closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: So obvious... now

So obvious... now

So like a lot of people on here I've gone through my fair share of watches but over the last couple of years I came to realise I just need a small core collection and so I've whittled everything down to four pieces that I really like. These are

Rolex Exp II 216570 black face
    Grand Seiko Diver SBGA029
    Omega SMP - 2264 electric blue dial worn on rubber
    Grand Seiko Quartz SBGX089

However I've been trying for a while to add something with a bit of a different colour as these all have dark dials. Not having much left in the watch fund has restricted this a bit and I've tried bits and pieces but nothing I've picked up is ever likely to get any wrist time so they've quickly left. Still think that another GS, an older SBGF017, might work but not had any luck tracking one down at a reasonable price. Toyed with the idea of a Sinn again but had U1, UX, 857 etc before so there's probably a reason I don't still have one. A stowa or tutima... maybe. Like the idea of a Ball and the tritium tubes but again nothing really grabs me, the white dialled NECC maybe? Liked the idea of the new Longines VHP but they're not about yet.

Anyway over the weekend I think the perfect solution eventually dawned on me. Keeps my collection at the magic number , shouldn't cost too much and I get I keep my favourites...

Basically I just need to swap one of my four for the same watch in a different colour! So obvious really, not sure why I hadn't really considered it properly before.

So the options as I see it

Black Exp II for the polar version
    Or
    SBGX089 for the silver/grey SBGX091

Could swap the SMP but i like the blue too much and much better to swap one of the thee black dials.

I assume the values of each version are pretty similar so just need to decide which one to try and find, I like them both so still not an easy decision.

So which one do I swap? Right now the Polar Exp is calling me... (but I still love the discrete black version)
    Last edited by catflap; 17th September 2017 at 23:03.

Journeyman
    i'd go with the white exp 2.

or a great white.