closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Took the dive on a new Samsung Note 8 today...

Took the dive on a new Samsung Note 8 today...

Regular price is $960.00, but with the trade-in of my immaculate Note 5, the price was $480.00, or $20.00 per month with a new two-year contract. In addition, I'll be receiving a free wireless charging pad and a memory card to install. I'm looking forward to tinkering with it to see how it performs in the coming weeks. I'll report back (even though I'm far from being a "power user").

I've also decided to order one of these two R-JUST camo cases for protection ("once a Marine..."):

As I'm just deciding whether to get the Note 8, I'm looking forward to reading what you think of it.

That case should help it survive any number of disasters .

Craftsman
    This thread interests me greatly, I'll be checking back regularly.

I'm currently still on the note 4, the upgrade to 7 was cancelled after the slight issue it had :D will wait and see where prices go on this side of the pond as I'm currently sim only deal.

This Note 8 is gorgeous for cruising on the internet! And I'm not even using the full 4K resolution! I love how the display wraps around the sides slightly...maximum space utilization.

I was a user of the original Note and liked its broad width. Although the Note 8 boasts a 6.3 inch display, I'm not sure it's any wider than the original.

So far I'm stoked!

Looking at one today in JL, looks good but just too big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Looking at one today in JL, looks good but just too big for me.
    Too big? I wish mine was at least 1/4 inch wider!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Too big? I wish mine was at least 1/4 inch wider!
    Don't we all

Journeyman
    Have been using mine for around 24 hours now and I have to say it's a big step up from my previous phone (S7 Edge). Infinity display is very impressive, battery life has also been fantastic. Would recommend!

Sent from my SM-N950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    A sample picture from the fantastic camera

Master
    I've got the Note 4 which has been a great phone. Very tempted to get the 8 but not sure I want to pay the asking price! May leave it another 12 months and look again.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I've got the Note 4 which has been a great phone. Very tempted to get the 8 but not sure I want to pay the asking price! May leave it another 12 months and look again.
    Same here, I've been using my Note 4 for almost 3 years and I can't think of anything to replace it with other than the Note 8. Went to check one out in my local Samsung store last week and the screen is fantastic. Only 2 things I can't accept right now; the SIM free price and non-removable battery. I normally carry a spare battery with me, which I guess a power bank can do. However I'm not sure what the life of the Note 8 battery will be with every day use. I can't see lasting longer than 18-24 months. With the phone being IP68, will/do Samsung offer a battery replacement service like Apple?

A trade in service like the OPs would be nice but I can't see Samsung offering much more than £100.

Quote Originally Posted by billlo View Post
    A trade in service like the OPs would be nice but I can't see Samsung offering much more than £100.
    Yes, I had my Note 5 for 30-36 months, and my cell carrier (Verizon) gave me 50% off the list price of the near-$1,000.00 Note 8!

New Note 8 user here also, in fact I started a thread about it this morning, though mine is more about transitioning from iOS to Android.

I have to say I'm impressed so far, especially with the camera(s). The size is surprisingly a non-issue, I would say the weight is much more noticeable, it's heavy compared to my previous phones.

I bought the Samsung clear stand case to put it in but I'm already thinking of changing it as it adds to the weight and the flappy front cover keeps getting in the way! It looks nice though, I have to say.

Craftsman
    Still dithering over the note 8, anymore updatest or reviews from anyone now it's been another 6-8 weeks or so?

Still love mine. No issues.

Master
    Had one returned it as it's the only phone I could get in the UK with dual SIM and dual app support right off the bat. The screen really is gorgeous and very zippy to use. Love the always on analogue clock which doubled as a bedside clock with dual time zone function too!

In the end though, I'm not sure how much use I'd get with the s-pen so returned it and waiting for the oneplus 5T to land.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk