closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you own your favourite watch?

Journeyman
    I was after a Subc Date but a non Date came up.
    So yes I do in a roundabout way

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Probably a no for me, I think my favourite watch would be an AP ROO Arnie edition but I could never justify the cost (or actually afford one).

Journeyman
    It's a no for me too but I am closing in. Right now my favourite is a SD and I'm hoping to have one by Christmas............just hope the big man has seen that I've been a good boy.

Yes. Well the closest I will ever get to a Milisub

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Yes. AP ROO diver in both standard dial variants.
    It's been my favourite for a few years but I'd always been put off because the they have a bit of a reputation for being rapper watches plus servicing is mythically eye watering. It's actually not that bad.
    Eventually I just thought eff it. What's the point in having a grail that you could get but choose not to because Rolex is the safer option.
    I still love my 1680 and wear it occasionally but the fit finish and comfort of the APs makes them my go-to's.
    I wish I'd just done it sooner before all the obnoxious price rises. :-/

Stunning pair, well impressed with those. AP might have to feature now!

Yes, but only recently. A decent Heuer 3647s has always been on my radar, but I have always put off buying one as it always seemed a bit expensive, or there was something not quite right with the deal.

In the end, I thought what one watch would I like to own, or recommend to a friend as my 'favourite'. No regrets as it is an absolute peach, and whilst I've had to sell others to justify it, I've come to realise this was my grail.

Blog Entries
    It's been my favourite for a few years but I'd always been put off because the they have a bit of a reputation for being rapper watches plus servicing is mythically eye watering. It's actually not that bad.
    Eventually I just thought eff it. What's the point in having a grail that you could get but choose not to because Rolex is the safer option.
    I still love my 1680 and wear it occasionally but the fit finish and comfort of the APs makes them my go-to's.

What model are these please?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    Yes, but only recently. A decent Heuer 3647s has always been on my radar, but I have always put off buying one as it always seemed a bit expensive, or there was something not quite right with the deal.

In the end, I thought what one watch would I like to own, or recommend to a friend as my 'favourite'. No regrets as it is an absolute peach, and whilst I've had to sell others to justify it, I've come to realise this was my grail.

That is very nice, I would love one of those.

Banned
    Don't think I even have a favourite at the moment. Maybe an Omega Seamaster 300, one of the old ones. But then I would want a mint one and probably wouldn't wear it because of its value.
    Last edited by James_; 4th October 2017 at 20:26.

Master
    I'm not sure a watch could actually be a favorite if you don't have ownership experience. Some that seem great on paper are terrible to own.

I have a mint, full set, April 2000 16710 GMT2 Pepsi and it has non SEL. I believe it changed around then to SEL. However I don’t mind, and absolutely love the Watch. There is nothing I would change it for. It’s totally charming.

I also have a Blnr which I think personally is the best modern Rolex money can buy. It wears chunkier than the 16710 and has a bit more bling.

I also got my wife a midsize Plat/SS Yacht-Master which she has worn constantly for 8 years. It looks as good today as it did when I bought her it. There’s nothing she would change it for.

We are both delighted with our watches.

Master
    Yep, this is my all time favourite and I wear it the most too.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Yep, this is my all time favourite and I wear it the most too.
    Ok ok I take it back, THIS is my favourite watch and no I dont own it!

I had successfully blocked it out due to never being able to afford it :)

Such a classic! Well done, mate!

-flugzeit

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Ok ok I take it back, THIS is my favourite watch and no I dont own it!

I had successfully blocked it out due to never being able to afford it :)
    Ditto!! Amazing watch, amazing pictures also.

Craftsman
    Yeah, I have 2 of my favourite watch, both were gifts, one from my boss and one from the girlfriend

An original 1969 Zenith el Primero and a 38mm re-issue

sorry for the poor pic..

Blog Entries
    I know these aren't everyone's cup of tea but I fell in love with Ceramic green Sub when they first appeared. I decided to treat myself for my 50th (a year early) and even my wife approved. This is truly the only watch I can say is a keeper, and after 2 1/2 years I still love the way it catches the light.

Quote Originally Posted by krusty View Post
    This is a favourite of mine. I have about 60 watches and a lot more expensive than this, but I just like the way the damn thing looks. I even like the way, when using the chrono', it un-winds when resetting. Though it can be annoying at times, when cooking, waiting for the reset to zero.

]

That's a good looking thing.

Mitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I'm not sure a watch could actually be a favorite if you don't have ownership experience. Some that seem great on paper are terrible to own.
    I agree with this, so yes I do own my favourite watch. Will it always be my favourite, who knows.

Master

I was about to post on this thread about the same model - I'm lucky enough to have two 3647S and although I own watches that would fetch more on the market, none are worth so much to me as my 1965 (birth year) 3647. It's just lovely, and I was fortunate enough to get it about five years back when prices weren't stupid.

Craftsman
    Grail would be (most probably) this:

but I am never going to own one.

My current favourite in my price range is already in my little "collection".

Bit "marmite" I know, but I think it's plain gorgeous.

Rolex Oysterquartz (17000) stainless steel beater; Cartier Santos quartz in steel/gold for dress wear; Audemars Piguet Huitième chronograph in yellow gold; Glashütte Original Senator Excellence (classic dial) in steel; Glashütte Original Panoreserve (blue dial) in steel.
    Need more . . . .
    Last edited by Yokel; 24th September 2017 at 14:09.

