closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Carl F Bucherer

Craftsman

Carl F Bucherer

Good afternoon all

I was in an AD yesterday having a browse (Watch Gallery) and apparently they have been purchased by the above mentioned brand who have their own range of watches.

Apologies if they're well known but certainly a new brand to me. Apparently they've been featured in a few films recently (John Wick 2).

I had a look at a few and was rather taken with the watch below which had the most incredible blue sunburst dial. Unfortunately this doesn't show up in my crappy iPhone pics which were taken in a rush as I always feel a bit of a berk taking pictures in AD's!

It also had an interesting feature on the automatic movement in that there is no large half moon "rotor" blocking out half the movement but instead it uses a thin "rotor" (sorry, probably wrong word) which runs around the edge. The salesman told me the name for this but I've completely forgotten. Again, not something I've come across before.

It was a rather hefty £5,100 but seemed very good quality from my short viewing. I rather liked it as something a bit different to the norm.

Any current or previous owners on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was put on to them when I was in a Watch Gallery a couple of months ago. They look intriguing watches and one of the next ones I'm considering. Their Tourbillon looks good value.

Bucherer purchased The Watch Gallery in March (if I recall).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Apologies if they're well known but certainly a new brand to me. Apparently they've been featured in a few films recently (John Wick 2).
    They were also heavily featured / plugged in 'Atomic Blonde', which is a lot of fun. Definitely a big marketing push going on.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    They were also heavily featured / plugged in 'Atomic Blonde', which is a lot of fun. Definitely a big marketing push going on.
    Ah yes! Salesmen mentioned Atomic Blonde also, will have to give that a watch (pun intended!)

Another revived vintage brand. Look ok.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I think they produce great watches. They used to have their own boutique in a high end store in Bangkok and I had a good mooch around there on a few occasions. I thought quality wise they were up there with the best. Alas, it sadly closed and I'm not sure they are represented in Thailand anymore (seems a fate shared by a few brands recently)? However, I did find some of the models I liked rather on the large size. I never saw them in the UK before I moved here but I would suggest it's a welcome addition that they are now available there. The brand has a fine history.