closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VR.....Heeeeeeeelp !

Master

VR.....Heeeeeeeelp !

I'll really like to try VR and to that end I've been looking for a site that does an 'An Idiots Guide to VR'....but I can't find one.

My mobile is an old one, a iPhone 5s, which I'm pretty sure is useless for VR.

I don't mind paying a modest amount for a VR headset, but which one.

But then what....

Do I download VR to my MacBook, if so from where, is it free or do I have to pay?

Do I plug the headset into my Mac?

Do I.....?

Do I.....?

I see that YouTube do VR, is it free and how do I get it to the headset?

Is VR worth the expense or is it overrated?

Are there suppliers of VR content, for instance as one would buy a DVD?

I really DO need educating.

TAI

Google cardboard if you just want to play around. It's basic and does the job.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The kids got me a National Geographic head set holder thing for christmas. Don't think it was too dear.

There's an app from them that has a few nature VR videos too.

Tagging along to follow the outcome on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    Google cardboard if you just want to play around. It's basic and does the job.
    I'd agree with Geoff. Google Cardboard and have a play with the YouTube VR videos. Don't know if this will all work with an iPhone as I'm an Android guy (well not literally, but you know what I mean)...

Journeyman
    I agree. Google cardboard is easiest to try and play around. Also Samsung vr is not that expensive imo. I still think that there is not enough material available for this.

I tried sony vr for ps4 and kinect but graphic for gaming is really bad.. il wait a year or two before i buy something

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocka View Post
    I agree. Google cardboard is easiest to try and play around. Also Samsung vr is not that expensive imo. I still think that there is not enough material available for this.

I tried sony vr for ps4 and kinect but graphic for gaming is really bad.. il wait a year or two before i buy something
    I disagree, the graphics are brilliant on the PS4 VR and if you already have a PS4, it's a no brainer buying PS VR.

If you just want to play around and have an Android phone then as others have said, Google cardboard is the best option; unless you have a Samsung phone - then you can buy a Galaxy VR which is better built and more comfortable.

If you want to go the whole hog then a PC set up with HTC Vive or Occulus VR is your best option, but it's a heavy investment.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    I disagree, the graphics are brilliant on the PS4 VR and if you already have a PS4, it's a no brainer buying PS VR.
    Compared to what? i have ps4 and my plan was to buy PS4 VR but after some tests i decide that graphic is not good enough compared to standard 1080p tv.

Master
    Compared to what? i have ps4 and my plan was to buy PS4 VR but after some tests i decide that graphic is not good enough compared to standard 1080p tv.
    How can you compare a TV to a VR headset? It's a totally different experience.

There's nothing on the market that can match the PS VR's value for money.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    How can you compare a TV to a VR headset? It's a totally different experience.

There's nothing on the market that can match the PS VR's value for money.
    Sorry but until i will not see through VR the same quality what i have on tv i will not buy it.. if i play games i want good quality of graphics not what we have atm with VR...for some people is this enough but im not satisfied..

but hey this is just my opinion...if you are satisfied with the quality fell free to ted and buy.. :)

PSVR is somewhere between DVD and HD ready, and HD content. The resolution is far better than the resolution of some of the videos (ahem) I've watched on my phone and the experience with them is very mixed - excellent to poor. I imagine it is the content rather than outright resolution that will make or break PSVR, and the reviews so far say content is not as good as it could be, I think.

I'd be pretty sure a 5s could do youtube VR with cardboard (or any other cheap £10 headset you can get on amazon), so try it out!

Grand Master
    Samsung S7 + Gear VR Oculus headset.....loads of good VR stuff.

Headset bought unopened off a guy who upgraded to Samsung S7 for £15,headset was included in the upgrade,but he didn't want it.

Showed mine to the lads at work and they were impressed,some bought headsets to fit there phones and weren't impressed!.My S7 + Oculus is very good.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 20th September 2017 at 17:42.

Sorry but until i will not see through VR the same quality what i have on tv i will not buy it.. if i play games i want good quality of graphics not what we have atm with VR...for some people is this enough but im not satisfied..

but hey this is just my opinion...if you are satisfied with the quality fell free to ted and buy.. :)
    It’s your loss then.

I recently got a PSVR to go with my PS4. It is incredible. With a decent pair of headphones, it feels like total immersion. It really takes gaming to the next level.

It might not be perfect but it is definitely worthwhile. If your reason for not getting it is the current resolution, you’re really ‘cutting off your nose to spite your face’. Gaming isn’t just about the graphics.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Samsung S7 + Gear VR Oculus headset.....loads of good VR stuff.

Headset bought unopened off a guy who upgraded to Samsung S7 for £15,headset was included in the upgrade,but he didn't want it.

Showed mine to the lads at work and they were impressed,some bought headsets to fit there phones and weren't impressed!.My S7 + Oculus is very good.
    I've just got a S8 with a free gear VR, admittedly I still haven't really got the hang of it yet, but trial VR I find very poor. Picture quality leaves a lot to be desired.
    Where are you getting the"good VR stuff" as I'm struggling to bond with it.