Thread: Military Watch Auction

Military Watch Auction

Hi
    Not sure if you get these but there is a watch auction on 19Sept
    https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...ontent=catlink

Regards

DCC

Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone

Buyers additional commission /vat charge of 31%....is this normal? Probably going to take a look as I'm nearby.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    No pictures of movements. No way to tell if all movement parts are in place as these have been gutted for crowns etc. Stupidly high fees.

Went to have a look at this auction at one of the preview days.i can tell you that of the watches I looked at (6) none of them ran.....was told only a couple did and these were the omegas apparently.only found a record watch that ran and had a loose caseback and on closer inspection the movement was not in good condition.

Thanks @amcneill, appreciated.

So I went to the auction and.....the prices were crazy.Either I don't know something or I'm in the wrong game.Remember you have to add on 27% in person or 31% if bidding online to the following prices.Two omega dials one fat and one thin for £2400.Biscuit tin full of spare parts(I saw a Hamilton case,omega dial,Mil caseback and a nice jaeger movement) £4400.Ten watch cases(no caseback,no glass,no crowns and most without tubes)£2800.Nearly all the watches and items were in poor condition requiring some work doing to them.

Craftsman
    That's more tha. a bit mental.

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    So I went to the auction and.....the prices were crazy.Either I don't know something or I'm in the wrong game.Remember you have to add on 27% in person or 31% if bidding online to the following prices.Two omega dials one fat and one thin for £2400.Biscuit tin full of spare parts(I saw a Hamilton case,omega dial,Mil caseback and a nice jaeger movement) £4400.Ten watch cases(no caseback,no glass,no crowns and most without tubes)£2800.Nearly all the watches and items were in poor condition requiring some work doing to them.