Master
    Like Ally my favourite daily watch is my BLNR, a great looking watch for suit or shorts. Grail no, as I have so many more I want to own when the right one comes along - Tudor Sub/JLC moonphase - or when I hit the top of the list - SS Sky dweller blue face. But then it may all change again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get back to you on that in a few years....

Craftsman
    Yep. Just got it last week.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy1 View Post
    I'll get back to you on that in a few years....
    Now, tell me: do you?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Own what was his favourite watch then or what is now his favourite watch?

I know the thread is old, but as it's been revised I'll give my answer!

No I don't, that would probably be the VC Overseas 3 hander with the blue dial, and I fear I've missed the boat on that one. Or the ultra thin skeleton gold version if we're being outrageous.

I do believe I own my favourite in the sub-£10k price bracket (after all I picked it.. so that sort of makes sense).

Grand Master
    I don't have a favourite watch. I like watches, they all have merits, so whatever is on my wrist is my current favourite, if I have to label it so ..
    /vince ..

I sold both my favourite watches when I was going through a tough time and I will likely never own them again now. A '71 Speedy and a Grand Seiko SBGR095.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Nearly 5 years later its still my favourite watch so I am at least consistent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    My current favourite is the DSSD d blue. But it is constantly being jostled for that position .

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Like C I still own this, and have added the 126660 JC to the collection. However. I do seem to be dipping in my interest in watches ATM. Maybe I need some watch retail therapy.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    This is my favourite watch as I was married in it, deployed on several operations and I was wearing it at the birth of my daughter.

No. "Aim high" they said. Panerai 3646, Rolex Milsub, and a pre-moon Speedmaster 105.012 are my 3 absolute favourites. But like most of us mortal beings with limited funds, I'm just going to have to stick with some more reasonably priced counterparts

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    My grail is the Pepsi GMT, unfortunately I don't own one but I have over a hundred other watches to console myself with.
    I have a submariner, 1984, and a couple of Tudor watches though so if anyone fancies a trade.
    Rolex prices are completely stupid now so even though I have the dosh I just can't bear to pay £6,000 for a watch which after all is just another watch .
    HAHA!

Master
    Wow thread from the depths. I answered 5 years ago about a bulgari, which I have subsequently owned and sold. I think the correct answer for me is always my last watch. Though I do love my sub and Daytona and those are core. My latest and therefore my current favourite

Master
    I think my favourite watch is the IWC MkXI, never owned one. But I'm very fond of my XII.

Yes, 124060 Sub, my favourite Omega is the Speedy Tuesday v1. I had one for a short time and would like another one day.

I'm very happy to own my favourite watch, must be for over 10 years now, and thanks to this very forum......

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

I own a Speedmaster which is probably my second favourite watch. My absolute favourite though is the pre-ceramic Pepsi GMT, but like poster above, always thought it was too much to spend on a watch. At the price they are now I'd probably never wear it out in the open anyway. When the Tudor GMT came out I wasn't really sure about it but when used ones were appearing on the forum at a decent saving I thought I'd give one a try. I've had mine now for nearly a year and love it, it's a much more durable and usable watch than the Speedmaster and has been my daily wear ever since.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

I think I can safely say yes.

The one that got me here and wanted since I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is still here, despite a wobble over the summer when I started to wonder if I could ever take it overseas again,

in every other respect than "days worn per year" it is still the favourite. This takes that crown.

I would not swap either of these for anything in their brand's current catalogue.

I have been on a journey with this watch as hopefully the end point. I thought it would be very nice to own but only get occasionally worn, but in fact I find myself wearing it most days. I just love the balance of the design, the comfort and the fact it's so under the radar.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I reckon that those who like military watches, and especially aviation watches, fall into broadly two camps: Those who think that the IWC 6B/346 MKXI is obviously the best simple military watch ever made and those who think that it's clearly the Omega 6b/542 1953 Fat Arrow. For me it's the Omega all the way and thus:

Don't get me wrong, I think both are stunning at the front, but ultimately it's the movement. Don't get me wrong, the Cal.89 is a beauty, but it's a bit fiddly while the thirty series Omega is effortless.
    Last edited by M4tt; 6th February 2022 at 12:24.

Alas no.

I've two favourites. One I will never own.

The white and black Snoopy Omega Speedmaster. I saw one once when I went into a boutique. It was destined for its new owner but they allowed me a look. So far up my street I can't begin to express.
    Pic stolen from Monochrome Watches:

The other appears to be fairly rare. The panda Navitimer Cosmonaute. I've seen one once and regret not going for it at the time - it was about £2k at the time. As you can see, white dials with black accents seem to be my thing. Hopefully the Cosmonaute is realistic one day.

Yep, new GMT on jubilee.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes and no. I have always wanted a GMT master since I was a kid. My mares dad had one and always said it was a proper watch. He wore it everywhere, for any occasion.

I have one (BLNR) but with the crazy market value on these I don’t feel comfortable travelling in it and using it as intended.

Real world problems I suppose.

Middle one: 1956 Smiths GS De Luxe

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Yep.

The Breguet Type XX. Such theatre to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Ooh spilling tea! Throwing shade! And other drag queen-y things.

:-)