried it yet?

It's 1.86 Gig.

Might hold off for a few days just to be safe.

B

Master
    I have a fair few apps that the check says will no longer work that is for sure.

Working fine for me so far.

Master

Unhappy

I don't like change.

Craftsman
    Hasn’t bricked my phone or iPad yet.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

V11 disables all 32-bit apps. They won't work anymore unless they've been updated specifically. This includes a number of better know ones, apparently. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41319675

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Working fine for me so far.
    Same here, on iPhone 7 and iPad Pro.
    I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    V11 disables all 32-bit apps. They won't work anymore unless they've been updated specifically. This includes a number of better know ones, apparently. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41319675
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41319675

Just read the same thing,

Apple really do have you by the short tuffty things.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Mini 4 updated and so far, so good. The iPad dock or whatever it's called showing the last used apps will take a little getting used to but no problems whatsoever................so far!

iOS 11 Now available

Been on betas for over a month and have no issues. Not so much of changes apart from control center on phone, on ipad pro new update is quite good - multitasking, new keyboard etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    on ipad pro new update is terrific.
    Totally agree. Happy days indeed.

Arrow

What makes it so good on iPad ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    What makes it so good on iPad ?

If you want to check which of your existing apps aren’t compatible with iOS 11, go to Settings > General > About > Applications and there will be a list of those that aren’t going to survive the transition. At least not unless their developer takes pity and fixes compatibility in a future update.

If you can’t see any apps, you don’t have any that are incompatible with iOS 11.

Timefactors App not compatible.

Master
    Have to agree, it’s a great update on the iPad Pro. The multi screen apps is very handy.

Craftsman

iOS 11 Now available

I'll wait until the first bug fix release ships I think.

Last edited by tswatch66; 19th September 2017 at 23:03.

Blog Entries
    On twitter (Dutch) a few people noticed their iPhone 6 becoming sluggish for the last few days and now, with iOS 11, it's faster than ever before. 'Damaged Goods' strategy from Apple, coercing you to get the download perhaps?

Menno

I've been running the gold master on my 7 plus and it's definitely snappier. No issues here and the control centre changes are the most useful.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    On twitter (Dutch) a few people noticed their iPhone 6 becoming sluggish for the last few days and now, with iOS 11, it's faster than ever before. 'Damaged Goods' strategy from Apple, coercing you to get the download perhaps?

Menno
    Surely if they could do that they would wait longer to encourage you to order an iPhone 8 ? Although if they got caught though the EU fine would be a lot more than VWs I think !

Grand Master
    I ran the beta and now the official release on 2 phones and 2 iPads and all fine
    RIAC

Fine on 6s here.

All good for me, I really like it.

Master

iOS 11 Now available

Fine on iphone 6 but ipad air siri no longer works at all even after i have tried the ‘fixes’ on the web so a bit p**** off

Oh and the translation feature on siri on the phone states it can’t yet do British English so thats mighty useful!

Last edited by nictry; 20th September 2017 at 20:52.

Blog Entries
    Upgraded yesterday and it lost all my photos. I am in the process of having to delete all data and then restore from back up, 200gb's worth. In short a massive ballache. A quick search has shown that I'm not on my own. Upgrade with caution.

Upgraded my 6+ ran slow for about 30 minutes and now it's pretty decent, seems at least as fast as iOS 10.3, pleased with it so far.

My iPhone 7 upgraded just fine but weirdly crashed a few minutes later - never done that before. A quick reboot and it was fine thank goodness. I kind of like it but nothing hugely exciting imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine on iPhone 6+ & 7+, fantastic on iPad Pro 12”, but my wife’s iPad Retina Gen 1 is too old So she suggested I get a new iPad and she’ll have my old one

Rob

The Apple hype-machine will always exaggerate the improvements in each iOS upgrade, so I think it’s fair to say that a lot of it is just a few added features and a bit of polishing on the phone. I agree that the upgrade on the iPad is a bit more of significant step - the new lower dock, and switching/function screen are a big improvement, and HDR massively improves movie viewing.

There is a known issue with problems accessing email using Mail on iOS 11 to access Office365 portal so I won't be updating until this is fixed.

Work is advising not to update if you access a Microsoft account through the native mail app... the stand alone portal app should be working though. Basically they said avoid on the work phones for the time being. I don't have one and will do my own phone in the coming days I would think (but usually forget and it'll be a couple of weeks!) My 6s Battery life has certainly been noticeably worse over the last few months.

