closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bitten by the Unitas bug

Bitten by the Unitas bug

I appear to be going through another phase. I have a real hankering for a watch with a Unitas 6497 in it, with some decoration and a display caseback. I can forsake the sub-seconds hand for a California-style dial - the PRS-20C comes perilously close to this but a display back is a must for me (I'm rather base).

So far, the closest I've seen are the likes of Stowa and Tourby, the Stowa especially looks fantastic. I'm not locked to the flieger style. I'd really consider Eddie's B-Uhr, however my wrists aren't built for the lug presence.

Are there any pieces I'm overlooking? What other indy manufacturers are out there, still putting the good old Unitas to work?

Staudt in one low country or the other are a fairly new company, assembling themselves, with what seem to be quality parts

https://monochrome-watches.com/staud...-review-price/

The dials look lovely and subtle, but I would like a bit more crispness to the shaping of the case

Have a look at UTS ?
    I have a Commander that came via Watchscout of this parish. Its been a superb daily wearer.

Archimede and of course Dornbluth

Eberhard Traversetolo Vitre?
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Steinhart Nav-B do a display back.

Kemmner Flieger Mechanik has a Unitas 6498-1 with display back and geneva stripes, not sure how different the movements are to the 6497? -

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Kemmner Flieger Mechanik has a Unitas 6498-1 with display back and geneva stripes, not sure how different the movements are to the 6497? -
    I have an Archimede Deck watch with a Unitas movement, which I think is the 6498-2, which the original owner paid extra for. They don't offer this upgrade now, saying that they use the 6498. The movement they show is undecorated and doesn't have blued screws, I suspect that this may be a typo and they use the 6497. Also the bpm of the base Unitas is 18,000 whereas the 6498-2 is 21,600 IIRC. They also use the movement in a couple of other watches. Archimede here. The movement has a robust feel to it when winding and setting, which only takes a minute or two.

F.T.F.A.

Davosa Pontus is another for the list. Has exhibition back also.

nabbed an old pocketwatch from fleabay as well as a case and dial and put this together myself.

*6497/8 one has sub sec @6 and one @ 9
    Last edited by pugster; 18th September 2017 at 20:09.

Bitten by the Unitas bug

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    nabbed and old pocketwatch from fleabay as well as a case and dial and put this together myself.

Not sure about anyone else but the images aren't showing for me (and it sounds like an interesting project).

Ignore that, now they are

It looks great, where did you get the hands from?
    Last edited by alfat33; 18th September 2017 at 20:12.

Steinhart do a premium nav b with cut out dial numbers and a beautiful modified Unitas movement which is greyed