closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.co.uk

What does this mean ?

"An attempt was made to deliver your parcel, but it could not be delivered because the location was closed"

I've been there or thereabouts near my home for 90% of the day. I have 3 or 4 neighbours who regularly take in my parcels.
    None of them mentioned and I never saw, a roadblock at either end of my street ?
    Curious one that is ....??

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    What does this mean ?

"An attempt was made to deliver your parcel, but it could not be delivered because the location was closed"

I've been there or thereabouts near my home for 90% of the day. I have 3 or 4 neighbours who regularly take in my parcels.
    None of them mentioned and I never saw, a roadblock at either end of my street ?
    Curious one that is ....??
    Delivery driver couldn't be bothered to deliver your parcel (wanted to get home for his tea/second job/etc, so made up an excuse?

Are you expecting something?

I've had a lot of spam recently purporting to come from auto-shipping@amazon.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Are you expecting something?

I've had a lot of spam recently purporting to come from auto-shipping@amazon.co.uk.
    Yes I am. That was the message seen as I caught up with the tracking info.

I had one of these on Friday last week. We have electronic car gates shared between 4 houses and a side gate which is never locked. I can only assume he pushed the gate, found it to be resistant and therefore locked and got the same text message (as I was sat in the study at the front of the house and saw him accelerating up the road.

My alternate delivery instructions read: "Try pulling the gate towards you". It was delivered next day.

Master
    Can't help with that particular message but my last 2 deliveries from Amazon Logistics were delayed without giving me a reason. On both occasions they emailed me near the end of the day when items were expected to arrive, just to say that they intended to deliver that day but now it would be delayed by 1 or 2 days. The following day (both occasions) I received emails telling me they would be delivering that day. In the first case they did deliver to my next door neighbour as instructed but in the second case they didn't bother following the same instruction and instead I got an email telling me they tried to deliver but there was no one available so they would try again the following day. Not overly impressed with my recent experiences with them.

Call customer services, they usually have a good idea of what's happening.

Master
    Blog Entries
    As said it's got be the driver could not be ar53d!

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    "Try pulling the gate towards you".
    He probably got extremely confused at trying to pull the gate away from him .

Clever mind games, this
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    A bit off topic but on a couple of occasions the local council missed collecting my garden bin when it should have and the reason when checked on their website was "bin not presented". This translates to bin not being placed at the edge of the driveway which is what they require. Now that they charge us extra for garden rubbish annually, I wasn't going to accept that because using my CCTV I could prove it was a lie. Second time round I complained on their website saying I have footage the bin was placed at the correct place the night before and didn't move at all. Made them collect it the very next day and hasn't happened again.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Don't the driver get paid peanuts and only get paid piece rate. They want a fast delivery or it costs them.

Journeyman
    I was expecting a parcel last week. Heard the letterbox go and wander out to see a delivery card on the mat telling me that it's been left next door. Next door is empty and up for sale. Notification on phone says it was handed to me! Appears that they must have put it through next door and then realised the error. Replacement has now arrived thankfully

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I've had that quite a few times, even had the " no one at home, card left" on the website when I've been home all day and no delivery. No card left and no one came to door when checking CCTV after. Lying sods.

If the package is with Hermes, good luck. They are awful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Noaksey View Post
    I was expecting a parcel last week. Heard the letterbox go and wander out to see a delivery card on the mat telling me that it's been left next door. Next door is empty and up for sale. Notification on phone says it was handed to me! Appears that they must have put it through next door and then realised the error. Replacement has now arrived thankfully
    Similar thing happened to me few weeks ago. Ordered something that didn't arrrive. After enough waiting I requested a refund which I promptly received so bought the same item from a different seller. Next door neighbours returned from holiday a week later and handed me the item. Had been pushed through their letter box. It was correctly named and addressed so totally the postman's fault. I informed the original seller and they let me keep it for free as it wasn't something expensive.

I've found the opposite. A failed delivery for whatever reason in the afternoon and they'll be back in the evening on their way home to deliver it. I was under the impression everything had to be delivered, or else. I had one poor guy come back begging to see the packaging so he could photo the label to prove delivery.