closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bugger - holiday beater, beaten.

Master
    Blog Entries

Bugger - holiday beater, beaten.

First holiday for the recently purchased Seiko SRP775.

Put it on the side table on top of a pair of shorts and the good lady puts the bed pillows on top while I'm showering. Got back from the shower, still in the morning brain-fuzz - pulled out the shorts and the watch goes flying onto the tiled floor.

Intermittently stopping and running awfully slow.

Oh well, off to Seiko we go

Damn not good! Could of been worse could... that's why we use holiday watches!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    wounded, heart sinking moment i'll bet, hopefully an inexpensive repair, and aesthetic damage?

Master
    Gutted, on the bright side though at least it's a beater. Hope it doesn't cost much to sort.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No case damage fortunately, hopefully something simple to fix.

I broke my G-shock on holiday a few years ago, a pusher got dislodged and the main menu was stuck thence on World Time.

I'm quite proud to tell people I broke my G-shock

I sent it to Casio UK who repaired and shipped it back to me for about £20.

I'm just glad I didn't take my Milgauss on hols and drop it, I think the bill would have been higher.

Master
    I always think the best way to ensure one's watch doesn't get damaged is NOT TO TAKE IT OFF!!! Its much safer that way!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I always think the best way to ensure one's watch doesn't get damaged is NOT TO TAKE IT OFF!!! Its much safer that way!
    That is so true. Certainly on holiday the only time my watch leaves my wrist is bed time. If I didn't have young children that are prone to ending up bouncing on our bed it probably wouldn't come off at all

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    That is so true. Certainly on holiday the only time my watch leaves my wrist is bed time. If I didn't have young children that are prone to ending up bouncing on our bed it probably wouldn't come off at all

I play it the opposite.

Holiday watch comes on holiday to tell me the time of: flight check-in, restaurant bookings, ferry trips etc, but is only worn for a short time each day.

Most of the time it's off-wrist and sat on the bedside table eg : pool, sunbathing, beach, 11am drinkies, 2pm drinkies, 5pm afternoon drinkies, (oh hang on, I can see the problem with my own plan here....)

The whole point of holiday is *not* to live by the clock and relax!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    I play it the opposite.

Holiday watch comes on holiday to tell me the time of: flight check-in, restaurant bookings, ferry trips etc, but is only worn for a short time each day.

Most of the time it's off-wrist and sat on the bedside table eg : pool, sunbathing, beach, 11am drinkies, 2pm drinkies, 5pm afternoon drinkies, (oh hang on, I can see the problem with my own plan here....)

The whole point of holiday is *not* to live by the clock and relax!
    Haha I see the point but I need the watch to make my 11am drinkies on time! Can't miss them!