closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sales Corner & Dealers?

Banned

Sales Corner & Dealers?

I know I'm new, so likely to be ridiculed for daring to ask a question, but I've done as best research as I can, by reading stickies and trying to search, but it's drawn a blank. The rules seem to state any dealer should state such in the title of a post. Dealer seems to be classified as either known ones, or (quote) sell more than three items per week. If a seller falls into those categories, they are required to make a set contribution. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

So I'm sure there's a few instances which could be pointed out, but a post over the weekend with multiple items has led to me asking the question. No mention of the term dealer, or payment of the 10%. Is it therefore three posts per week, three items per week, does it not apply to all, does it make a difference what is offered, or is it just get away with it whilst you can? Thanks.
    Last edited by sarky; 18th September 2017 at 11:23.

Doesn't apply to the 'good guys', especially if people think they're getting a bargain.

It doesn't seen to be enforced too rigidly (I imagine Eddie's priorities may have changed since then) and it gives people something to complain about when it suits them. I'd be happy with a flat 10% for all items, then the fundraiser would benefit from all the expensive watches and cars that get sold here without a donation, in addition to someone selling four items of 'tat'. It would also discourage the chancers, but as with the original rule someone needs to enforce it.
    Last edited by bonzo697; 18th September 2017 at 14:32.

The rules are enforced as and when the site owner deems it necessary to do.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Why is sudden concern OP?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Why is sudden concern OP?
    Nothing sudden, was just browsing and wondered. I wouldn't want to buy from someone breaking the rules, but seems a case of trial and error.

Vote with your money then, simple, unless you would like to question how the forum is run, which may be not a good idea since it's not a democracy.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Banned
    Vote with your money then, simple, unless you would like to question how the forum is run, which may be not a good idea since it's not a democracy.
    I asked a simple question, no need for dramatics.

Quote Originally Posted by sarky View Post
    Do you not have anything more important in your life to worry about than how sales corner is run on this forum? Reeks of you trying to stir the pot and lets not pretend you are new here either eh?

It wouldn't be TZ if there wasn't dramatics.

No dramatics at all, since you're new here I thought I'd tell you how it works, sort of a friendly member to member advice, however I can sense a bit of annoyance and even hostility in your reply. Perhaps it is not what you wanted to hear or achieve?
    Last edited by VDG; 18th September 2017 at 17:27.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Think OP has got confused with their various accounts. This one was supposed to be the one that made us think they were a currently silent and much missed forum member reappearing under a fresh log-in. It was one of their other ones which was supposed to be for the "I'm new here" schtick.

Banned
    No dramatics at all, since you're new here I thought I'd tell you how it works, sort of a friendly member to member advice, however I can sense a bit of annoyance and even hostility in your reply. Perhaps it is not what you wanted to hear or achieve?
    If only, but just adds to the backstabbing views I've gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Think OP has got confused with their various accounts. This one was supposed to be the one that made us think they were a currently silent and much missed forum member reappearing under a fresh log-in. It was one of their other ones which was supposed to be for the "I'm new here" schtick.
    Why would someone have more than one log in? I assure you, reading the rubbish many post, one is more than enough lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Do you not have anything more important in your life to worry about than how sales corner is run on this forum? Reeks of you trying to stir the pot and lets not pretend you are new here either eh?
    More important? Took me a couple of minutes to type the post. I assure you it wasn't time consuming, nor intellecually difficult. Why is it so bad to check rules? Or could you direct me to the clique that doesn't involve any?

Grand Master
    OP's raised a fair point.

What constitutes a dealer? It's not simply a case of posting 3 items in quick succession, a more damning criteria is a total lack of posts other than Sales or WTB posts. Eddie weeds some of the blatant culprits out but some still slip through.

Paul

Apparently luggage is not subject to the 'prices not to be deleted when the item is sold' rule.