^ How so? Outlook working fine for me and no IT warnings from our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    ^ How so? Outlook working fine for me and no IT warnings from our team.
    Not sure Geoff, all they said was there is compatability issues with 365 - especially mail. But thats all I know. Its a huge umbrella advertising agency above us, so I assumed they would know their stuff... but the bigger things get it feels the less they do really know!
    Last edited by OliverCD; 22nd September 2017 at 10:52.

It's a known bug and logged with apple. I upgraded my personal iPad and have a works office 365 account and have not had any problems. May do my phone but knowing my luck ill get the error on that!

Master
    You can run the outlook app on iOS and some dare to say it's better than the in built mail and cal apps.

That said I updated my iPad Pro and now my heatmiser heating app is stuffed :-(

Don't know if this is the bug mentioned but I've problem syncing Outlook calendar via iCloud.

Entries made on PC (Outlook) show up on iPhone/iPad but not vice/versa (though ok between iPad/iPhone).

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Now installed on my SE.
    t’s a little glitchy. Last night and this morning when checking my emails it tends to freeze for a few seconds, also the Arlo App is sluggish to access.

B

Master
    All good here on my 7+, installed yesterday. Lost a couple of old apps but neither are important at all. Most of the changes are inconsequential, I do like the brightness control on the Control Centre however, very nice.

The phone is certainly quicker now.

Updated on the Iphone and I pad.I did mention to the other half that the numbers are now bigger to which she replied "Well that will help you"

Blog Entries

iOS 11 Now available

After updating my IPhone 7 runs like Usain Bolt eyeing up a bowl of quorn

Master
    I think it would be better if when you used the control panel to turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile data, etc that it would actually turn it off rather than partially turn it off. To fully turn it off you have to go into General Settings menu. A bit odd really.

I ran my 6s on the beta and installed the last update a few days before the keynote speech, am I on the last beta update or on the final iOS 11, no updates in settings available?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Runs fine on mine (dunno what I have; a 6 I think). It drew a lot of current from the battery at first, going from 100% to 82% within 15 mins during the installation But it looks as if it's 'normal' again. I cannot vow that it's better or faster.

Menno

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Don't know if this is the bug mentioned but I've problem syncing Outlook calendar via iCloud.

Entries made on PC (Outlook) show up on iPhone/iPad but not vice/versa (though ok between iPad/iPhone).
    I think I had this issue. On my ipad and iphone I set up my ‘email’ under settings > accounts & passwords. I then unclicked mail option with contacts, calendars, reminders and notes clicked on. I access my email on both via office 365.

Under settings > calendar on ipad and iphone, my default calendar is my email calendar (office 365) as opposed to icloud.

This may or may not address your issue but works for, although not tried on PC. Also I have a distinct lack of IT skills and invariably guess the fix.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Loved the fact the Apple TV can be controlled from the control centre until I noticed it only supports ATV 4 onwards.

Battery life is not so good on my iPhone 6 Plus so I've ran it completely down and hoping it sorts itself out

Master
    Have it on my ipad and found a really annoying issue. In a hotel it will no longer connect to an unsecured network. Ie you don't get the safari page up to login to the hotel system. Having googled it looks like people have reported this back in the beta. I’ve seen no mention as to if this is a security thing by Apple or just a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Have it on my ipad and found a really annoying issue. In a hotel it will no longer connect to an unsecured network. Ie you don't get the safari page up to login to the hotel system. Having googled it looks like people have reported this back in the beta. I’ve seen no mention as to if this is a security thing by Apple or just a bug.
    Works fine for me?

I seem to remember there is something in network preferences that can be set to prevent connection to unsecured networks?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    I just connected to the unsecured lounge in Schipol so I don’t think it is just an unsecured network as I have had a problem before when will connect but not get email when unsecured but other times works OK so I think is something not quite as simple as just an unsecured network.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Back home now so don’t really need to think about it for a while. My iPhone, the wife’s iPhone and iPad were still all on iOS 10 and had no issues so not sure what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I think I had this issue. On my ipad and iphone I set up my ‘email’ under settings > accounts & passwords. I then unclicked mail option with contacts, calendars, reminders and notes clicked on. I access my email on both via office 365.

Under settings > calendar on ipad and iphone, my default calendar is my email calendar (office 365) as opposed to icloud.

This may or may not address your issue but works for, although not tried on PC. Also I have a distinct lack of IT skills and invariably guess the fix.
    Thanks, might try that but I really want to use Apple calendar app (which was working before update), not Office 365 Outlook calendar.

Battery life on my 6s has taken a nosedive. Anyone else noticed this?